Dynadot

Which .blog name should I use?

NameSilo
Watch

What name should I use

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • huntfish.blog

votes
    21.4%
  • huntandfish.blog

votes
    21.4%
  • huntingandfishing.blog

votes
    64.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I want to start a hunting and fishing blog. I don't plan on monetizing for now, but the plan would be to maybe tie in Share a sale or Amazon Affiliates after I have a decent site going.

Anyway, I own the mentioned domains and am curious which name you guys think I should use.. I like the idea of a shorter name for seo and url purposes but I'm not sure..

Any thoughts??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
huntingandfishingblog.top
+
huntingandfishing.blog

Last edited:
•••
huntingandfishingblog.com

Hmmm.... I just registered that one, thank you. Now I'm really not sure what to do lol

•••
Hmmm.... I just registered that one, thank you. Now I'm really not sure what to do lol
I knowww what to do, register huntingandfishingblog.top before it's too late because someone or I* will register it. Take the chance to get it for registration fee (!) - otherwise you will have to payyy wayyy more for it.

BTWWW I hope you expect such replys when posting such questions.

*If it will be available, I will register it 30 minutes after I posted this message.

Last edited:
•••
It's all yours lol

I knowww what to do, register huntingandfishingblog.top before it's too late because someone or I* will register it. Take the chance to get it for registration fee (!) - otherwise you will have to payyy wayyy more for it.

*If it will be available, I will register it 30 minutes after I posted this message.

•••
•••
And forward HuntingAndFishing.Blog to the .com.

Job done.

•••
•••
[B]@casey_714[/B]

And the top - advice is, that you shouldn't let .com - domainers influence you - here is the masterplan, from a .top - domainer, exclusively worked out for you:

1.)
Buyyy the domain

for development.

2.)
Forwarddd the domains
huntingandfishing.blog
and
to it.

3.)
Enjoyyy because nowww you have secured yourself the www's huntingandfishingblog top - status / website / blog.

That's it.

Last edited:
•••
[B]@casey_714[/B]

And the top - advice is, that you shouldn't let .com - domainers influence you - here is the masterplan, from a .top - domainer, exclusively worked out for you:

1.)
Buyyy the domain

for development.

2.)
Forwarddd the domains
huntingandfishing.blog
and
to it.

3.)
Enjoyyy because nowww you have secured yourself the www's huntingandfishingblog top - status / website / blog.

That's it.

I buy lots of .ca's so you cannot classify us all as .com - domainers but I can tell you with certainty that you are giving very poor advice.

A long .top like you just registered is a crazy waste of money, your chances of a sale are almost nil.

•••
I buy lots of .ca's so you cannot classify us all as .com - domainers but I can tell you with certainty that you are giving very poor advice.

A long .top like you just registered is a crazy waste of money, your chances of a sale are almost Nil.
What I was saying (writing), was, that he "...shouldn't let .com - domainers influence…" him.

It's not my fault that you think that this mean, that I classify you all as .com - domainers.
I know, that you are fighting for .ca but you also agreed to the .com - suggestion in this thread - maybe that's the reason why you felt addressed.

I can tell you further, with certaintyyy that you are giving a very poor suggestion by saying (writing) that he should take huntingandfishingblog.com as the best advice (???).
It seems that you don't knowww that the .top - TLD should always be the top - choice when it comes to such questions.

Another "exposing" point is your weak arguing regarding the length (number of characters) of my registered .top domain - it has exact the same length (number of characters) like the .com - domain by the wayyy
21 characters + 3 letter - word - TLD

21 characters + 3 letter - abbreviation - TLD

So what remains, is just what I am trying to convey since this thread has started:

huntingandfishingblog.top is the world's #1 / top "hunting and fishing blog" - domain.

So the registration of this "long" .top - domain was a genius investment, the chances of a sale are almost all. And for the future buyer of it, the purchase of it will be a genius use of moneyyy

Last edited:
•••
What I was saying (writing), was, that he "...shouldn't let .com - domainers influence…" him.

It's not my fault that you think that this mean, that I classify you all as .com - domainers.
I know, that you are fighting for .ca but you also agreed to the .com - suggestion in this thread - maybe that's the reason why you felt addressed.

I can tell you further, with certaintyyy that you are giving a very poor suggestion by saying (writing) that he should take huntingandfishingblog.com as the best advice (???).
It seems that you don't knowww that the .top - TLD should always be the top - choice when it comes to such questions.

