IT.COM

Which response to "How much?" Do you prefer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which response to "How much?" Do you prefer?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • We are asking 5K. Let us know if interested.

• We are asking 5K, but would consider reasonable offers.

• The price is 5K.

• The price is 5K. The transaction can be conducted through SampleEscrow. Let us know if interested.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which of these responses would you prefer for an end-user who asked "How much?" I, of course, have my favorite and the one that has worked best for me, but don't want to predispose anyone before they vote. Feel free to vote and add a comment if possible.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Our valuation of the name is $5,000. We do have some alternative names if you feel that this is above your budget price.

•••
I feel serious buyers always state a price. If they are simply asking how much, then they should be able to expect a fair price in response.

•••
Before answering I would do some research using what info I can gather, starting with the email address.

Only after this would I consider how I would answer their question of "how much"

You don't have this option listed in your poll, but I might say something like "We are looking for offers in the *** to *** range".

Of course, your lower number should be close to the least amount you want for the name.

•••
It depends on how much the domain cost in the first place.

•••
It depends on how much the domain cost in the first place.

I don't think that is relevant. If it's worth 5k, then it's worth 5k even if it was a hand reg.

•••
Stating a price with the option of making offer seems to be the best

•••
I normally quote higher and give them the option to make an offer this way I could land near where I want to be

•••
Which of these responses would you prefer for an end-user who asked "How much?" I, of course, have my favorite and the one that has worked best for me, but don't want to predispose anyone before they vote. Feel free to vote and add a comment if possible.

Reading through your choices and trying to cover all bases (see below), what came to mind was something along the lines of: Our Buy It Now price is 5k. Offers over $...... would be considered.

By 'cover all bases' I'm meaning things like: cut out low ballers; give a minimum that you Might accept; you might not accept a below BIN offer, or accept it right away; give the sense that it would be lost if someone else comes along and agrees to the BIN price

•••
I usually quote 2 prices, one to send to auction which is much lower than a Buy it now price.

•••
"How much" is often a good indication of a tirekicker / time waster.

Brad

•••
On the buyer end I'd rather hear back...

"We are asking 5K, but would consider reasonable offers."

As now I know their flexible right off the bat.

On the seller end my sales landers force an offer so every inquiry I receive has name, email, phone, initial offer, ip address attached. Almost all the offers I receive are end users that actually use their real information.

•••
•••
For some names, I just state the price in a similar way to this: "We are asking 5K. Let us know if interested"
or "I'm looking for a four/five figure offer to sell this name"

But mostly, I ask the buyer to make an offer first and only then I will discuss further. They always make an offer after my reply, in case you were wondering.

•••
It depends on the amount of interest in the domain:

If the name is strong and there are a lot of end users, and you are relatively confident that it'll sell soon or eventuially, state the price. Fullstop

If this is your first "how much?" and you are not 100% sure that you could drum up more interest in the name elsewhere, state the price and then mention that you are open to offers.

•••
this is never recommended - you just told the buyer you will accept lower than $5k, why would you do that

"We are asking 5K, but would consider reasonable offers"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back