IT.COM

When did you buy your first domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I bought my first domain in 2003, when I was 12 years old. It was a terrible name!

(TheNBABobcats.com)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
in 2000 - it was ezdesi.com and interestingly it is still registered today by someone else.

•••
It is almost 3 years back when I bought my first domain livelysayings dot com, made a site, butI didnt renewed the domain last year.

•••
I feel like I was 73/but I'm 29 now.... Within this year

•••
Live4Less.com back in 2001, I was doing a MLM portal; I let it drop later that year.
However that was the first domain I ever bought.

Looks like it has been registered since 2003.

•••
I bought my first one in December 1995. It was for my business. I registered my second in 2001, again for my business (another one). They were basic and just had company information, about the compant, a contact form, a couple of misc. pages but that was it.

I didn't start buying them to resell and/or develop till August 2013 but got heavy into it about a year ago exactly.

I have learned a lot about domains in the last year and a half. Hopefully the knowledge will continue to grow. ;)

•••
I purchased my first one on September 2014

•••
1999 - I tried making my own search engine with it

•••
i bought my first domain last year..
the funny thing is i never use coupon to register them.
so i'm loser ..
Haha

•••
•••
•••
Mine as on the 05-19-2014. (very accurate date, Lol)

•••
I think I bought my first domain around 2007-2008. But it wasn't for domaining. It was actually my Personal name. FirstNameLastName.com

Then I didn't renew it because I thought I wouldn't want it anymore. Long story short, I let it drop and someone picked it up. Then I wanted it again...lol

Luckily I put in a backorder for it and was able to get it on the drop.

-Omar

•••
•••
late 2003 and the name was HotWebSpot.com I was working on a social networking site but eventually thought the whole idea was stupid and would never catch on... and being a frugal college student at the time, months later I wanted my money back and that's how I stumbled on the domain industry.

•••
I bought my first domain in 2006 to build a website. But it was in my parents name. Later I dropped the domain as my plans didn't fall through and I found no point in paying for renewal. Today its in-progress news site owned by someone else.

The first domain I bought by myself was in 2008.

•••
March of 2014. It was actually a developed website blog I ran as well.

•••
December 1996. I registered 'My Name'+ world .com .... Aaaaaargh!

Had I known what to register back then.... :xf.frown::xf.frown::xf.frown:

•••
•••
•••
I registered my first domain in 2006.

•••
I got my first domain in 2005 ( NY Chat .net ) for a new york forum.

•••
•••
Bought my first domain today.

•••
•••
Oct 2002 for my online shop. :)

•••
Back