Dynadot

information Whois.com is a fraud. They cant and wont process .io domain names from 1/3/2023

NameSilo
Watch

Alans1225

AlanChallis.comTop Member
Impact
This is total BS.... Whois.com removed "every one" of my .io domains after 2 days... WTF is this! Whois.com is not looking at their practices. And they never have. I have a few thousand domains elsewhere, and i will never ever again use Whois.com.... its a joke. And I will never ever recommend them to anyone EVER again. They are CROOKS ..... Yes they gave my money back, However, 2 days later? Come on Whois.com.... this is ridiculous. Has anyone else had this problem? I lost a day at work because of this....Whois.com..... Whats going on here with Whois.com?? I am upset because of this.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please know that you have my sympathies.

Right now, I am dealing with trying to fix inaccuracies in their Whois.com database for my domains.
They have a reporting form supposedly for correcting wrong information. I filled it out, submitted the information, but the message comes back that the form is only for those who have domains registered directly with them.

If a company's business involves listing domain information for all domains, WHY would you only provide a reporting form to correct inaccurate information for ONLY YOUR Whois.com domain registrants.

So, while the icann lookup and my registrar's WhoIs information remains correct, Whois.com remains inaccurate. Is that the sign of a good company? Do we really have to submit a form to ICANN to deal with this particular company's problems, rather than at least at first being able to contact them directly? According to their website, that appears to be the only solution they provide to dealing with their database. ICANN is posting the information correctly. My registrar is posting the information correctly Whois.com isn't. Why would you ask to have a form submitted ICANN to correct your database problem?

Note that I could not find information about where this company is located and who they are. there's no regular mail address for correspondence as well, and who they really are remains a mystery to me.
'

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I think whois.com is resellerclub subregistrar

•••
Upvote 0
I think whois.com is resellerclub subregistrar
OK. So who are they? Who owns them, and where are they located? Since I don't have my domains with them, it would be nice to be able to contact them directly, even if by "snail" mail.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Ughhhhhh, I can't figure that out, but I am done with them. I reg'd over 200 domains (.io) with them (on their sale) and just EVERY one of them was deleted. NO MORE..... Whois is just plain BS.... Can't be bothered w them anymore. This is just plain crazy. I take off the day for this and 2 days later, the domains get revoked. This is nonsense with Whois.com

•••
Upvote 0
And ReallyBigIdea..... I have yet to figure this out..... hmmmmmm

•••
Upvote 0
And LoveCatchyDomains, I wish that I never saw the promo.... Waste of time

•••
Upvote 0
Ughhhhhh, I can't figure that out, but I am done with them. I reg'd over 200 domains (.io) with them (on their sale) and just EVERY one of them was deleted. NO MORE..... Whois is just plain BS.... Can't be bothered w them anymore. This is just plain crazy. I take off the day for this and 2 days later, the domains get revoked. This is nonsense with Whois.com
Are you saying that you are done with "whois.con?"
Note that they seemed to be a good database over the years. Has something happened to make the company start going downhill?
Please note that perhaps instead of being a "fraud," maybe they are a company that is struggling with the current economic challenges and management/staff changes? Sometimes cost-cutting measures appear wise up front, but can have significant impacts on quality control and customer service. I wonder if that is the case here?

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
yes i found there e-mail when i woke up the problem is the domain i bought was squadhelp approved thank god i was able to register it again in another provider ,it was unprofessional act they should at least give costumer enough time to transfer domains

•••
Upvote 0
I honestly don't know about the situation, but it really doesn't matter to me. I am just really upset that they advertised the price at $3 something and that two days later they revoked all of the domains that I have purchased from that particular registrar. That's all I am saying. I will NOT be doing any more transactions with Whois.com registrar. I know it's not many(compared to others) as (i have several thousand domains registered) ..... however they have lost my business 100%

•••
Upvote 0
I honestly don't know about the situation, but it really doesn't matter to me. I am just really upset that they advertised the price at $3 something and that two days later they revoked all of the domains that I have purchased from that particular registrar. That's all I am saying. I will NOT be doing any more transactions with Whois.com registrar. I know it's not many(compared to others) as (i have several thousand domains registered) ..... however they have lost my business 100%
Curious did you re-register them somewhere else after or was $29+ reg. fee at other places too much?

