IT.COM

discuss Who buys category defining domains like - ElectricCars.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KnifeCatcher

Established Member
Impact
As most of you do, before buying any domain I usually try to identify who the potential end user would be.

Although it might look obvious at first glance, I am finding it hard to decide who the perfect end user would be for category defining domains such as ComputerScreens.com / TeaCups.com / CargoShipping.com (just examples I made up. Not mine).

Would these domains be used by a brand as part of a campaign to sell specific products / services?

If not, why would a company call themselves a generic name rather than a brand name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I’m with you, but that doesn’t add value to the domain? Or even make it technically an EMD

Also, it’s an obscure classification that most people are unaware of (judging by the search volume)

unless I’m missing something else?

ey???

skateboard =
  1. a short narrow board with two small wheels fixed to the bottom of either end, on which a person can ride in a standing or crouching position, propelling themselves by occasionally pushing one foot against the ground.
Global Stablecoins =
  1. Stablecoin initiatives built on an existing – large and/or cross-border – customer base may have the potential to scale rapidly to achieve a global or other substantial footprint. These are referred to as “global stablecoins” (GSCs).
If you think it’s not an EMD then I can’t help you.

And search volume doesn’t concern me. My market isn’t Domainers. There isn’t a Domainer on the planet that could afford it. I’m after much bigger fish. Whales even!

•••
ey???

skateboard =
  1. a short narrow board with two small wheels fixed to the bottom of either end, on which a person can ride in a standing or crouching position, propelling themselves by occasionally pushing one foot against the ground.
Global Stablecoins =
  1. Stablecoin initiatives built on an existing – large and/or cross-border – customer base may have the potential to scale rapidly to achieve a global or other substantial footprint. These are referred to as “global stablecoins” (GSCs).
If you think it’s not an EMD then I can’t help you.

And search volume doesn’t concern me. My market isn’t Domainers. There isn’t a Domainer on the planet that could afford it. I’m after much bigger fish. Whales even!

Your logic makes zero sense.

Skateboard = everyone knows what it is = huge search volume = EMD = huge value

Anyway, best of luck

Last edited:
•••
Your logic makes zero sense.

Skateboard = everyone knows what it is = huge search volume = EMD = huge value

Anyway, best of luck

This isn’t my logic.

The worlds leading regulatory bodies have set out a clear definition of what a Global Stablecoin is. How they differ from Stablecoins, and how they potentially could become global reserve currencies.

It’s not a matter of logic. It’s a matter of the legally binding meaning of the term that has been agreed upon.

•••
It’s not a matter of logic. It’s a matter of the legally binding meaning of the term that has been agreed upon.

Hi

i don't like to give "disagree" points, but i just think you are thinking illogically, when you say
it's not a matter of logic.

when it comes to domaining, it's always a matter of common sense, which is based on logic.

NO, regulatory body, can declare a domain as an emd.
who, gave them this power and authority?
does google, yahoo, bing, ddgo, baidu, etc recognize it?

if that was true, then they could give any domain, such distinction, even when it's obvious they don't qualify.

now, would that be logical?

imo...

•••
I thought we were talking about category defining domains?

•••
•••
As most of you do, before buying any domain I usually try to identify who the potential end user would be.

Although it might look obvious at first glance, I am finding it hard to decide who the perfect end user would be for category defining domains such as ComputerScreens.com / TeaCups.com / CargoShipping.com (just examples I made up. Not mine).

Would these domains be used by a brand as part of a campaign to sell specific products / services?

If not, why would a company call themselves a generic name rather than a brand name?
I look forward to reading what others say ASAP but I have an important meeting with family I’m late too.

I warmed to answer the question though since I ran across it. I’m not sure the exact question but if asking about ones buying behaviors I have no idea how to get to an end user. Heck I’ve even wanted to start my own company where I could reach those type people for others. I am not any different than anyone else but I think I could get to a company head who decides through their assistant hopefully or whatever.

So to answer you: For example, I started to hear about electric cars, once I discovered the domain industry, so I bought roadside charged .com roadside reliability charging. Ws charging global somewhere in there. Porto Electric and others. I figured we are gone need a lot more batteries.....

Maybe we can start a franchise with the slow on business toe trucks and slap some generators on them to come to the rescue if one is out charge and on the roadside.
Oh and since one of the people very interested in that business I also appreciate his business and innovations that I got spaceforceads . Whatever and others....Someone needs to take some pictures from up high and at least maybe some travel companies could use them for marketing? Or I figured at least there are some government state parks that may have open bids for things like that such as state parks?

Sorry for a spotty reply. I hope the logic makes sense because I feel positive the grammar is flawed;)

•••
I look forward to reading what others say ASAP but I have an important meeting with family I’m late too.

I warmed to answer the question though since I ran across it. I’m not sure the exact question but if asking about ones buying behaviors I have no idea how to get to an end user. Heck I’ve even wanted to start my own company where I could reach those type people for others. I am not any different than anyone else but I think I could get to a company head who decides through their assistant hopefully or whatever.

So to answer you: For example, I started to hear about electric cars, once I discovered the domain industry, so I bought roadside charged .com roadside reliability charging. Ws charging global somewhere in there. Porto Electric and others. I figured we are gone need a lot more batteries.....

Maybe we can start a franchise with the slow on business toe trucks and slap some generators on them to come to the rescue if one is out charge and on the roadside.
Oh and since one of the people very interested in that business I also appreciate his business and innovations that I got spaceforceads . Whatever and others....Someone needs to take some pictures from up high and at least maybe some travel companies could use them for marketing? Or I figured at least there are some government state parks that may have open bids for things like that such as state parks?

Sorry for a spotty reply. I hope the logic makes sense because I feel positive the grammar is flawed;)
I unfortunately never look first. It would have probably saved me a lot of money if I did. My @google history could prove that. Not that I want to put it on my resume though. Lol

Take care friends

•••
Hi

i don't like to give "disagree" points, but i just think you are thinking illogically, when you say
it's not a matter of logic.

when it comes to domaining, it's always a matter of common sense, which is based on logic.

NO, regulatory body, can declare a domain as an emd.
who, gave them this power and authority?
does google, yahoo, bing, ddgo, baidu, etc recognize it?

if that was true, then they could give any domain, such distinction, even when it's obvious they don't qualify.

now, would that be logical?

imo...

Just go on any search engine and search ‘Global Stablecoins’.

The term is recognised industry wide.

•••
I will tell you from my exp because i have a big mouth, if google has a teeth on you they will push you so far that no one will help, even one word domain, SEO and other things.
This is google way to tell you, don't play with us.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back