IT.COM

Which WHOIS provider Do You Use The Most, and Which Do You Think Is Most Reliable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
OK, I was checking the information on my contact information with several WhoIS providers, and am becoming amazed at how different the listings are at certain ones. So far, ICANN has proven to be the most reliable overall, at least for when privacy is off on a domain.

Which WhoIS provider do you think is best in terms of reliability? How about convenience of use? Is there one that you use the most, even if it's not always correct?

I'm doing a comparison at this point, and would like to understand this issue better. So any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use my own i have a few different ones over my sites. All are updated same time the only comparison is what other information you can get. Eg my site analysis also has whois i would have half a dozen scripts.

Last edited:
•••
I use my own i have a few different ones over my sites. All are updated same time the only comparison is what other information you can get. Eg my site analysis also has whois i would have half a dozen scripts.

Sounds clever.
So what has your comparison showed? Which WhoIs do you like the most? And do you always check icann as well?

•••
If I just want to look up a .com quickly, I like Verisign's or Whois.com.

If I really want to research a domain in depth, I use domainIQ (paid subscription).

Last edited:
•••
Sounds clever.
So what has your comparison showed? Which WhoIs do you like the most? And do you always check icann as well?
There is no difference to icann as whois is whois. there are other aspects you can look at eg as mentioned in analysis tool and have another that is similar names registered. Some scripts offer more features to go with the whois information. I offer hundreds of tools across my sites.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back