IT.COM

Which Dan lander setup is bringing you the most sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which Dan lander setup is bringing you the most sales?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Buy Now

votes
    25.7%
  • Buy Now + Make Offer

votes
    14.3%
  • Buy Now + Lease To Own

votes
    17.1%
  • Buy Now + Make Offer + Lease To Own

votes
    17.1%
  • Make Offer

votes
    8.6%
  • It doesn't matter! Please share your opinion...

votes
    17.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

justsand

Established Member
Impact
Hello all,

I am curious to know which Dan lander setup is bringing you the most sales?

Initially, Dan suggested BIN + LTO. Now with Dan 2.0, it added the 'Make Offer' option with BIN + LTO. Also, mentioned that "Set your Make an offer option, this is off by default as enabling this could influence your conversion rates".

Personally, I am using BIN+LTO for all my domains and not interested to add "Make Offer" with BIN or BIN+LTO, because of this sentence and it can decrease the conversion rate (personal opinion) as most buyers will choose it as they can buy the domain for less.

So, please share which of the mentioned setup is bringing you sales and if you want to share any experience or opinion, the reply section is yours :)

Thank you very much!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Great question. I'm curious as well.

•••
37.5% of sellers voted "Buy Now"... So, which setup is bringing you the most sales?

•••
Make offer works the best for me but I am after end user sales.

If a person is simply flipping at XXX to low XXXX bin probably is the best option.

If waiting for end user willing to pay your price I like make offer often adding a bin after first inquiries.

BIN before contact can be a hindrance depending on the name. If you have a name very similar to mine you can undercut my price if you know it. Also things can change very quickly and your name could be worth way more almost overnight (example Meta)

If I am likely dropping a name —just a low bin no offer.

Everyone has their own preferences and honestly it has more to do with the name than anything but I personally would never use BIN outright and BIN plus payments plus make offer. (I ditch the make offer)

It looks like you don’t know what you want to sell it for imo and they will lowball you because it looks weak which is what I think DAN means about not converting well.

Last edited:
•••
I still think it would help sales if Dan added a "Contact the Seller" button to the Buy Now page. Opening a dialogue between buyer and seller -- without having to display a Make an Offer option -- would absolutely increase sales in my opinion.

•••
I still think it would help sales if Dan added a "Contact the Seller" button to the Buy Now page. Opening a dialogue between buyer and seller -- without having to display a Make an Offer option -- would absolutely increase sales in my opinion.
Definitely! Having the "Contact Seller" or "Inquiry" option with BIN or BIN+LTO would be a conversion booster than "Make Offer". Even @DAN.COM also confirmed that this feature coming soon. I just wish they include it for all types of landers.

•••
Definitely! Having the "Contact Seller" or "Inquiry" option with BIN or BIN+LTO would be a conversion booster than "Make Offer". Even @DAN.COM also confirmed that this feature coming soon.
Did they? When/where did they say this? When I asked them to consider adding this feature they basically said "No" to the idea.

•••
•••
I had that on Efty and unfortunately you get nothing but spammers.

•••
I had that on Efty and unfortunately you get nothing but spammers.
I'll take my chances. I have closed many sales by having a successful "back and forth" with a buyer. Without a way for the buyer to contact me those sales never would have happened.

•••
•••
@justsand Actually, I'm not seeing mention of Dan adding a "Contact the Seller" option. Where do you see that?

•••
That's great news. I hope they release this feature soon.

We're introducing the Price Request feature this month.

•••
@justsand Actually, I'm not seeing mention of Dan adding a "Contact the Seller" option. Where do you see that?
I think they are not adding exactly "Contact Seller", but something similar. In the product update article, they mentioned "price request".

Attachments

• dan.png
    dan.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 72
•••
We're introducing the Price Request feature this month.
Thanks, but I was actually asking about a "Contact the Seller" option. That way we can display the Buy it Now price (so the buyer has an idea of the cost) and also allow the buyer to contact us if they wish to. Is that feature coming soon, or no?

•••
I think they are not adding exactly "Contact Seller", but something similar. In the product update article, they mentioned "price request".
Thanks, but that's not the same thing. A "Price Request" option would be used instead of displaying a "Buy it Now" price. I think it would be helpful to sales if we could show the buyer the price AND allow them to contact us, to open a dialogue.

•••
I just wish they add both contact seller (for BIN listings) and price request features.

•••
•••
By the way, which setup is working bringing you sales @Dane? Any good or bad experiences to share?

•••
It depends on the buyer, IMO.

I use BIN + Make Offer only, and I do outbound. Some prospects just hit the BIN, some are making offer on the landing page.

•••
By the way, which setup is working bringing you sales @Dane? Any good or bad experiences to share?
Truth is I'm experimenting with solutions that offer a "Contact the Seller" feature. If Dan would add this feature I'd be very happy indeed.

•••
It depends on the buyer, IMO.

I use BIN + Make Offer only, and I do outbound. Some prospects just hit the BIN, some are making offer on the landing page.
Thank you for your response. If you don't mind can we know how many BIN sales and offers did you received with the BIN + MO setup?

•••
I can't give you a number, but 80% of the sales are BIN.

•••
Thanks, but that's not the same thing. A "Price Request" option would be used instead of displaying a "Buy it Now" price. I think it would be helpful to sales if we could show the buyer the price AND allow them to contact us, to open a dialogue.

We had this functionality in 2014-2016 and it didn't increase sales at all but made sure sellers would get:

1: More spam
2: Less transactional conversion

We designed our purchase options with conversion in mind so you do not have to.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back