IT.COM

Which is the best way to earn by holding a domain name?

NameSilo
Watch

ravidesai

Established Member
Impact
This year I entered seriously into Domaining. Invested some money [not big] into domains. Bought 50 domains from a promo which is costing me around $3 per domain, but this is for the first year only. Renewal costing will be around 10-12 USD next year. So, which one is the best way to earn at least $1 or $2 per month?

1. Redirect the Domain name to the Amazon Affiliates?

2. Park domain and earn revenue?

3. Build a small website with some affiliate links?

I have most of the names based on product names. e.g. headphones, Ghee, etc.
Needs serious suggestions. please share your experience. Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This depends on how much time you have available and what your skill sets are. For me personally, I would lean towards parking since I have found success in it. I would recommend you reading the most popular threads. Read as much as you can here to prevent wasting money.

•••
The best way is to hold it for ten years.

Domaining is investing and not a get rich quick scheme.

Last edited:
•••
I recently started doing #3...

•••
The best way is to hold it for ten years.

Domaining is investing and not a get rich quick scheme.
Over ten years, do you think the domain renewal costs will keep climbing? What about the number of extensions? And the addition of new punctuation possibilities? Will people really be eager to spend high amounts on a vintage domain, when the registrar presents those $1.99 first year specials for some alternative that would meet their needs.
You're certainly right that domain investing is not a get rich quick scheme. If anything, it's a great way to lose a lot of money unless you really know what you're doing. Also, it probably really helps if you have the insider connections to make the sales happen.

Last edited:
•••
Reading is the key in any field, I started reading many articles and experts' opinions about domaining. I learned many things from it.

Holding is the Key to Success either in domaining or in the stock market.

•••
I just wanted to earn that much money which is sufficient to renew that particular domain name. So I need not drop some domains due to higher renewal costs that I need to pay from my pocket.

•••
If you registered 50 brand new domains then parking or traffic redirection will be fruitless.

There is likely little to no type in traffic or existing links so you will be lucky to make $0.01 from each domain.

The only way to really monetize new domains is to build a useful website that people want to use, visit and share. This will build backlinks and traffic. It would be better to create a single website on your best domain and work daily on that, than to build 50 useless websites and manage them all.

Last edited:
•••
If you registered 50 brand new domains then parking or traffic redirection will be fruitless.

There is likely little to no type in traffic or existing links so you will be lucky to make $0.01 from each domain.

The only way to really monetize new domains is to build a useful website that people want to use, visit and share. This will build backlinks and traffic. It would be better to create a single website on your best domain and work daily on that, than to build 50 useless websites and manage them all.
Looks better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back