Dynadot

When Testing New Landers Do You Point All Your Domains to them at Once?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wondering whether folks point all domains at once when testing new sales landers?

For example, lets say you have been pointing all your namservers to Afternic NS5/NS6 and maybe had 1 or 2 sales over 6 months, for example.

You've been hearing good things about DAN and want to try them out. Do you point all your domains nameservers to DAN at once and then give it another 6 months to see those results?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks @James Iles for tagging.

Coming to the topic of this post... I strongly suggest anyone to try one lander at a time for the entire portfolio and that too for at least 3-4 months time period. This will give clarity how that lander has worked out and you can decide your next step accordingly.

I never believe in split testing mainly because every domain is unique and you never know which domain is needed and bought by an enduser unless all your domains are using one particular lander for a reasonable period of time.
It's much better to make a split test but to be well tested you need at least 20 sales per test.
If you split between 3 systems, you have to wait for around 60 sales. For most of you it could take years to have a result which is way too long as game could change during a long period.

But i'm not sure if it's better to take the amount of money or the number of sales to know which system is the best...

Anyway, these days i sell much more (around 80/20) using afternic than landers whereas it was different in the past. Around 50/50

•••
It's much better to make a split test but to be well tested you need at least 20 sales per test.
If you split between 3 systems, you have to wait for around 60 sales. For most of you it could take years to have a result which is way too long as game could change during a long period.

But i'm not sure if it's better to take the amount of money or the number of sales to know which system is the best...

Anyway, these days i sell much more (around 80/20) using afternic than landers whereas it was different in the past. Around 50/50

Agreed -- split testing randomly assigned domains AFTER they have been BIN priced is the most scientific way to determine the "sales lift" of one channel over another. Larger portfolios over longer periods of time will get better scientific inferences than smaller portfolios over shorter periods of time.

•••
The quality of names being shown could discourage the buyer. It is best not to show the similar names you have. Unless you are trying to promote your own marketplace i would suggest your landing page be the same address. Seo will also be nothing but existing backlinks and direct type in if you redirect.

•••
Hi

the short answer, is no!

if...you've been getting 1-2 sales every 6 months, then that's 2-4 sales per year.

now,
depending on the domain, the prices they sell for and how many names in your portfolio...
then that could provide consistent percentages, to your str - not to mention your bank account.

so, from that perspective, it's a no, despite what others are saying.
you might want to test those that haven't had any inquiries which have been sitting there for a few years, but to just move with the crowd "like a lemming" isn't my style.

additionally to that viewpoint,
everybody doesn't have the same names, nor are they priced the same,
so the successful sales rates will always differ across various marketplaces.

imo...
I agree (y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back