Dynadot

registrars Who is the best registrar in the business?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is the best registrar?

• 1st

GoDaddy

votes
    29.8%
  • 2nd

NameSilo

votes
    22.5%
  • 3rd

NameCheap

votes
    13.4%
  • 4th

Uniregistry

votes
    11.2%
  • 5th

Dynadot

votes
    9.2%
  • 6th

Name.com

votes
    4.0%
  • 7th

Epik

votes
    3.4%
  • 8th

NameBright

votes
    2.4%
  • 9th (tie)

InternetBS

votes
    0.6%
  • 9th (tie)

Enom

votes
    0.6%
  • 10th (tie)

101Domain

votes
    0.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Hover

votes
    0.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.5%
  • 11th (tie)

Fabulous

votes
    0.4%
  • 11th (tie)

NetworkSolutions

votes
    0.4%
  • 12th (tie)

Dotster

vote
    0.1%
  • 12th (tie)

NamePal

vote
    0.1%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.com

vote
    0.1%
  • 13th

Rebel

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It's been over 18 months since the last big poll here, a few things have changed, and there is new policy out of GoDaddy today. So let's take a new poll on best registrar. GoDaddy ran away with the last poll.

1. Godaddy
    303 vote(s)
    52.5%

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really believe EPIK should be mentioned in the poll

•••
Voted.

Porkbun should be on there..they're fantastic.

Domainmonster is no more, unless you're an existing customer. They are 123 Reg now.

•••

Fair point Hyper, I actually included the same names from the old poll, I should have switched out Domain Monster for Epik. @Eric Lyon can you edit that I don't think polls can be edited.

•••
Fair point Hyper, I actually included the same names from the old poll, I should have switched out Domain Monster for Epik. @Eric Lyon can you edit that I don't think polls can be edited.
Updated. ;)

Note: At the time of editing, Domain Monster had 0 votes.

•••
•••
They are decent, but have a flaw...

After the 15 day grace period the customer’s domain is deleted from their account. After day 16, the domain will in most cases be recoverable for up to a total of 69 days after the expiration date. In the case, where the domain can still be recovered a restoration fee not to exceed $90 is assessed.

•••
They are decent, but have a flaw...

After the 15 day grace period the customer’s domain is deleted from their account. After day 16, the domain will in most cases be recoverable for up to a total of 69 days after the expiration date. In the case, where the domain can still be recovered a restoration fee not to exceed $90 is assessed.

decent is all we ask sometimes

•••
decent is all we ask sometimes
I agree Rob Monster is very approachable for issues, and they have some good options within their panel for payment plans, bitcoin, and escrow. One stop shopping, I feel they should move that 15 day grace up a bit, I used to get spammed for years from Jessica from Epik trying to buy my names for $100, so I guess that segment of the business of getting to client domains can be very profitable.

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy are still good for customer support. Pretty much instant 'real person' on phone answering. which is a real plus and rarity these days Just remember you'll be dealing with a 'script-programmed' answering persona until you can get them to pass you on to a supervisor

Last edited:
•••
Name Silo is winning at the moment, and rightly so. They have everything - free privacy, a well designed market place with a reasonable charge for an "escrow" push, they accept and pay in Bitcoin, cheap prices, free privacy etc. If they included a morning coffee, they would be perfect. :)

•••
It's a shame that good registrars, like good domains, seem to come and go. I would happily transfer away from the old bags that I'm still with ie, 123-reg.co.uk and godaddy but been with some real good promises (for my single registrations) only to find it doesn't last. Give me a multi-million dollar registrar that really has something to lose in NOT keeping it's customers happy, rather than todays best deal - then I'm intrested

Last edited:
•••
If they included a morning coffee, they would be perfect. :)
And maybe increased support coverage time. But that said, I voted for them as they ARE very good

•••
And maybe increased support coverage time. But that said, I voted for them as they ARE very good

I got answers from their support even on Sunday and almost instantly.

Aside from already stated about them, for me the most important is their constant willingness to be better. They do that simply by listening to their customer's needs.

Last edited:
•••
I got answers from their support even on Sunday and almost instant.
My bad. I meant chat support. But yes, their support is very good irrespective

•••
Name Silo is winning at the moment, and rightly so. They have everything - free privacy, a well designed market place with a reasonable charge for an "escrow" push, they accept and pay in Bitcoin, cheap prices, free privacy etc. If they included a morning coffee, they would be perfect. :)

I voted for NameSilo too.

•••
I really like the phone support I receive at GoDaddy, Though, I have a premier service rep, and he always makes me feel welcomed.

Though within the last year, I have became quite fond on how @namesilo has handled issues brought up by namepros members. Their marketplace is improving, and I haven't incurred much [if any] real issues there.

Here's one of my favorite @namesilo moments of the year HERE: Long story short, @Crysis did a good deed by returning a CVCV.com to its rightful owner after finding out he purchased a stolen domain from Namesilo. Namesilo then stepped up after reviewing the case, and issued @Crysis a refund.

upload_2017-11-22_0-11-34.png

upload_2017-11-22_0-13-0.png

•••
Uniregistry is easy and Best at all .

•••
Porkbun should be on there..they're fantastic.
Since they are little known can you describe in a few words what makes them different from other registrars ?

•••
I really like the phone support I receive at GoDaddy, Though, I have a premier service rep, and he always makes me feel welcomed.

Though within the last year, I have became quite fond on how @namesilo has handled issues brought up by namepros members. Their marketplace is improving, and I haven't incurred much [if any] real issues there.

Here's one of my favorite @namesilo moments of the year HERE: Long story short, @Crysis did a good deed by returning a CVCV.com to its rightful owner after finding out he purchased a stolen domain from Namesilo. Namesilo then stepped up after reviewing the case, and issued @Crysis a refund.

Show attachment 73621
Show attachment 73622

I agree with Grilled. Namesilo is very good. I am quite fond of Uniregistry as well

•••
Since they are little known can you describe in a few words what makes them different from other registrars ?
Will. bbl, have to get to my day job.

•••
1. Name.com
2. Namecheap
3. Porkbun

•••
I vote for @namesilo

Guys you are phantastic

(please can you change the icon
which stands for AutoRenew / NonRenew
in a way that its more obvious
if its autorenew or not )

•••
Of course I voted for Epik...8.10 registration with free privacy, a built in marketplace, all types of payment accepted and SEAMLESS name sales with funds immediately available. I do give the silo a second place vote as they are my back up registrar now that I am moving away from daddy.

•••
All my domains are with NameSilo. Can’t fault them one bit from transfers (ins and outs)prices/customer support.

Companies that make it difficult to transfer out when selling you know are rubbish, recently dealt with Moniker, where i bought a domain from someone who had it stored there. What a nightmare to transfer it out! Took 7 days, tried to even make an account there to push from one account to another and they wanted passport id and other Identification.

Companies who make it difficult to leave, you know they are no good as they make it difficult as possible so you don’t and end up staying, GoDaddy is getting that way.

•••
Back