iNoob

Impact
Hello,

I have a domain and registered the following extensions:
.com
.net
.org
.info

Is it worth registering any other extensions (they are all available currently) to protect my brand or is this enough?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you looking to sell the domains or build a site/business?

If looking to resell the domain then you would of only needed the .com - though this could change depending on what niche you are targeting.

For Brand protection this depends on what markets you are looking to trade in or target - US, UK, Germany, Canada, Australia etc etc then you might need to consider country extensions.....

The rest, well you can't buy them all and most of the time it's not worth it. So .com is the priority followed by the country extensions, dependent on your sales geography. IMO

But again all the above could change depending on budget, growth plans, market competition and other factors.

So.......it's your business (which I know nothing about), do the research and see what is the best fit for your circumstances.

•••
You probably won't need the .info and I'd look into buying your ccTLD depending on where you live. Owning the Com/net/org is a solid choice.

I usually settle for just .com and ccTLD but I can understand if you want to own the .net and the .org as well.

Don't get any other extensions as that'd be overkill and a waste of money.

•••
Hi folks,

being in the same situation as iNoob, I wish to ask you: what kind of trouble I'd be exposing myself to, by assuming buying only my-future-international-biz.com should be "good enough", instead of buying all the .com and ccTLDs in the first place ?

Thanks in advance !

•••
No. If you have .COM, you really don't need anything else.
NET/ORG is good to have if you are using a brand.

Past maybe a relevant ccTLD (if the countries ccTLD is dominant), I would not bother with anything else.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
No. If you have .COM, you really don't need anything else.
NET/ORG is good to have if you are using a brand.

Past maybe a relevant ccTLD (if the countries ccTLD is dominant), I would not bother with anything else.

Thanks for your thoughts, Brad !

•••
There is a lot to consider whether it is a single keyword or a real phrase that will be searched.
eg: brandsitemarketing dot com
eg: brandsitemarketing dot net
eg: brandsite dot Marketing
with a brand like
eg quantumphonics dot com
then don't bother you have your one brand.
I had to edit the example I created as wasn't registered and wanted it.

Last edited:
•••
Register in your country native extension, like .fr or .de, and that's enough. I think enough just .com, .net, and country extension, so 3 extensions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back