Dynadot

WhoIs privacy for .ca and .co.uk domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a couple .ca and .co.uk domains with NameCheap. Can't seem to buy WhoIs privacy for these.

Any idea how I could get privacy for these domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ca privacy is not allowed by the registry

Co.uk you can hide some informaion but you have to use the nominet selfservice tool

•••
•••
CIRA would've automatically covered your .ca , atleast that's what happened to a couple I registered.

•••
Dont pay for whois privacy for UK names. All you need is to go to Nominet and on there you will have to fill in a form basically saying you are a UK resident, your status is that of an individual and you`d like to make your info private.

•••
CIRA would've automatically covered your .ca , atleast that's what happened to a couple I registered.

Yeah, you can select your contact information to be hidden (just like with .co.uk), if you register a domain as an individual.

•••
Things are changing in .uk as of 1st March 2016. Nominet Registrars can now offer a privacy service in partnership with the registry. Some Nominet registrars had been offering full WHOIS privacy on .uk domain names but the new system has benefits for both registrars and the registry as detailed. With this service both the Registrant Name and Registrant Address will be hidden from both the WHOIS and from the Nominet Searchable WHOIS (formally known as PRSS).

Free WHOIS address opt out also still exists for non trading individuals as per the WHOIS policies.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back