Dynadot

Who’s the Registrar, Cosmotown?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
3DEDC793-2B22-447D-946B-A74A3639BF0D.jpeg

$5.99 .com (!) beat Sav $6.95, and DD 6.99. (!)
Never saw offer this unlimited $5.99 .com lol.

The .com renewal is $8.29, and i think they say will hike proportionately to Sept1 hikes.
The .com renewal would instantly be lowest for non-bulk, non-special, just regular pricing.

Who is Cosmotown, folks? Help? Credible?
16FD7C3A-99EA-4E00-87C3-701121BD671A.jpeg

https://blog.cosmotown.com/?p=527

Hat tip: tld-list(.)com Best compare all prices

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NOT MY REG!. Never used them before,

USE at OWN RISK. Has anyone investigated?

Anyone ever used this Registrar before lol?

These prices are cheap, soo cheap.

*Feel free to move this anywhere, this is the most popular topic, want know if anyone thinks this “CosmoTown” will be here after 4 years.. Anyone? Still scared to try them.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Extra buck you got Rob watching your back
More fish smell

•••
Extra buck you got Rob watching your back
More fish smell
How dare you,

Lol. Please.

My name speaks for itself, get out here w/ that

more confusing than when Sav came no where

Sadly, Sav’s current result, reflects poorly on what i think Cosmotown will end up…

mybe Rob buys em,cosmotown finds hard way —ANYONE but GODADDY!! Please & Ty.
(Love Mergers & Acquisitions not involving Gd

Last edited:
•••
Credibility and trust are most important things in domaining. Your rep is solid. These unknown quantities are pouring in here,
I’ll get out of here with/ that, but if you have to question a registrars credebility, there is a problem.

•••
Credibility and trust are most important things in domaining. Your rep is solid. These unknown quantities are pouring in here,
I’ll get out of here with/ that, but if you have to question a registrars credebility, there is a problem.

$5.99 DOT COM REG??!!

Where’s the money coming from?!! You know?

Looks like noble mission, but agree wit u sadly

Samer

Last edited:
•••
✓ They are an ICANN accredited registrar:
upload_2021-8-12_7-50-51.png

✓ They have been working since 2012 (look at these girls on the home page back in 2013 :))
upload_2021-8-12_7-54-38.png

✓Active social profile:
upload_2021-8-12_8-7-18.png

✗ Their trademark is expired:
upload_2021-8-12_8-1-12.png

✗ They have one very interesting review on TrustPilot:
upload_2021-8-12_8-3-16.png

✗ They have chat support, but there you can find a pretty damn old article and a couple of nice words from James Paik, who no longer works for this company:
upload_2021-8-12_8-13-52.png

upload_2021-8-12_8-15-49.png

upload_2021-8-12_8-16-55.png

✗ Privacy policy didn't change since 2012:
upload_2021-8-12_8-19-8.png

upload_2021-8-12_8-21-33.png

Bottomline
Based on the facts above I wouldn't use and trust this registrar.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like they are good.

3+ years in business, so they might be legit. Also, they allow after 60 days transfer.

Will test their service soon.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The pricing is good, also they give 60 days transfer out, so there is no harm in trying the service...

•••
The PendingDelete = 0 status is very weird.

•••
I have tested with a few names, but will not do that again. The registration was also down for many days which is a big red flag about quality.

Not worth the risk in my opinion. Dynadot at $6.99 right now is much better.

I'm not sure if you're even able to transfer domains away, looks unsupported... and what the hell is the zero pending delete?

Edit: It might be just the smallest registrar ever, but one over another I'm not sure where the difference to the real price would come from. It has to come from something. That raises questions for which I have no answer right now.

Edit 2: At this time I also can't register anything. No result is ever found via search. It just... stays there.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I thought Id give it a go, but .....
For the moment they say that they have problems with accepting creditcards. (why they didn't say). Only Paypal for the moment. And I have to restore my Paypalaccount.

•••
I've given them a try earlier this year. Keeping the names unlocked, Auth code on file.

Their auths seem to be working. Yet to transfer as I have plenty of time left.

Backend looks dated but it works without issues for me. Regs worked smooth and were instant, using PayPal.

They're Korean for what it's worth part of CROSSCERT, INC. DBA

https://global.crosscert.com/global-authentication-service/domain/

More info on their global site... Nothing shady looking at first glance.

•••
I couldn't use my credit card too. Support just says to delete the cache, but that doesn't work. I used Paypal to buy a domain at the end.

Now I can't access my account to manage this domain. Every page redirects to the main domain, no login from homepage, the search doesn't work, or even the cart. It's so weird.

A domain that I bought redirects to google.com and is registered by Cosmotown. Only I can't access it in any way.

•••
For anyone interested.

Since now I have more than 1 year with them, I've just posted a Cosmotown review.

Hope it helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back