Dynadot

information Where do you create Logos, Images for your names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Andreas B.

Top Member
Impact
Hi There,

so, as far as I know there are dozens of (more or less) free Logo creators out there.

I used to use freelogodesign.com / logo.com, but then switched to making it by my own (via paint.NET or paint 3D).

How do you like my work?

logo 4.png

However, very often there is no time or no big drive in creating a logo (for each name), so a logo creator is quite useful.

To date I have not published any names over at brandbucket, brandpanda or squadhelp; so, don't know how it works out there

(do you get any design choices presented, and you have to choose one from them?)

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SH, BB, and BP all create complimentary logos for premium domains listed on their platforms.

A bit more info on how it currently works at SH:
  • No, you won't be presented with choices. A designer will come up with a logo based on your guidance or their own interpretation... You can ask that designer to make some adjustments to the logo, but there's a limited window for such requests.
  • For a $5 or $10 fee, you can order a fresh logo for your premium domain at any time.
  • I believe you can order logos for your standard listings, but I think these will only be visible in your White Label Marketplace. Not sure what the applicable fee is though.
  • You can upload your own logo for your premium or standard listing. The logo has to fit SH’s dimensions and format. If it’s for a premium domain, you’ll have to get SH’s authorization first. And, if the domain sells, the logo will be transferred to the buyer at no cost to them.
  • Every year, SH offers set numbers of free logo redesigns to sellers in their silver, gold, and platinum tiers.
  • If receiving an array of logo options is super important, you can also choose to run a logo design contest on SH. This is obviously not a practical option for an entire portfolio, but it could be something to consider for one (necessarily high-value) name.

For self-generated promo visuals etc., Canva and a host of other free tools work well for me.
I know shopify has a system that makes pretty nice logos for free.

I’ve been a little out of touch what do those three sets of initials mean? Which sites are they?

Is there a list of free local maker sites somewhere? Thx.

•••
Two FREE tools I use:

I typically start by trying to creating draft using namecheap free logo app formerly known as GetStencil App. other times I might use PIXLr.com

Process tips-Since I am not a creative expert-Starting with Draft concepts:
# What I then often have used that for is a starting point top share on Digital Point or other contest sites.
I find doing this step first helps me and potential contest creatives get clarity on a basic concept and can save me a lot of time and money.
As my experiences over the past 20 years online there are some really super talented non English speaking designers. That do great work if you have a starting draft concept to go off of.

Last tip to share: Sometimes I actually will start by previewing current Logo or Graphic Contests.
This might inspire new ideas-while also helping me explain with examples of others work what I want.

•••
I know shopify has a system that makes pretty nice logos for free.

I’ve been a little out of touch what do those three sets of initials mean? Which sites are they?

Is there a list of free local maker sites somewhere? Thx.
Squad help, brand bucket and brandpa

•••
•••
1) Google / find logo close to my domain (with one word from domain name or so)
2) Paint to finish it (wrote my domain name, change size or format)

*NOTE: I'm just don't care about trademarks, as I'm not selling domains for 6 figures ... not ready to order a logo for $ 2k or so.

1668326761695.png
1668326858254.png
1668326929052.png

1668326952956.png

Attachments

• stocks.png
    stocks.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 24
  • geek-head-logo-vector-22425473.jpg
    geek-head-logo-vector-22425473.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
•••
I think there's that user, called @subjot, who always posts his names solely as images
(due to avoid Google indexation).

I never ever used logo maker till now;
you don't need it at afternic, Dan, sedo.

So why bother?
I do so on my Instagram.
I use the NameCheap logo maker here:

https://www.namecheap.com/logo-maker/

It is pretty basic but is very quick and easy and provides a good visualization to potential buyers.
Also good Adobe and Hatchful.

•••
Canva is my go-to for quick content (Images, GIFs, and sometimes video) creation and has been for a couple of years now. Its quite fantastic

•••
I use canva logos on my sites. I realised that a million people will have the same. I cant actually believe there are people who claim to be professional logo designers who use it (and you can tell a canva logo a mile off once you have used it for a while). I put on all my listings that logo is for illustration only. I dont sell it with the domain.
Once you have used Canva for a while you do start to learn the various elements and begin to spot other Canva logos out in the wild. My tip is to find other resources such as Icon packs and then upload them into Canva to decrease the chance of similar logos being created by others. Most want to do this additional step so it makes your creations less likely to be unknowingly replicated and harder for other Canva users to spot your Canva logo

•••
Once you have used Canva for a while you do start to learn the various elements and begin to spot other Canva logos out in the wild. My tip is to find other resources such as Icon packs and then upload them into Canva to decrease the chance of similar logos being created by others. Most want to do this additional step so it makes your creations less likely to be unknowingly replicated and harder for other Canva users to spot your Canva logo
I would love to actually provide logos with the domains, but feel they do not look professional enough (due to being designed in canva). Maybe I can get round that with the icon packs! Thanks.

•••
I would love to actually provide logos with the domains, but feel they do not look professional enough (due to being designed in canva). Maybe I can get round that with the icon packs! Thanks.
I agree. Please feel free to check out the logos on our site Namebroth.com, while you are correct, they are not professional logo quality, every logo was designed in Canva for free and in less than 30 seconds. In my opinion, it's totally worth the effort to help visualize the name and one of its prospective use cases to interested parties. I do however state that the logo is for example only and is not included in the sale of the domain (this is to avoid further complicating things)

•••
I agree. Please feel free to check out the logos on our site Namebroth.com, while you are correct, they are not professional logo quality, every logo was designed in Canva for free and in less than 30 seconds. In my opinion, it's totally worth the effort to help visualize the name and one of its prospective use cases to interested parties. I do however state that the logo is for example only and is not included in the sale of the domain (this is to avoid further complicating things)
yes that is EXACTLY what I have done on PrestoNames.com!

PS, I like your branding. Im still undecided about mine

Last edited:
•••
thx for great answers again.

will keep the sources in my backhead.

•••
•••
Back