Dynadot

Which would you buy: x.Apartments or xApartments.com ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which would you buy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • x.Apartments

votes
    37.2%
  • xApartments.com

votes
    62.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
upload_2017-4-9_17-36-48.png

annual renewal fee is: $500

upload_2017-4-9_17-37-59.png

annual renewal fee is: $12

Please vote.

Cheers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you're building a business then it's a no brainer to buy both.

•••
I feel the .COM is the better domain for marketing, and it being cheaper to purchase and with a regular renewal price makes it an easy choice for me to pick the .COM.

•••
Buy both, redirect the .com. IMO, x.apartments is a more attractive brand.

•••
I would choose the .com plus renewals are only $12

Think of all the other things that can be done with the rest of the money.

•••
Oh my word :wideyed:
Godaddy says that x.apartments is taken :xf.eek:

upload_2017-4-10_3-49-28.png

•••
available still at godaddy, namesilo price is $417 for x,apartments

•••
Oh, showing available for me..
that would have been funny if a domainer regged it because of this thread

•••
.COM is always better, for both the name and the price (reg & renewal price)

•••
real estate category GTLD's are very slow and bad bet. I would avoid .apartments, .estate, .properties etc

•••
My Sydney.Property is only $29.88 renewal fee.

•••
the .com version is clearly the better choice in this case.
anyone who says otherwise is a homer and needs to re-asses their views on ngtld names.

now if xapartments.com costs $5,000 to buy from the owner and x.apartments was $30 per year then I would feel the opposite way. It really depends on price.

I'm hoping to hold my ngtld names until the point where people start to get accustomed to their existence and businesses start to figure out they could be a value for them to possess. But the ngtld names need to be the value alternative to the .com version. People will buy the cheap version of all kinds of products to save money, ngtld names are the cheap version of domain names, that is how they should be targeted by domainers.

If I have an ngtld name that I can offer for 3k and the .com version is 6k, then maybe I have a good chance to get a sale, and a company or small business has a chance to get a quality alternative domain at half the price... value...

Last edited:
•••
•••
As a business I would like to own both extensions. Yes the premium can be a real deterrent but it maybe wise to 'invest' $2500 for 5 years then reassess the .com v gtld issue

•••
the .com version is clearly the better choice in this case.
anyone who says otherwise is a homer and needs to re-asses their views on ngtld names.

now if xapartments.com costs $5,000 to buy from the owner and x.apartments was $30 per year then I would feel the opposite way. It really depends on price.

I'm hoping to hold my ngtld names until the point where people start to get accustomed to their existence and businesses start to figure out they could be a value for them to possess. But the ngtld names need to be the value alternative to the .com version. People will buy the cheap version of all kinds of products to save money, ngtld names are the cheap version of domain names, that is how they should be targeted by domainers.

If I have an ngtld name that I can offer for 3k and the .com version is 6k, then maybe I have a good chance to get a sale, and a company or small business has a chance to get a quality alternative domain at half the price... value...
Good point.

•••
It's way too easy to advise someone else to spend their money. Just register the $12 option and let someone else worry about the $500 option. If a domainer registers the $500 option he'll be begging you to buy it after a couple of renewals. If a competitor buys the $500 option he'll be wanting to buy your $12 option for the foreseeable future.

•••
Personally don't like either for branding purposes. However, if one must choose I would clearly go for the .COM over the .apartments even if both were available at $10. I don't see any reason to waste money on the new TLD if you own the .COM.

•••
xApartments

If I name my apartment complex xApartments, people will just assume the website is xApartments.com or will remember/understand the URL once they see it.

x.apartments is just a hack, especially if I write my brand without dot in between.

Plus $499/year is roughly an equivalent of $5000 in present value, vs .com $50+$12/10%=$50+$120=$170 in present value.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back