IT.COM

information Whois.com is a fraud. They cant and wont process .io domain names from 1/3/2023

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alans1225

AlanChallis.comTop Member
Impact
This is total BS.... Whois.com removed "every one" of my .io domains after 2 days... WTF is this! Whois.com is not looking at their practices. And they never have. I have a few thousand domains elsewhere, and i will never ever again use Whois.com.... its a joke. And I will never ever recommend them to anyone EVER again. They are CROOKS ..... Yes they gave my money back, However, 2 days later? Come on Whois.com.... this is ridiculous. Has anyone else had this problem? I lost a day at work because of this....Whois.com..... Whats going on here with Whois.com?? I am upset because of this.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is total BS.... Whois.com removed my .io domains after 2 days... WTF is this! Whois.com is not looking at their practices. And they never have. I have a few thousand domains elsewhere, and i will never ever again use Whois.com.... its a joke. And I will never ever recommend them to anyone EVER again. They are CROOKS ..... Yes they gave my money back, however, 2 days later? Come on Whois.com.... this is ridiculous. Has anyone else had this problem? Whats going on here?
It should have said in your email from whois after refund. This is what the email said, "Unfortunately, there was an error in the .IO domain pricing set on promotion for the period of 2nd January 2023 till 3rd January 2023. This was a system error that caused the domain to be underpriced. We will be obligated to delete any .IO domain names registered during this period."

So basically they are saying they were registered too cheap and discount was a mistake and they won't honor the $3.48 deal. I'd still deal with whois but it would have been nice if they would have give $'s back to my payment method instead of account credit. I was able to snap one up for full price at a different register but it was super strong, most .io are hard to justify $30+ reg. fees.

•••
Upvote 0
Yes Daniel, I completely agree with you. But still, WTF! This is crazy from Whois. Haha! Still upset over this. And no, i never got their email, just that they have deleted all of the names

•••
Upvote 0
Ughhhhhhh Hahaha! Still upset! I reg'd many great .io names.... Now they are gone

•••
Upvote 0
Yes Daniel, I completely agree with you. But still, WTF! This is crazy from Whois. Haha! Still upset over this. And no, i never got their email, just that they have deleted all of the names
I hand-regged yesterday and got the email with that message of why they were deleted. And, emails for each domain deleted. Like, I say account credit isn't a very nice way to do it when it's there fault. At least it was only 5 .ios so that x $3.48 isn't too bad.

•••
Upvote 0
Ughhhhhhh Hahaha! Still upset! I reg'd many great .io names.... Now they are gone
They are not gone they are deleted now you can register at full price if someone hasn't snapped them up. 5 of mine were completely deleted but I only hand-regged 1 of them out of 5. I am upset too as it looks like I could have got a good return on investment.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Oh well, yes I agree with you completely, and I got my money back too. But to think that I took a day off for this, it's crazy of Whois

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Yes, i completely agree with you

•••
Upvote 0
They are not gone they are deleted now you can register at full price if someone hasn't snapped them up. 5 of mine were completely deleted but I only hand-regged 1 of them out of 5. I am upset too as it looks like I could have got a good return on investment.
I had to pay $36.99 for a strong .io which is insane and at namesilo it would have been $39.99. I couldn't find very many good deals although I might have found $25 but didn't want to reg. at a crummy register.

•••
Upvote 1
Oh well, yes I agree with you completely, and I got my money back too. But to think that I took a day off for this is crazy of Whois
Yeah, we are in agreement. They have some good deals but it makes me question if some of the promos are also mistakes and if I register a .org for $5.88 will I be refunded a day or two later and also it only be account credit.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
I completely agree. I will not be reging anymore at Whois.com, no matter what the promo says.

•••
Upvote 0
I completely agree. I will not be reging anymore at Whois.com, no matter what the promo says.
I'm curious did they do the same thing to you as they did me refund only in account credit?

•••
Upvote 0
Hahaha! I think it's a great name! I will sell it CHEAP! Hahaha!:xf.smile: You will not be disappointed! All of my domain names are cheap!... really cheap!

•••
Upvote 0
Not sure Daniel, let me check

•••
Upvote 0
Haha, I do think at the moment it is ONLY account credit..... I will further let you know.... Geezzzzzzz

•••
Upvote 0
Haha, I do think at the moment it is ONLY account credit..... I will further let you know.... Geezzzzzzz
Yeah, probably a minimum cashout limit too and if they were to charge you fees to cashout that would really be insane.

•••
Upvote 0
Same thing here! Wasted an entire day and lots of money!

They should at least credit back my credit card instead of giving me credit to a registrar I'll never use. Ridiculous!!

•••
Upvote 0
Yes, I agree with you both. This is crazy w Whois. CAUTION, Never again. And I completely agree, RIDICULOUS!

•••
Upvote 0
Yes, I agree with you both. This is crazy w Whois. CAUTION, Never again. And I completely agree, RIDICULOUS!
You also have to be careful with their custom email service the doubled the price on me, luckily I was able to cancel but yeah a bit unethical to go from $0.48 per month to $0.98 a month. So yeah, I didn't renew lol

•••
Upvote 0
They are not allowing me to log into my account and customer support still has not got back to me. Has this happened to anyone else??

•••
Upvote 0
They are not allowing me to log into my account and customer support still has not got back to me. Has this happened to anyone else??
Nope hasn't happened to me, although I did have to once reset password to be able to login.

•••
Upvote 0
Yes, this didn't happen to me yet. I just can't believe such a company could do business like they are. Personally, I think it's crazy of them as a company.

•••
Upvote 0
And no Mike, That hasn't happened to me YET...... Although what Daniel said, I did have to re register with a completely different email. Never again for me.

•••
Upvote 0
It's crazy though..... They have been around for quite a long time...... Not from me though. I've had it with Whois.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back