Another "exposing" point is your weak arguing regarding the length (number of characters) of my registered .top domain - it has exact the same length (number of characters) like the .com - domain by the wayyy
21 characters + 3 letter - word - TLD

21 characters + 3 letter - abbreviation - TLD

So what remains, is just what I am trying to convey since this thread has started:

huntingandfishingblog.top is the world's #1 / top "hunting and fishing blog" - domain.

So the registration of this "long" .top - domain was a genius investment, the chances of a sale are almost all. And for the future buyer of it, the purchase of it will be a genius use of moneyyy

To learn the truth in life one should follow the facts.

.com is King of sales period.

Proper advice to all beginners is to stick with what sells first and get your feet wet there before moving on to other extensions.

True I sell more .ca's but I am highly specialized and entrenched in my industry. A beginner does not have that luxury and Kate gave the best advice. I stand fully behind my comment. :xf.smile:

•••
Thank you for your input. I was hoping one of the shorter .blog domain names would win, just to keep character length down on all of my pages, but it appears the longer .com seems to be the best way to go.

To learn the truth in life one should follow the facts.

Proper advice to all beginners is to stick with what sells first and get your feet wet there before moving on to other extensions.

True I sell more .ca's but I am highly specialized and entrenched in my industry. A beginner does not have that luxury and Kate gave the best advice. I stand fully behind my comment. :xf.smile:

•••
Domain Illuminati, I appreciate your input as well!

•••
To learn the truth in life one should follow the Facts.

To learn the truth in life, one should followww the facts and focus the top.

One fact is, that .top is above every other TLD, period.
Another fact is, that .com can never reach the top.
This is why the .top - version of a domain is always the solution.

Proper advice to all beginners (and also all others) is to start directlyyy with the highest TLD to not get your feet wet with other extensions and to avoid moving on to other extensions (except exceptiosn).

True is that I knowww that because I am highest specialized and deepest entrenched in my industry.
A beginner can have that luxury too and Kate / you / others gave not the best advice.

I stand fullyyy on top of my comment.

Last edited:
•••
Domain Illuminati, I appreciate your input as well!
Well, and I appreciate it (already in advance) that you will purchase the domain
from me at some point in the future.

;)

Last edited:
•••
I wonder. It's a blog and the name is a little more malleable than for a big company site. And I'm seeing a few commercial sites which use the .com to redirect to the .whatever:
FlyLady.com sends you to her original domain, FlyLady.net;
and DeafVacations.com decided to let that one redirect to Deaf.Vacations.

•••
Well, and I appreciate it (already in advance) that you will purchase the domain
from me in future.

I'm outa here...

Mr Illuminati complains and gets my posts deleted and totally swamps out the topic.

It's like trying to argue with a brick wall.

Hopefully the OP sees the futility of this topic and takes it at face value. Seek advice from members that will give you an unbiased view. Some of us truly have your best interest at heart instead of trying to hook you into an obscure extension.

Other fact that @DOMAIN ILLUMINATI purchased a domain, that was obviously your idea, and then looks to sell it to you in the future kinda goes against my code as a domainer. I converse with members via pm all the time and they toss many ideas at me. What kind of a guy would I be if I registered the names after a member confided in me? What kind of a guy would I be if I then decided to sell it to the member who's idea it was?

@casey_714

I don't know you but there are a number of people in this topic who gave you good advice and another member who is trying to profit from your idea. You guess as to who you should be listening to.

That is all folks!!

•••
I'm outa here...

Mr Illuminati complains and gets my posts deleted and totally swamps out the topic.

Hopefully the OP sees the futility of this topic and takes it at face value. Seek advice from members that will give you an unbiased view. Some of us truly have your best interest at heart instead of trying to hook you into an obscure extension.

Other fact that @DOMAIN ILLUMINATI purchased a domain, that was obviously your idea, and then looks to sell it to you in the future kinda goes against my code as a domainer. I converse with members via pm all the time and they toss many ideas at me. What kind of a guy would I be if I registered the names after a member confided in me? What kind of a guy would I be if I then decided to sell it to the member who's idea it was?

@casey_714

I don't know you but there are a number of people in this topic who gave you good advice and another member who is trying to profit from your idea. You guess as to who you should be listening to.

That is all folks!!

Surely you have realized by now that he has no idea what he is talking about. I can only guess that his nonsense posts are tolerated for indexing or whatever purposes.

•••
I'm outa here...

