Dynadot

question Wheree didd thiss doublee letterr trendd beginn?

NameSilo
Watch

Peak.Domains

Top Member
Impact
I'm guessing maybe one company years ago paid end-user price for one of them, and people have been chasing the dragon? Do these ever sell? They seem so off to me, but I get offered them constantly.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I'm guessing maybe one company years ago paid end-user price for one of them, and people have been chasing the dragon? Do these ever sell? They seem so off to me, but I get offered them constantly.
MK, sold through BB probably 20-30 if not more, also some Brandroot users users sold some, I know at least a few sold through their marketplace, also @Keith DeBoer also sold a few of them, I've sold through afternic 3 and 2 more through direct contact through email and if you check the reported sales thread you will find even more of them. I know that 20% of BB sales at one point were double letter words or one letter missing, so a pretty high percentage from the sales. It's always hard to understand some brandables, but that doesn't mean that they are less valuable, for the one's who buy them they are more valuable then anything else at that price.

Last edited:
•••
No different than someone registering common misspellings of their domain- traffic from the correctly spelled keyword.

•••
Want a typo wait for the dot comm extension then.

Last edited:
•••
No different than someone registering common misspellings of their domain- traffic from the correctly spelled keyword.
I don't think that somebody will pay 2-3k for a misspelled domain..they are bought because they look and sound the same as a known word and it's easier to build a new brand with them than with something invented.

•••
I tend to stick with the correct pronounceable duplicates. ooggy for an example, rather than a random repeating letterr. Not sold one of these yet but have a handful of them.

•••
The point being misspellings are picked up like the original word in searches somewhat phonetically. You might not like it buts a legitimate alternative to the proper keyword spelling being out of your price range or not for sale.

I have some creative spellings only one double letter one.

•••
I have sold few for $1k each

•••
i prefer words that end with double letters unless it's an obvious gem then i may consider investing in double internal letters.

sites have been using them for years (Digg.com, Fiverr.com, etc)

i have sold a few and have a few reserved for development/sale

Last edited:
•••
I only like one double spelling domain name. And it is available. The name is: misttake.com .Makes a complete sense.
misttake.com

•••
Been seeing last letter doubled for awhile now

sites have been using them for years (Digg.com, Fiverr.com, etc)
Great examples of some heavily traffic sites...
"If you are going to be a copycat..make sure to copy the right cat"!

Kinda of related..been known to replace the "s" in plural keywords with a "z". no big sales but there has been sales.

•••
Thanks for the info guys! Any examples of the ones which have sold for 1k+ so often?

•••
Thanks for the info guys! Any examples of the ones which have sold for 1k+ so often?
Open a sales flyer in your postbox. You will find a lot of brands in there.

•••
Began with the Egyptians....
They used double eyes a lot.

•••
Open a sales flyer in your postbox. You will find a lot of brands in there.

Oddly enough I don't get a lot of mail from useddcars.com.

Do you know any examples of thesse ddouble letteer dommains sselling for big buckss? Apparantlyy it happenss all the timee.

•••
•••
Wheree didd thiss doublee letterr trendd beginn?

Because

Where.com did.com this.com double.com letter.com trend.com begin.com

Was taken

LOLL

•••
Thank you @urlurl

Interesting to see there's demand for these even thought I personally think they're pretty meh, good lesson to always think outside of our own bubbles, my preferences aren't everyone else's and at the end of the day it's what sells that matters.

•••
Thank you @urlurl

Interesting to see there's demand for these even thought I personally think they're pretty meh, good lesson to always think outside of our own bubbles, my preferences aren't everyone else's and at the end of the day it's what sells that matters.

i 100% agree, everyone has their own tastes... which is good or we would be all chasing down the same names.

Personally, i keep my portfolio mixed and diversified with 5% or less of any one niche or type of name.

•••
I agree with many of the points but one in particular is that everyone does have their own taste and when you ask someone why they bought a specific domain they are able to back it up with their own logic.

When it comes to misspells some domain owners do want to stop the leaking of potential traffic by simply forwarding the misspells to their correct spelled domain. But sometimes people simply make mistakes. I know I have bought some names thinking i got a bargain only to get too excited buy it quickly and realizing too late it was off by one letter.

Before you pres that buy button and complete the purchase you must quadruple check the spelling of the word. This will save you a ton of wasted money and time.

- Will

•••
Oddly enough I don't get a lot of mail from useddcars.com.

Do you know any examples of thesse ddouble letteer dommains sselling for big buckss? Apparantlyy it happenss all the timee.
I didn't mean the e-mail box, but literallly the post box and the grocery advertising flyers or tech flyers, etc.:xf.smile:
Companies actually brand their products with such names.:xf.wink:

•••
I didn't mean the e-mail box, but literallly the post box and the grocery advertising flyers or tech flyers, etc.:xf.smile:
Companies actually brand their products with such names.:xf.wink:

Would you care to share some examples with us?

•••
The sedo sale of Smiile.com last year for $18k brought some attention to this trend.

Not sure if this relates to that sale or others, but brandable marketplaces started accepting these type of domains in bulk (mostly coupon hand regs) which resulted in these domains being pushed by resellers all over NamePros. Prior to that smiile sale, marketplaces like bb published domains such as C.a.t.c.h.y.y.com, which to me raised an eyebrow, because catchy.com operates in the same space, and as such any 'yy' typo of catchy.com, will result in lost traffic to bb, a competing company.

•••
Would you care to share some examples with us?
upload_2017-10-12_7-9-7.jpeg

NISSHE

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back