IT.COM

question Which For Sale Page? Dan : Afternic : Sedo

NameSilo
Watch

MauiMike

Impact
Happy Holidays Everyone! I just listed my domains on Dan, Afternic, and Sedo. I am looking for feedback on what you would suggest when it comes to using For Sale pages. I am thinking of using Dan, but before making the decision, would like to hear what you might think. Mahalo for any feedback!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use DAN landers for all my domains - except the ones listed on BrandBucket - because there's Google Analytics integration (not possible with Afternic or Sedo landers).

Last edited:
•••
•••
Although mergers and buyouts are dwindling our choices, of the three you list, Dan is the one I prefer. There is more than one reason, but the response time and quality has been superior in my experience.

Last edited:
•••
@James Iles Indeed. Just divide your portfolio into 3 parts and spread equally between the platforms, to see which works the best. With Sedo tailing behind, you'll get mixed opinions on whether Dan or Afternic is better (there were quite a few threads about it already).

•••
@James Iles Indeed. Just divide your portfolio into 3 parts and spread equally between the platforms, to see which works the best. With Sedo tailing behind, you'll get mixed opinions on whether Dan or Afternic is better (there were quite a few threads about it already).

I think the best way of trying is to move your entire portfolio to one lander for a 4-6 months period. Then try the other one. I'm saying this because all domains are unique and you never know which one will sell and when the market is slow/fast.

Just take my recent example, October 2022 was a decent month in sales and then November 2022 was the second worst month of this year. And December so far is going towards marking the worst month of this year. It's really surprising and frustrating at times. So you can't just use one platform in a short period of time and that too by dividing the portfolio into 3 parts...

Before I started Afternic landers, I made up my mind to give them a try for at least 6 months with a full portfolio and then decide whether to continue or not. After that, I've never looked back. The overall results are very good and I'm happy using Afternic landers.

•••
I use DAN landers for all my domains - except the ones listed on BrandBucket - because there's Google Analytics integration (not possible with Afternic or Sedo landers).

Mahalo for your great input. If you ever make it out here to Maui, make sure to let me know before your trip and I will set you up! Have A Great Holiday, Maui Mike

•••
I think the best way of trying is to move your entire portfolio to one lander for a 4-6 months period. Then try the other one. I'm saying this because all domains are unique and you never know which one will sell and when the market is slow/fast.

Just take my recent example, October 2022 was a decent month in sales and then November 2022 was the second worst month of this year. And December so far is going towards marking the worst month of this year. It's really surprising and frustrating at times. So you can't just use one platform in a short period of time and that too by dividing the portfolio into 3 parts...

Before I started Afternic landers, I made up my mind to give them a try for at least 6 months with a full portfolio and then decide whether to continue or not. After that, I've never looked back. The overall results are very good and I'm happy using Afternic landers.
I totally agree with this, as well. Near the end of 2022 I moved ALL my domains to NS5/6 and plan to leave there for all 2023.

Now, I have a much smaller portfolio than you guys but I think you need to point all domains to one specific lander for at least one year.

If you split your portfolio between Dan and Afternic, it could just be sheer luck that you get a bunch of sales on 1 platform or the other....

•••
DAN for $2k and under. Afternic for $2k+, but varies and always a good option to change if not getting good results.

•••
Back