•••
Upvote 0
No, I haven't used them for years. I tried to login (and that was fine) I had to re register w them after some conflict....Ok too.... Anyhow it took 2 whole days until they remedied that situation and refunded my money. I didn't need to, but what if? ..... That's all I am upset about. It should not have happened. If it does, take your losses. That's all. I personally don't agree with Whois.com..... That's all as I am upset about. And they (Whois.com) doesn't seem to care on my, or anyone else's losses with them at "Whois". It's terrible.

•••
Upvote 0
And Daniel, they were fresh regs here on my end.

•••
Upvote 0
And Daniel, they were fresh regs here on my end.
Yeah, but they delete your fresh regs, when they refund like they did with me. Meaning you could fresh-reg. them all over again somewhere else but they better be super nice to justify the high reg. fee elsewhere.

•••
Upvote 0
Yes, I'm not playing that though. They were very cheap (as you saw) but I will not even reregister at those prices. Too much for me, although anyone else they are $62 plus, for a domain.... I will pass. Too many other places. The only reason I went with them was because of the pricing.... it was crazy cheap..($3.48 or so) .... apparently not after whois deleted all of my domain names. It's craziness.

•••
Upvote 0
Yes, I'm not playing that though. They were very cheap (as you saw) but I will not even reregister at those prices. Too much for me, although anyone else they are $62 plus, for a domain.... I will pass. Too many other places. The only reason I went with them was because of the pricing.... it was crazy cheap..($3.48 or so) .... apparently not after whois deleted all of my domain names. It's craziness.
Everybody loves cheapo's so yeah I see why you don't want to re-reg them even if available.

•••
Upvote 0
Everybody loves cheapo's so yeah I see why you don't want to re-reg them even if available.
Yes, cheap may be great. But do you really feel comfortable using a registrar that doesn't even present a business address and telephone number to contact for support? And do you expect to have great customer service from such an entity?

For myself, all the registrars I've used have that basic information readily available on their website.
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but would question if really there is an underlying issue of choice of registrars. That's not to say that overall they aren't a good registrar---I don't know, and wouldn't use them anyhow based on the lack of clarity of the business entity here.

Do consider doing more business at registrars that at least have more transparency and commitment to customer service. There are some very decent ones out there, and perhaps they charge more. They may,however, save you from more hassles in the future.

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
This is total BS.... Whois.com removed "every one" of my .io domains after 2 days... WTF is this! Whois.com is not looking at their practices. And they never have. I have a few thousand domains elsewhere, and i will never ever again use Whois.com.... its a joke. And I will never ever recommend them to anyone EVER again. They are CROOKS ..... Yes they gave my money back, However, 2 days later? Come on Whois.com.... this is ridiculous. Has anyone else had this problem? I lost a day at work because of this....Whois.com..... Whats going on here with Whois.com?? I am upset because of this.
Could this be the .io discounted sales they did few days ago

•••
Upvote 0
So you never got your refund before posting this?

•••
Upvote 0
Hi Lock, I did eventually get my funds released. I was just trying to let everyone else interested in this particular "sale" to please avoid it. It has created headaches for me (at first) however, there are many other reg companies out there. It's just this particular sale that went on for more than a day. This "sale" that they had, (personally) I think it was, (for me), the end of that particular registrar. There are plenty of other companies out there good and bad.

•••
Upvote 0
Question i have is what is registrar? If it was another would it show in your opinion? Is the problem with icann, whois or registrar?

•••
Upvote 0
They handled this wrong.

When they discovered the underpricing, they should have sent a message like this:

"Dear zzz, we're sorry to inform you that there was a system error that caused your .io domains to be underpriced. We're hereby letting you know that you must pay an additional $27 for each domain registered.

If within 3 days from this notice the additional amount hasn't been paid, your registered domains will be canceled and you will be issued a refund."

In other words, give you the option to pay up if you agree, before cancelling the domains.

Otherwise pricing errors occurs and have had it with other registrars as well.

•••
Upvote 0
I couldn't find very many good deals although I might have found $25 but didn't want to reg. at a crummy register.

Can you name the crummy register, if you're OK with it, please!

•••
Upvote 0
Even I was shock to see under $4 for .io? I couldn’t believe there promo. 😂

•••
Upvote 0
I also lost 15 Nos .io domains..Anybody requested or received original credit back to your PayPal or credit card? I see refund money as account credit in my whois a/c..i am yet to request and so checking here..

•••
Upvote 0
Back