Dynadot

poll Which one would be good for a Website Selling Domains?

NameSilo
Watch

Which one of these 2 Domains would be suitable for a Domain Listing Website?

• 24 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

Fortnite

Patience is the key to success and big moneyEstablished Member
Impact
I would love to here your opinions and ideas on helping me chose a Domain Name for a website where I can sell my Domains.
Domain.jpg

Oinquiry.com .jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
None of the above. Keep looking.

1st doesn't sound like a marketplace, 2nd doesn't make sense to me.

•••
•••
I voted den but I don't like any

•••
Second sounds like a pig making an inquiry.

•••
I voted none also. I don't think you would be taken seriously with either domain.

•••
I voted none also. I don't think you would be taken seriously with either domain.
You right, that's why I made this poll..Thanks for the feedback Stud.

•••
•••
I voted none but I think you're on the right track if the name was DomainDen.com

IMHO having a brandable name works best. It gives you a theme to work with.

I hand registered RodeoDomains.com years ago but let it go.

It's available to register again if you want it.

Let me know if you reg it and I'll send you some free logos for it.

Best of luck!

•••
•••
Any short relevant name will work. I sell a lot and my domain is xynames.com If I’d run a poll on it before picking it would it have won accolades? Probably not.

If the name is that great I’m going to sell it not use it. :xf.wink:

•••
Any short relevant name will work. I sell a lot and my domain is xynames.com If I’d run a poll on it before picking it would it have won accolades? Probably not.

Thanks, Yes you have a point, that's what I was thinking..I've seen worst names out there...but yeah it's good sometimes to know what the public think😊

Last edited:
•••
•••
I voted none but I think you're on the right track if the name was DomainDen.com

IMHO having a brandable name works best. It gives you a theme to work with.

I hand registered RodeoDomains.com years ago but let it go.

It's available to register again if you want it.

Let me know if you reg it and I'll send you some free logos for it.

Best of luck!
Thanks, I'll have a look at it and let u know

•••
None, you need to have a name that is making sense and better than the ones you posted.

•••
DomainerDen would be an interesting name for a forum to discuss things related to domains, but not the right name to sell them to end users in my opinion.

Oinquiry is an interesting brandable, but does not evoke domain names to me. As you branded it in your logo it could be great for some sort of online research service.

Unless one is going to have a huge marketing budget your name must be easily remembered and suggestive of naming. @xynames mentioned the name he chose and to me it is easily remembered and is clear that names is what he does so it does have a lot going for it.

I find the general public speak of names or brands more than the term domains, and that may be relevant.

But also I would ask if it is too early to commit long term to a name and rather emphasize landers and marketplace listings, and then once are clear on the kind of names you will sell have a name that fits that niche. I don't know, but it is at least a question to ask.

The reason I bring it up is because different names can all be right but for different sellers. Are you planning to emphasize big business brands, phrases for marketing campaigns, names for creatives, basic names for small business trades, etc. Some of us named too soon.

Best wishes,

Bob

Last edited:
•••
pick a combo with 'Name' or 'Brand' in it

the general public may not know what a domainer is

•••
DomainerDen would be an interesting name for a forum to discuss things related to domains, but not the right name to sell them to end users in my opinion.

Oinquiry is an interesting brandable, but does not evoke domain names to me. As you branded it in your logo it could be great for some sort of online research service.

Unless one is going to have a huge marketing budget your name must be easily remembered and suggestive of naming. @xynames mentioned the name he chose and to me it is easily remembered and is clear that names is what he does so it does have a lot going for it.

I find the general public speak of names or brands more than the term domains, and that may be relevant.

But also I would ask if it is too early to commit long term to a name and rather emphasize landers and marketplace listings, and then once are clear on the kind of names you will sell have a name that fits that niche. I don't know, but it is at least a question to ask.

The reason I bring it up is because different names can all be right but for different sellers. Are you planning to emphasize big business brands, phrases for marketing campaigns, names for creatives, basic names for small business trades, etc. Some of us named too soon.

Best wishes,

Bob
Thanks UBob for breaking it down in detail for me..That was my first thought about the DomainerDen, it would be suitable for a forum..And I agree with u on that question, I shouldn't be in a rush..maybe for now marketplace and landers would do the job for me..until then I'll keep searching for a name that would be suitable for this type of job.

Regards
😊

•••
www. den.domains is available now at GD for less than 40 bucks or you could get

www. denof.domains

•••

You can go with his suggestion and also some people have posted good names here which you can pick and handreg if interested before hawks pick them up.

Either of it is okay if its what you decided to pick from.
To me, a brand is what you name it.
What will matter is if you ready to push it to success long term or not. When it succeeds, the majority will find it meaningful even though they might not at the initial stage.

Short names are cool but as a starter business, they will likely be off your budget reach.

Last edited:
•••
pick a combo with 'Name' or 'Brand' in it

the general public may not know what a domainer is
Agreed with this, I like names with "brand" .

•••
I selected den but I agree...take a little more time to look for combinations with name, brand or domain in them. The auctions often have pretty decent names for 20 bucks or so.

•••
Maybe a made up word like this one that my wife hand reg: Buydentity.com
A name that clearly communicates what your sites purpose is, of course, is the best approach.
But if the name you choose is a little sketchy and made up like Buydentity you could clarify it with
a decent slogan. We're going to just use the slogan: Brands & Branding.

Good Luck!

•••
You can find better. Best of luck.

•••
Type out the name you want and make offer your the end user at moment.

•••
Back