Dynadot

poll Which registrar has the best domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which registrar has the best domain name?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Name.com

• NameSilo

• Network Solutions

• NameCheap

• Epik

• Sav

• Register.com

• Porkbun

• Uniregistry

• GoDaddy

• Dynadot

• 101domain

• CloudFlare

• DirectNic

• Domain.com

• Dotster

• Google

• Hexonet

• Hover

• InternetBS

• Moniker

• NameBright

• NamePal

• Rebel

• Fabulous

• Rebel

• 123-Reg

• ResellerClub

• HostPapa

• Hostinger

• Gandi

• BlueHost

• Alibaba Cloud

• Public Domain Registry

• HiChina

• Ionos

• Onamae

• OVH

• Reg.ru

• Register.it

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My guess was

1-Name.com
2-Domain.com
3-Register.com

and good to see according to current votes, order is like that.

It's unfortunate that they are not performing well as their names do.

•••
I really like network solutions as a brand name.

•••
•••
Above has a cool domain name.

Amazing, zero presence, but #1 name.

•••
porkbun
njalla

Last edited:
•••
all these replies and no-one brought up web.com yet?

•••
Maybe it wasn't shared on the poll. BTW it's first time i'm hearing it from you.

•••
Thanks for the poll, @abstractdomainer. I think it is a good topic. If domain names are important, surely it is relevant how strong the name is for the registrars who sell domain name registrations.

In a sense, as others have said, Name or Domain are the strongest, and I voted for Name. Although, given that most registrars offer a wealth of services beyond domain names, it might be good to have a less specific term. Like Web as @Paul Nicks mentions above.

That said, I like non-generic names like Rebel and Fabulous a lot. Epik also.

And of course, Porkbun name is an oddly satisfying experience :).

I am surprised that GoDaddy with the various changes in leadership and direction, and given their resources, never changed to a different name. Now their brand is so established, a pivot would be challenging, though.

Above are not comments on the registrars, just on strength of their name. And just my opinion.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the poll, @abstractdomainer. I think it is a good topic. If domain names are important, surely it is relevant how strong the name is for the registrars who sell domain name registrations.

In a sense, as others have said, Name or Domain are the strongest, and I voted for Name. Although, given that most registrars offer a wealth of services beyond domain names, it might be good to have a less specific term. Like Web as @Paul Nicks mentions above.

That said, I like non-generic names like Rebel and Fabulous a lot. Epik also.

And of course, Porkbun name is an oddly satisfying experience :).

I am surprised that GoDaddy with the various changes in leadership and direction, and given their resources, never changed to a different name. Now their brand is so established, a pivot would be challenging, though.

Above are not comments on the registrars, just on strength of their name. And just my opinion.

Bob

“Above are not comments on the registrars jus on strength of their name”

Indeed! You used word “Above” I win : )

•••
•••
•••
•••
You're not a registrar but a reseller.
We are considering getting our own registrar accreditation soon

For now we pipe domains between multiple registrar back ends to solve for censorship attacks

We have partnerships with registrars that also own registries to ensure end-to-end censorship resistance at both SLD and TLD level

Primarily we are for those who want to put specific domains that are high in value and need censorship protection as well as privacy and don't mind paying nominally more than other registrars

•••
We are considering getting our own registrar accreditation

Good luck. So you have no place promoting your domain in this thread. Op asked about registrars, which you're not.

For now we pipe domains between multiple registrar back ends to solve for censorship attacks

So you're bouncing them around? Sounds like a bad idea from a security pov and not something a registrant couldn't be doing himself in a more secure way. Basically you're adding a lot of possible points of failure.

We have partnerships with registrars that also own registries to ensure end-to-end censorship resistance at both SLD and TLD level

Partnership is an exaggeration. Just on a reseller agreement. Anyone can become a reseller. All marketing fluff.

Primarily we are for those who want to put specific domains that are high in value and need censorship protection as well as privacy and don't mind paying nominally more than other registrars

I wouldn't transfer anything of high value to a reseller, especially vanwa. It's like putting a big shiny target on your back.

Edit: and let's not forget the case, in another thread, where you denied your client the Auth code and the company you're reselling had to step in.

Last edited:
•••
I like this 3
1.Sav
2.Epik
3.Dynahole

•••
Voted Porkbun because it got some better things than other registrars. In the same price as of other registrars it gives you free whois privacy too :) And it has even added support for HandShake!
Runner up is name.com (price and support) {tho it doesn't gives free WHOIS privacy).

•••
•••
•••
web.com is not included in the list so I vote for netsol. but Godaddy obviously is better because brandable domain and more creative..
name.com
domain.com
are too generic and limited.

I like one.com domain but not as a service.

•••
Will close this voting on November 30th, and declare the results/observations.
Keep sharing your views.

•••
Above dot com!!

A name that is Above, the rest.

But Zero effort to market, i feel.

Honorable mention: (Just the names…) Keep in mind, many cases, name does not make up for service, which is why i get John’s frustration, but fun thread, thought of this topic before. Dont be stupid & pick solely off name.. Now Without further ado:

Name com (loathe to admit; owned by donuts. i’ll stop further comment

Web dot com Owned by the same company, that owns Net Sol!

Joker .com Yes, any registrar, goes!

Reg com (Russian registrar; claim “#1 Web hoster Russia!”

Register com (See: Web dot com)

Domain com (Never tried before; but $9.99 reg, $15.99 renewal!

Rebel com (Canadian ICANN-acred, high cost: 0 staff forums… $16.99 is too much. Also, dont like: “Tld-List” message, precarious not supported; But great name, though. Be a rebel!

Hover com $15.99 com xfer/reg Tucows owned

There may be others with cool names, that deserve recognition here! Maybe push promote more… Sure, many havent heard of them.

Great name doesnt mean, great reg!
Cant emphasize this enough.

Have a blessed rest of your Holiday!

Last edited:
•••
it looks like name.com is the winner.
I have 0 domains with them so their brand name doesn't work properly for attracting customers.

I don't like name.com as a brand name...
- What's your company name?
- Name.
- name?
-yep just name
- OK google NAME.
- we can't find your company by NAME on Google results.

and now Meta.com with or without com it looks great as a brand name.

•••
I’d have to rank Name and/or Epik #1

•••
Z.com
Name.com
Domain.com
Register.com

Honorable mention - Dotster.com from back in the day..

•••
•••
Back