IT.COM

poll Which % of your sales comes from Afternic ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which % of your sales comes from afternic ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • less than 10%

votes
    33.3%
  • between 10% and 30%

votes
    14.3%
  • between 30% and 50%

votes
    9.5%
  • between 50% and 70%

votes
    9.5%
  • between70% and 90%

votes
    23.8%
  • more than 90%

votes
    9.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Hello all

Which % of your sales comes from afternic ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Using godaddy's landers is better for all of us making more than 50% with afternic...

•••
For the past calendar year, Afternic was the only producer for sales (100%, 3 sales). Granted, I had hoped for more sales, but did appreciate their coming through with what they did. And, that was without any sales landers pointing to them.

•••
Using godaddy's landers is better for all of us making more than 50% with afternic...
I mean, with afternic's fees beginning on February

•••

I mean, with afternic's fees beginning on February
Perhaps. Is there a possibility that potential buyers would be turned off if they see GD charges a 25% commission in general.

Certainly, technically doesn't matter to them. They aren't paying the commission directly, per se. And some might read the fine detail that it's only 15% for landers, not 25%.

Potential buyers certainly might start questioning whether the domain is available elsewhere cheaper. After all, whether a 15% or 25% markup, they would have the right to question whether this is the best venue to use. So, perhaps they end up going elsewhere, and buy the domain at another place where you have listed it. That, of course, could now be a problem for you. Doesn't GD require that still that effectively a "finder's fee" needs to be paid by the seller. And, if the seller doesn't pay, then the buyer is asked to do so?

The landers may turn out to be a more complicated issue than currently being mentioned. Could this mean that you, as a seller, could end up paying in let's say the 5-10% commission for a sale through a different marketplace, but also an additional 25% to GD?

•••
Perhaps. Is there a possibility that potential buyers would be turned off if they see GD charges a 25% commission in general.

Certainly, technically doesn't matter to them. They aren't paying the commission directly, per se. And some might read the fine detail that it's only 15% for landers, not 25%.

Potential buyers certainly might start questioning whether the domain is available elsewhere cheaper. After all, whether a 15% or 25% markup, they would have the right to question whether this is the best venue to use. So, perhaps they end up going elsewhere, and buy the domain at another place where you have listed it. That, of course, could now be a problem for you. Doesn't GD require that still that effectively a "finder's fee" needs to be paid by the seller. And, if the seller doesn't pay, then the buyer is asked to do so?

The landers may turn out to be a more complicated issue than currently being mentioned. Could this mean that you, as a seller, could end up paying in let's say the 5-10% commission for a sale through a different marketplace, but also an additional 25% to GD?
Near to all potential buyers will only see a price and decide to pay or not. They dont care about fees.

The biggest seller HD is using afternic for years and have exactly the same price on they dont try to sell at lower price on their site, but they offer LTO.

•••
The poll and how you use it in another thread to justify afternic commission is misleading.

Yes, most my sales come from there, but then all my landers are there.

I don't know how it would compare to sedo lander plus mls, e.g.

Or how many afternic would sell with no landers.

•••
The poll and how you use it in another thread to justify afternic commission is misleading.

Yes, most my sales come from there, but then all my landers are there.

I don't know how it would compare to sedo lander plus mls, e.g.

Or how many afternic would sell with no landers.
I dont use afternic landers so i can compare easily What i've paid and what i would have paid in case of the new fee scheme.

•••
Total sales or dollar volume?

In total sales a fair amount, in dollar volume much less.

Brad

•••
•••
what do mean by godaddy landing page

ns1/ns2 afternic
oder ns5/6

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back