IT.COM

strategy When / How To Outbound Domain Name To Big Company End User

NameSilo
Watch

Domaineer1

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I have the exact match domain for something that a big company is doing that will change the world. I have their exact match domain for what they will be doing. I think I can make a big profit, but I really don't want to screw this up. Anyone have any tips on outbounding a very valuable domain to a company? (They are going to want the domain, it's their exact match). Please take this seriously since I am actually serious about this; I'm not talking about skdhdvsjcbdbcbeb.trash or even 3/d/o/u/b/l/e/3.com or 2/f/o/u/r/1.com or N/e/w/H/a/m/p/s/h/i/r/e/B/r/o/k/e/r.com. This domain is even more valuable than those by miles. I believe what this company is doing will change the world. Please all tips are greatly appreciated and really welcomed! :)

P.S for anyone scheptical no it's not .org or .net or .biz it's .com . Yes it is a hand reg (someone had to be the first person in line to register x.com and google.com and duck.com right? This time it was me (y)). It also doesn't have numbers or hyphens or typos. It's also not trademarked (I am ahead of the game). Hopefully this will be my ticket away from struggling to sell domains (I started in early June 2018).

Thanks everyone!

Domaineer1
(y)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Man it's going to be big, I can't tell what it is though. I hope I am right..

•••
Man it's going to be big, I can't tell what it is though. I hope I am right..

I'll wish you good luck then. It would make for a great story afterwards.

•••
Let me guess your domain.... ASKT*****.com Wake me up when you make a sale.

That would explain things, another World changing Bitcoin market

Last edited:
•••
My suggestions:

i). wait for 6 months.
ii). read this thread after 6 months.
iii).if u r still this excited after 6 months about this domain, your domain is worthless.

Bcoz, if your domain is a gem, it would have sold in these 6 months.

Last edited:
•••
When / How To Outbound Domain Name To Big Company End User?

in your case, you shouldn't contact them at all

if the name is what you think it will be, and it ends up being that.... then best bet is to wait for them to contact you.

imo..

•••
In general these two statements are mutually incompatible:
  1. domain has no TM issues whatsoever
  2. domain was registered with only one specific end user in mind
:)

•••
In general these two statements are mutually incompatible:
  1. domain has no TM issues whatsoever
  2. domain was registered with only one specific end user in mind
:)
Lol it is possible;it's happened to me. I checked trademark247.com for my domain name and it's keywords annd there was nothing.

•••
When / How To Outbound Domain Name To Big Company End User?

in your case, you shouldn't contact them at all

if the name is what you think it will be, and it ends up being that.... then best bet is to wait for them to contact you.

imo..
Thanks, that what I think I'm going to do. If they want it they will find me, if not I can always sell in the after market ;)

•••
My suggestions:

i). wait for 6 months.
ii). read this thread after 6 months.
iii).if u r still this excited after 6 months about this domain, your domain is worthless.

Bcoz, if your domain is a gem, it would have sold in these 6 months.
I should be this excited about this domain even 12 months if it's as good as I think it is.

I do plan on following up after the product the domain is an EMD for has had a chance to prove if it will fail or suceed. If it suceeds then my domain will be valuable even if I sell it to a domainer. If it doesn't oh well, on to the next domain. I can't wait :)

•••
Just because you didn't find an exact match for a registered trademark, doesn't mean there are no TM issues.

•••
Just because you didn't find an exact match for a registered trademark, doesn't mean there are no TM issues.
I also checked the indivual pieces of the name. I did a through trademark check.

•••
Hello,

I have the exact match domain for something that a big company is doing that will change the world. I have their exact match domain for what they will be doing. I think I can make a big profit, but I really don't want to screw this up. Anyone have any tips on outbounding a very valuable domain to a company? (They are going to want the domain, it's their exact match). Please take this seriously since I am actually serious about this; I'm not talking about skdhdvsjcbdbcbeb.trash or even 3/d/o/u/b/l/e/3.com or 2/f/o/u/r/1.com or N/e/w/H/a/m/p/s/h/i/r/e/B/r/o/k/e/r.com. This domain is even more valuable than those by miles. I believe what this company is doing will change the world. Please all tips are greatly appreciated and really welcomed! :)

P.S for anyone scheptical no it's not .org or .net or .biz it's .com . Yes it is a hand reg (someone had to be the first person in line to register x.com and google.com and duck.com right? This time it was me (y)). It also doesn't have numbers or hyphens or typos. It's also not trademarked (I am ahead of the game). Hopefully this will be my ticket away from struggling to sell domains (I started in early June 2018).

Thanks everyone!

Domaineer1
(y)

Not to dampen your excitement but, if the the domain you regged recently is what is think it is, then it's not as valuable as you think for the following reasons:-
  • Since i believe the domain they want has been regged in .com since July 2017 and has been taken in 15+ extensions.These regs have their exact brand name followed by the relevant keyword.So i think they've got it covered.
  • Secondly your domain has their ticker symbol followed by the keyword which i believe removes a great deal of any intended value.The only way i see them being acquiring this domain is for trademark protection but definitely not at the price you're expecting right now.
  • Even if you had managed to get your hands on the right domain, the price you're expecting seems feasible only for the three letter dictionary word, which is their brand name.

Last edited:
•••
Be careful with Trademark assumptions. If they are using a relatively unique name then they are still protected by trademark laws even if they didn't officially register the trademark.

In fact theoretically trademark "registration" is meaningless. Companies are protected by trademark laws the moment they start using a name/term/brand/slogan/whatever. The only thing "official registration" does in theory is make their claim to the mark clearer and therefore easier/cheaper to defend in the long term. In some jurisdictions official registration also allows you a buffer time to still be protected before you start using the trademark in business (usually 2 years I think).

Without knowing the domain and the company in question it's impossible to say whether any of the above does or doesn't apply to you.

Good luck with it!

•••
Thanks everyone! I will be careful :)

•••
Hello,

Thanks everyone!

Domaineer1
(y)

Prepare a professional business proposal and mail it to their marketing department. Good luck.

•••
•••
Hey guys, I just read that they are currently buying up their domains. Do you think now is the time? The article is from May.
if no tm, then go ahead. opportunity knocks once.

•••
•••
•••
I would just have landing page and not contact them if it has merit they will find you. Want to get noticed buy a months traffic and sit above them in the search engines.

•••
What is the domain ?
I can't say yet;unleast untill I have some more funds.
I would just have landing page and not contact them if it has merit they will find you. Want to get noticed buy a months traffic and sit above them in the search engines.
Yeah I tried to use keywords and such in my listing for the domain. I plan on trying to rank in Google but I am working with very limited funds right now. More challenge makes the reward so much sweeter B). I think I'll attempt to liquidate my domains (easier said than done for me so far;I'm in the geo domains industry) Thanks guys :)

•••
iCloud was a branding term, it certainly wasn't generic , and it was hardly the descriptive/dictionary use for the word 'Cloud',
I've actually been in a similar position on a domain many, many years ago, .Mic****ft, yep the big boys just then went with a shorter acronym for their product, even though they had the net/org/info/biz and I the .com. Good names don't help when there is just one potential buyer, believe me
from experience this is so true

•••
Just found this thread. Any update?

•••
Would also like an update, @Domaineer1, what happened?

•••
waiting...

ANYONE care for popcorn?

•••
Back