IT.COM

Whom Should I Contact?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I know the CEO but I do not have his email as I can't find his email ID anywhere. BUT this is what I could find and so, whom should i contact
ZEN.PNG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would go with the Business Development person if you know his complete email addy.... with a "CC" to the CEO's name in the same email format. If it doesn't reach him, at least it will go to the other person.

Finance directors often only think in "numbers" and are bit more likely to delete any email they see asking for money.

Business development, marketing, etc think about "sales" and are more likely to see the potential benefit from a domain, and forward it to someone that can make a decision.

•••
I go with business development/sales. Dis is clearbit rite?

•••
yea there you go. good thread! wanted to ask about Clearbit since it was mentioned here a little while ago being with the sale of Hatred.com for $150.

I checked out Clearbit. looks a bit pricey although I was looking at all the options. long story short. what'st he cheapest option and does it have enough "bang" for the buck? thee other options seem to be for larger corps.

I'm just one guy who wants to find the email addresses of execs and decision makers in the potential enduser companies I think might want my domains.

also 2 thinks.

Clearbit vs. Linkedin?
Clearbit vs. (one price buy software) data miner like ScrapeBox?

aren't the emails of these exec's found somewhere on the main website of their company anyways? so why not use a Data Miner?

where does Clearbit find the exact email address of these people? I know there are data brokers out there.

is the cost of Clearbit's cheapest to medium expensive options justify paying for their service?

•••
I know the CEO but I do not have his email as I can't find his email ID anywhere. BUT this is what I could find

PM me the CEO's name / company, and I will do you a solid and find the info for you.

I'm good at things like this :)

Last edited:
•••
PM me the CEO's name / company, and I will do you a solid and find the info for you.

I'm good at things like this :)

cool. I'll let you know. but back to Jideofor? is Clearbit good? or pricey or both?

•••
or pricey or both

Almost fell out of my chair when I saw what they were charging...mistypes I assume?!?!?!

Makes me want to open my own site for that type of mining! Scrapebox is much more reasonably priced IMO.

•••
Almost fell out of my chair when I saw what they were charging...mistypes I assume?!?!?!

Makes me want to open my own site for that type of mining! Scrapebox is much more reasonably priced IMO.

yea I was watching some news on 60 minutes about data brokers and how they collect data on everyone. I'm sure that's where clearbit gets their data.

As far as Scrapebox? what do you think Mister Funsky? is it equal to Clearbit? or is Clearbit just light years away from any out of the box data miners.

I was wondering if perhaps they have a "starter" option?

I mean I guess the medium grade option would be cost effective if.......

you are selling 100 domains at $1000 or $5000 a pop per for each month you paid for Clearbit.

I think I'm going to start a thread now. instead of highjacking this one. sorry Jideofor!

anyways Jideofor? or anyone else? can you tell us your experience with ClearBit? is their data accurate? and is the price worth it? which package did you go with? Thanks,

•••
yea there you go. good thread! wanted to ask about Clearbit since it was mentioned here a little while ago being with the sale of Hatred.com for $150.

I checked out Clearbit. looks a bit pricey although I was looking at all the options. long story short. what'st he cheapest option and does it have enough "bang" for the buck? thee other options seem to be for larger corps.

I'm just one guy who wants to find the email addresses of execs and decision makers in the potential enduser companies I think might want my domains.

also 2 thinks.

Clearbit vs. Linkedin?
Clearbit vs. (one price buy software) data miner like ScrapeBox?

aren't the emails of these exec's found somewhere on the main website of their company anyways? so why not use a Data Miner?

where does Clearbit find the exact email address of these people? I know there are data brokers out there.

is the cost of Clearbit's cheapest to medium expensive options justify paying for their service?

Clearbit has a free gmail app that allows you 100 free searches per month. If you have success - then you can sign up for the monthly. Just don't use gmail to send.

Sorry for hijacking thread. The OP should email business development,cc the ceo and one or two of the mystery names.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I would go with the Business Development person if you know his complete email addy.... with a "CC" to the CEO's name in the same email format. If it doesn't reach him, at least it will go to the other person.

Finance directors often only think in "numbers" and are bit more likely to delete any email they see asking for money.

Business development, marketing, etc think about "sales" and are more likely to see the potential benefit from a domain, and forward it to someone that can make a decision.

Thanks. I will do that. I did assume the CEO's email format about 2 months ago, using first [email protected] and sent an email to it but didn't hear back.

Let me try this one again.

•••
I've been asking my self this same question. I send mails to only the CMO of companies but gotten reply just thrice. Who else is responsible for positive results in an organisation?

•••
I've been asking my self this same question. I send mails to only the CMO of companies but gotten reply just thrice. Who else is responsible for positive results in an organisation?
lol... CEO might be too busy sometimes or may not know what to do.

•••
lol... CEO might be too busy sometimes or may not know what to do.
So should I just still focus on targeting the chief marketing officer?

•••
•••

The CC should be just the CEO's name only, right? As in, CC: Ceo's name or you mean CC: CEO's email?

•••

Okay email sent and auto reply notified that he is on annual leave lol. Would be back on 23 of Aug but it did state that he checks emails every day... finger crossed!

•••
I meant carbon copy to CEO's email, but using the same email format of the business development person.

As in:

To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

I was under the assumption that you had at least one complete email address for someone at the company, but I may have misunderstood.

Like you mentioned above, you tried [email protected]. If you had the Biz Devs complete address, just use the same format for the CEO. Which I'm sure you already knew to do.

The reason I said to send to Biz Dev with a carbon copy to CEO, is because it puts the ball in more than one person's court. This way instead of one particular person automatically deleting the email, they are sort of obligated to to at least mention it to the other person, aka CEO, or someone else that can make the decision.

If you don't know the email format, also try [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc.

::ah ok, cool.. I see the email is sent. Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
I meant carbon copy to CEO's email, but using the same email format of the business development person.

As in:

To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

I was under the assumption that you had at least one complete email address for someone at the company, but I may have misunderstood.

Like you mentioned above, you tried [email protected]. If you had the Biz Devs complete address, just use the same format for the CEO. Which I'm sure you already knew to do.

The reason I said to send to Biz Dev with a carbon copy to CEO, is because it puts the ball in more than one person's court. This way instead of one particular person automatically deleting the email, they are sort of obligated to to at least mention it to the other person, aka CEO, or someone else that can make the decision.

If you don't know the email format, also try [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc.

::ah ok, cool.. I see the email is sent. Good Luck!
Yeah, I figured. Thanks. I did as directed in this post, So let's wait for it. God bless.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back