IT.COM

question Wheree didd thiss doublee letterr trendd beginn?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peak.Domains

Top Member
Impact
I'm guessing maybe one company years ago paid end-user price for one of them, and people have been chasing the dragon? Do these ever sell? They seem so off to me, but I get offered them constantly.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
upload_2017-10-12_7-56-2.jpeg

LABATT

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

Not really what I'm talking about since "Nishe" isn't a word I've ever heard before. I'm referring to taking an existing word and adding an extra letter, not words that just have the same letter twice in a row. Any other examples in your mailbox? ;) ;) ;)

Del? McAfe? I'm not sure if you're on the right page here, I think you may have missed the point.

Last edited:
•••
The sedo sale of Smiile.com last year for $18k brought some attention to this trend.

Not sure if this relates to that sale or others, but brandable marketplaces started accepting these type of domains in bulk (mostly coupon hand regs) which resulted in these domains being pushed by resellers all over NamePros...

Exactly what I was looking for, cheers, that's kinda what I figured.

•••
Not really what I'm talking about since "Nishe" isn't a word I've ever heard before. I'm referring to taking an existing word and adding an extra letter, not words that just have the same letter twice in a row. Any other examples in your mailbox? ;) ;) ;)

Del? McAfe? I'm not sure if you're on the right page here, I think you may have missed the point.
Oh, I see now you mean dictionary words with double letter and I brandables :xf.grin:

•••
Exactly what I was looking for, cheers, that's kinda what I figured.

Not all of these are coupon hand regs. And given they are typos, they cost a fraction of the non typo. I think marketplaces publish these to give their buyers more options, and possibly for typo traffic. Not sure if (on a whole) the average made up bendable gets more traffic than these typos...

From a branding perspective (of a lending company) tasked with generating. customer awareness, what gets the job done with less money: Kabbage.com or Lendingg / com?

Kabbage is an existing company in the space, and being a domainer, the brand wasn't easy to remember. Though without seeing the commercial I wouldn't know what business or service they were.

Whereas some like Lendingg (bb published) one can make a logical assumption that this brand deals with lending of some sort. I wonder what issues this would cause for the owner or operator of Lending.com, though if the double g version become popular, the correct spelling would be the beneficiary of traffic loss. Hence the argument to brand on the actual name vs these double letters if you can afford it.

•••
Let's not forget about humann.com, which was sold at 40k at uniregistry...there was an entire article with the buyers talking about how they decided to buy

•••
I think some brandables with double letters are very good but the majority aren't, at least to my taste.

I only have one which I have bought for a project of mine. Foreignerr .com...and I think it is cool..obviously.

•••
Double letters do work if you get the right ones. Tech companies love them since they are unique and easy to say. Our name is Blastt with two T's, Rackk with two K's etc... New companies tend to follow trends within their space. Someone might think Rrack with two R's makes sense but if it hasn't been popular already than that naming style won't catch on as quickly. Doubling up the last letter is in my opinion the top double letter name to have. Doubling up random letters in the middle creates to many variations for the customer to have to remember. Was it Rack with two A's or two C's or two R's? It's easy to remember when the last two letters are doubled up. Smiile I think was an exception to the rule since the two i's can create a cool smile in the logo and also that the i's are exactly in the center of the word. If it was a longer word and the i's were offset to one side or the other then the name wouldn't be as good.

•••
It's creativityyy
And it can turn into moneyyy

Double letter = People "will look twice" = Double remembering ("branding").

But I went even more creative by creating a
.top domain which includes a 'top' with 61 p's ("top" + 60 p's, more are not possible)!

So why just adding a second letter (if there are way more possible in a domain name)?

+++

Another example, Coca-Cola owns this one:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.com
Source:
https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?n...hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.com

+++

I know, these are not "double letter" - domain - examples - but their "core" is the same (adding a letter or a few more).
It's hard to denie that domains which are 'designed' in such an unusual (but logical) way (no matter if double letter or more), are generating attention - eventually even more than their normal "pendant", especially if they make sense.

Last edited:
•••
They stiill beelong inn thhe tooilet

•••
Kabbage is an existing company in the space, and being a domainer, the brand wasn't was easy to remember. Though without seeing the commercial I wouldn't know what business or service they were.

EDIT

Kabbage was easy for me to remember. I originally wrote wasn't (Just wanted to fix the mistake by posting this since it's past the edit limit)

•••
Everyone to his choice, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
Some double endings completely change the meaning and how:

Pimple.com (means a .com for PIMPLE)
Pimplee.com (means a .com for Pimp Lee) - Still available to register

:)

Edit:
Just after typing this, I thought to check if any such Pimp Lee could exist. Seems like there is one: https://www.instagram.com/_vintagelee/

Last edited:
•••
just like;

Mortgage
Escape

and

Mortgagee
Escapee

2 different meanings

•••
LETHALL.COM

Perfect for a Guns Company, War Games, Fights Game, Hunting Brand etc.

•••
LETHALL.COM

Perfect for a Guns Company, War Games, Fights Game, Hunting Brand etc.

Those type of companies won't use a double letter and if they did it would look foolish. It takes a specific type of company that can get away with double letters and the majority are tech startups.

•••
I have picked up a few in recent months. All short, single words ending in "ll". Like littll.com I think it's a excellent branding opportunity for anything kid-related. Can already see the logo with the ll's being little legs with an untied shoe.

•••
I have picked up a few in recent months. All short, single words ending in "ll". Like littll.com I think it's a excellent branding opportunity for anything kid-related. Can already see the logo with the ll's being little legs with an untied shoe.
The problem is it has the L repeating twice, once in the beginning and once at the end. The best ones to have only have the repeating letter once in the name so they know when you say it's Rackk with two K's you know exactly what the person means. When you tell someone it's Littll with two L's they wonder if it's in the beginning or end of the name. Also having two T's and two L's at the end of the word throws off the look of the name. At quick glance it almost looks like 4 lowercase L's next to each other since all the stems of the letters look so similar.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back