@casey_714

That is all folks!!
Mr. Maple, you are wwwelcome to stayyy

I complain onlyyy if there is a reason and only posts which give an obvious reason for deletion will indeed get deleted (for example, calling someone "crazy" is not the best idea if your dont want your comment get deleted) by the moderation.

You totallyyy swamp out the topic if you focus on me instead of the topic.

Arguing with me is not like arguing with a brick wall - it's arguing with the DOMAIN ILLUMINATI.

Hopefullyyy the OP sees the meaningfulness of this topic and takes it at face value.
Seek advice from members that will give you an unbiased viewww
From me for exampleee
I truly had / still have your best interest at heart instead of trying to hook you into an extension which is not .top.

Regarding the fact that I registered a domain name, that was obviouslyyy the OP's idea - but in combination with a TLD that was obviouslyyy myyy idea, I remind you that I even "warned" him 30 minutes (!)* before I registered it, that I will register it - it's all logged in this thread.

*I don't think that there are many others who will be so friendly.

So it's absolutelyyy ridiculess that you are trying nowww to bring me into a shadyyy light, to present me as someone who has no domaining - moralityyy
Believe me, with such a behaviour you are just presenting yourself as someone who has not understood what happened.

I am not looking to sell it to him in the future, I am convinced that he will contact me to buy it from me in the future - that's a difference.
And of course this all goes 100 % along with myyy code as domainer.

When I converse with members via DM (direct messsage) and they toss many ideas at me, I am just wondering and believe me, most would wonder tooo
I am just a smart domainer who is registering domains that I think they will sell or that make sense in another wayyy
I don't force anyone to tell me their ideas or to publish them in an open forum.
If you want to make business, you always have to knowww what you want to tell others and what not.

But if someone obviously "provokes" it to register a certain domain which is complete or partlyyy (should mean, maybe he thinks about it in another TLD) in his mind, then I have still the best conscience when I register it - especiallyyy if I "warned" him that I will going to register it / gave him enough time to register it - and even more especiallyyy if he replied with a "it's all your's".

What kind of a sillyyy domainer would I be if I then decide to not sell it to the person who will realize in future that he actuallyyy likes it???

Come on!!!

Last edited:
•••
Surely you have realized by now that he has no idea what he is talking about. I can only guess that his nonsense posts are tolerated for indexing or whatever purposes.
Surelyyy I have long realized that you have no idea what you are talking about.
I can only guess that your nonsense posts are tolerated for getting a replyyy by me or for other meaningfull reasons.

But also here, I still have hope that you will focus on this thread's topic instead fof ocussing on me.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @casey_714, I'm new to this whole domaining thing and so I don't have as much of a disregard for descriptive nTLDs like .blog that the more seasoned players do, and so I like the idea of you having a .blog, for your blog. However in saying that, I can see the benefit of having the .com also and so if you don't mind and can fork out for them, then I would say do it.

•••
Who would have known this thread would end up getting so interesting!Thanks for all the input, guys.

Domain Illuminati, you obviously have a bunch of .top domains and want them to catch on. But as a rookie you've done more harm than good on my view of .top domains. That being said I appreciate the fact that you gave me a chance to reg it before you did.

Huntingandfishing.blog would have been the decided winner here, but now I need to finalize my decision between huntingandfishing.blog and huntingandfishingblog.com. I like the idea of having the .com because it will always be king, just wish it wasn't so long..

•••
Who would have known this thread would end up getting so interesting!Thanks for all the input, guys.

Domain Illuminati, you obviously have a bunch of .top domains and want them to catch on. But as a rookie you've done more harm than good on my view of .top domains. That being said I appreciate the fact that you gave me a chance to reg it before you did.

Huntingandfishing.blog would have been the decided winner here, but now I need to finalize my decision between huntingandfishing.blog and huntingandfishingblog.com. I like the idea of having the .com because it will always be king, just wish it wasn't so long..

HeHe

Too bad one cannot see all the deleted posts, a certain somebody went crazy on the report button and in my opinion they deleted the wrong members posts. :xf.grin:

That said.....

I have a business that has a 22 letters and it is 3 words. I also own the acronym of 3 letters and I seldom ever use the short version because the long version says exactly what the business is. If I put it on the car bumper everyone knows exactly what we do. Same goes for radio or a lawn sign.

So.....

HuntingAndFishingBlog.com

No matter where you advertise, you need to say no more than that because it says exactly who you are.

Don't be afraid to go with it and remember if you ever decide to use another address there is always domain forwarding.

Good luck (y)

•••
Back