IT.COM

question Where to park

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
No marketplace seems to have a good landing page.

Sedo: annoying cookie warning, people can't even see it is a domain sale page.

Dan: Great landing page, but you need to wait 30 seconds. I can wait, but endusers wouldn't.
Lots of fake sales (buyer not paying) recently. Reason (probably): there is a green "OK" icon, and
buyers are not told what it means. Dan is great for domain investors who want to bid on
hundreds of domains everyday: they can accept-reject without opening negotiation window.
But sellers want to sell to endusers who are not familiar with Dan.

Afternic: High commission (not a big problem if it sells), and it works without landing as well,
so why park. Afternic is for domainers, and something which connects Godaddy agents to domainers.
Endusers wouldn't go to Afternic to buy domains.

If the buyer is a domainer, all work well. Usually it is not. A professional looking,
fast loading, simple (but not too simple) landing page needed.

SUGGESTION TO REGISTRARS WITH THEIR OWN MARKETPLACE:
Show search results as landing page (allow selers to choose it as landing page).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No marketplace seems to have a good landing page.
Hi

since, those places are producing sales,
then their landers must be good enough to move inventory.

then again,
it's not the lander that the buyer is interested in.... it's the domain that points to it.

imo...

•••
it's not the lander that the buyer is interested in.... it's the domain that points to it.
A good landing page can make the sale happen, and can help you have High-Conversion.

•••
Dan: Great landing page, but you need to wait 30 seconds. I can wait, but endusers wouldn't.
I don't see that much delay with Dan. Do you get that consistently?

I just tried clearing recent cache so no saved content, and typed a number of my Dan lander names into URL of a Chrome Mac Browser on a 10 year old Mac. The Dan lander consistently appeared in 2-3 seconds. I mainly use default style lander. Is it possible the ones with image uploads are slower?

Another lander option would be Alter. Commission (10%) only slightly more than Dan. You can edit a default text-only logo free (colour, font). Can set BIN, offer or payment plans if you like. More text on lander than some like, and most suited to brandable type names. For me their load time is marginally faster than Dan, but not much different.

Another option is to consider is a registrar lander, a service like Efty, or to web host your own landers.

I would like Sedo landers much more if they got the cookie box under control. Agree with you there. I still use them for some of my domain names. Like that they give lots of choice in the look and information that you like.

Hope you find what you re looking for.

Bob

PS I did a visual look at some of the main lander choices a bit ago:
https://www.namepros.com/blog/a-visual-look-at-domain-name-lander-options.1237207/

Last edited:
•••
Yes Dan landing page is very slow for me recently consistently. My ISP might have problem with some sites, or programs needed to access such sites, or Dan may have a problem with my ISP. If it is slow only for me, not a big problem. Dan homepage is very fast.

•••
Probably, source of the problem is Google (analytics?). Before domain resolves, browser tries to communicate with Google (bottom left corner of browser says so). Remove analytics, or scripts of external services, then problem will be solved (guessing). Question: can we do it, ..if not Dan should (allow us to) do it.

Why not park at Sedo instead: landing page is almost completely covered with logo and cookie warning,
and they block/remove some domains (mostly generic ones) without a legitimate excuse (third party rights nonsense), and they never correct their mistakes.
They give our data to fake buyers.
Stll using Sedo, because Dan is very bad also, because of this recent nonresolving issue. 2 months ago it was great.

Last edited:
•••
You can use NameContainer to make your own landing page.

It allows customers to purchase domain names through PayPal, Escrow. In addition, multiple domain name platforms (Such as After,SEDO,DAN,Epik...) can be set up for each domain name. Customers can choose the appropriate platform for guaranteed purchases. A full range of domain name transaction methods can help you better selling domain names to customers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About NameContainer Domain Parking Script

With this script, you can manage the landing pages of all your domain names as you like, Such as:
1. Some domains can make offer, and some not
2. Some domain's landing page is coming soon ( For trademark related domains, this will be very useful )
3. Redirect some domains to the buy now page of Godaddy, Sedo, Dan, Namecheap...
4. Some domains Implicit Forward to other website
You can design some templates by yourself to implement some other functions you need.

Some Features
Excel Import/Export Domains, Online Update Domains
Buy via Paypal, Buy/MakeOffer via Escrow
Unlimited Domains / BIN Platforms / Landing Page Template
Multiple BIN Platforms for each domain
Landing Page Template setting for each domain
Buy via Paypal, Buy/MakeOffer via Escrow
Notification(Offer received) Email to customer and you

Click the below link to get more information:
http://www.namecontainer.com/parking-manual/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NameContainer Website: http://www.namecontainer.com/

Last edited:
•••
Back