NameSilo

When your brand is a misspell of a misspell things can get confusing

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News started by equity78, Jan 18, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. hookbox

hookbox Active Member VIP

When you have 60 million to spend you look for EVERY possible angle to make your business better. Having the correct spelling wasn't an issue until they had money to burn.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. MSN-Domains

MSN-Domains Established Member

Credit to the entrepreneurs and builders who are getting sh*t built. That is real capitalism & how the system is meant to work

My designer sent me a link to https://coolors.co/ the other day I was thinking hmmm "interesting"

"Domaining" trend of 2019 is registering misspelled domains and holding out your hand saying f*** you pay me for my misspelt name

3. MSN-Domains

450K+
    USERS on a Misspelt .co domain - Who said capitalism is dead?

4. MSN-Domains

So you judge companies, not on the product. But how aesthetically pleasing the name sounds?

Personally, I couldn't imagine anybody thinking "Oh they have a great domain" I must order/buy/use/trade from them again

5. MSN-Domains

Terrible idea posting this, as this will now create some bandwagon effect from $0.01 domainers

https://braiins.com/
    brain.jpg

Sticking the middle finger in the face of domain "evangelists"

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  6. Furquah

Furquah Skipper VIP

There are some sweet names out there, Like this one and one which I have myself,

Mike.png

7. MSN-Domains

Credit to mike, He is bat sh*t crazy - One thing is for sure he's great at what he does!

8. illumy

illumy Established Member

How much do you guys think it's worth for "lnsurances.com"? with first letter L instead of i

9. MSN-Domains

Don't like it. Innsurance.com is better - personally not a fan of this type of thing

10. illumy

illumy Established Member

Well not talking about which one is better, there's probably dozen insurance variations better than this but I'm asking specifically this one "lnsurances.com" first letter L instead of i. How much do you guys think it's worth?

11. Furquah

Furquah Skipper VIP

Make a post in the appraisal thread. You would get your answer.

12. handpicked

handpicked Established Member

I hold some of them too..

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  13. Nahdism

Nahdism Established Member

Do people actually buy them?

14. Zilla

Zilla GrabDot.com NameCatchy.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I think this is a strategy of branding...u need people understand what u are doing, also need differiciation urself with others...

for example, u are in big data business, then, officially, u better run your business on data.com or bigdata.com, but, wait, firstly, u may not afford for this two name, secondly, from a branding perspective, those two are too generic, not really fit a startup business, u basically loss ur uniqueness, so u may think use a another name , datta.com bigdatta.com, idata.com, or dataocean.com or rhinodata.com with those name, these bring more personanity to ur company while people still know u runing data business...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  15. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. Gold Account

🚩

A misspell of a misspell is actually a neutralized misspell and therefore no longer a misspelll

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: