IT.COM

Who is direct register or who is reseller?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zeeshan zahoor

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone, I hope you all will be fine.
My question is that how can I know or find that which domain registered is directly connected with ICAAN or in which is a reseller?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the image explain better than any word.

Every domain is registered by an accredited registrar, resellers can't register domain directly.

Attachments

• rtaImage.png
    rtaImage.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
•••
Try buy a name at ICANN.COM/ORG as you can't they don't offer domains so you have to buy through a registrar or a reseller. The registrar and reseller are generally same price discounted to reseller in order to grow business. If anything the difference is minimal.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Be wary of some resellers...they might have a great registration price but they have 'fees' attached to many services that many others give/offer for free.

If you pay much less than 8.50 a name, unless there is a legitimate promotion happening, there will likely be some 'strings' attached by the reseller.

If you spend extra, you can get into the godaddy domain club which will lower your prices. Some that I use that offer good service at reasonable prices are epik, namesilo and dynadot. I also used uniregistry in the past but have not attempted any new registrations since the godaddy buyout.

•••
I think the image explains better than any word.

Every domain is registered by an accredited registrar, resellers can't register a domain directly.
who is lookup tool can be used after purchase so I want to know before purchase

•••
•••
•••
•••
Back