IT.COM

question Why a domain priced at $350,000 has minimum offer of $100

NameSilo
Watch

Pradheep

Established Member
Impact
i've seen few domainers selling low 5 figure domains with starting offer of $100

Question: Does offers starting at $100 convert to 6 figure sale?
(screenshot image domain sold for low 5 figures in auction and its good 2 word .com,
sorry, i can't reveal domain name as we are speaking pricing strategy )

localmarketing.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t know what they intend other than to get any and every offer (including fakes and spam) and that they don’t really have a firm price in mind.

A person who is serious about their BIN and secure in the name doesn’t need such games.

•••
That's the default setting on that marketplace.

•••
At least the BIN is shown - one time I inquired on a 7-letter, non-word, non-existing brand pronounceable .COM on Sedo that had a $2K minimum offer, and received a $2,500,000 counter.

Some people are just crazy.

•••
If that is intentional, it has one reason imo: get a gauge of the offers, no matter the quality and/or amount.
When they are satisfied with the stats they get, the bin and min.offer will probably change.

•••
…probably because not everyone takes the time to set the minimum offer when they list their domains. I know I didn’t used to.

Last edited:
•••
because the domain owner is lazy and don't care about optimizing the listing

By the way a reasonable BIN + installment payment options without make offer converts the best.

•••
Another theory. While it is indeed totally disproportionate to the BIN price shown, any other minimum amount may indicate that it is close to the reserve price/floor price that the seller will agree to. If it says $100 (DAN) or $20 (Afternic), the potential buyer won't be able to guess what the minimum is and will focus more on the BIN being displayed.

By the way, I would not offer any Make Offer option at DAN when showing BIN prices.

Last edited:
•••
•••
That's the default setting on that marketplace.
Yes, that seems to be the case on at least one marketplace, and it seems that it can really turn off the potential buyer if you accidentally let that appear, when your BIN is much higher.

•••
Quite a few marketplaces default to $100 minimum when you list your domain under make offer.
It doesn't mean anything, it's just an arbitrary amount used as minimum offer, you can usually change it to any value you want.
Have a look at this blog post: Domain Name “Minimum Offer” Explained

•••
Better for BIN + installment only . or make offer only to test the market for 2 - 3 month before changing to BIN

•••
Back