Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Guys,

I cant figure out why this site www.sliceit4.me do not sell. please advice

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm by a long shot no expert but the design looks fine to me, the service looks good and assuming you can deliver what you say in a timely fashion at the advertised price its not a bad set up at all. It's the name that people don't like I'm guessing, it isn't a dot com it has a number in it and its not super brandable even if it is a clever use of the dot me tld. Thats just my guess the experts will likely weigh in and have more to say than me, PM me if you wanna talk, your site might fit into my portfolio but I would be ditching the name so the price would have to reflect that for it to sell to me or probably anyone. How much are you trying to sell it for? Just for curiosity I mean, like what have you been asking for it, don't "make me an offer".

•••
I'll have to agree with the above.
The site looks quite professional.
The domain is a stumbling block.
Even a longer name that is simpler / easier to remember, is better.
And if it has some searched keywords, then even better.

•••
The number in the domain is actually more concerning that the extension. I do like .me domains as they can be used in many kinds of word play and that's the reason they were so popular in the beginning, when this TLD was introduced.

Now when we're talking about comprehension and memorability, the number (or hyphen for that matter) is a little tricky, as it requires further explanation and makes it harder to remember when announced verbally (the "radio test").

Still, as the others mentioned, design and actual site look pretty good so with a little more effort and patience you should find the right buyer ;)

•••
The design is decent - I think it fits the site, though some people may expect a better template.

However, I don't think the design is really what's not letting it sale.

If I was looking at this site, I'd have a few questions:

1. Who's the supplier - who's gonna do the actual conversion of the PSD to HTML? Are they trustworthy? Can I see some sample work they've already done? Are they timely and professional etc?

2. What's your current revenue like? That is, how are you getting leads (if any) and what is your 'take home' amount after maintenance and paying to the person who does the work?

Are you answering those specific questions on your listing for the site? Something to think about : )

Sagar

•••
You could rework on the visual aspects of the website/page. Otherwise, the site looks great, crisp content would give a better feeling.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

To be on a better/ higher level you could refer to some hosting company's services, for ease.

•••
2. What's your current revenue like? That is, how are you getting leads (if any) and what is your 'take home' amount after maintenance and paying to the person who does the work?

Are you answering those specific questions on your listing for the site? Something to think about : )

Sagar

The info about supplier of the service is spot on, but why would anyone need to share revenue details on their website? What value does it bring to the customer? This is an internal information in no way relevant to what you display to your prospects ;)

•••
The info about supplier of the service is spot on, but why would anyone need to share revenue details on their website? What value does it bring to the customer? This is an internal information in no way relevant to what you display to your prospects ;)

The OP was questioning why he was unable to sell the site. A quick search will find an old listing at Flippa. Many buyers there are looking for sites that they can make money off rightaway - hence the expectation of traffic/revenue stats, which wasn't offered in the sales listing.

Aesthetically, I personally find the green hard to look at, and the text throughout hard to read.

My suggestion would be to try a lower asking price or just sell the domain by itself.

•••
The number in the domain is actually more concerning that the extension. I do like .me...
I like .me paired with one word that matches, like meet.me, insure.me, or slice.me.
But 2 words, a digit, and a .me adds up to confusing and unmemorable - for the average surfer.
End users want short & clever, sure.
But, meaningful is often the most desirable quality.

Some available dot coms:
SliceFlow
SliceVisuals
SliceWizards
SlicedStudio
SliceSlinger
WebSliceStudio
PixelSliceDesign

If listing on Flippa, yeah, put as much info as you have: revenue, traffic, business process.
Remove every obstacle to trusting / buying.

•••
Generally, I was asking why do think this site do not bring some clients. The site has a little traffic but no new clients.

I appreciate you r replies

•••
The OP was questioning why he was unable to sell the site. A quick search will find an old listing at Flippa. Many buyers there are looking for sites that they can make money off rightaway - hence the expectation of traffic/revenue stats, which wasn't offered in the sales listing.

Aesthetically, I personally find the green hard to look at, and the text throughout hard to read.

My suggestion would be to try a lower asking price or just sell the domain by itself.

Maybe here is where the misunderstanding lies - some understood that OP wants to bring new clients to the site, and some understood he wants to sell the site itself. If I am correct that it is the first one, my point still stands ;)

As for the actual turning of leads into customers, its a completely different story, as you are not starting from ground Zero. At this point its all about research - what works well and what can be improved? See where your prospects click on the side, on which pages they spend most time, which pages can be improved visually and content-wise. Just don't fall into the trap of expecting fast results in no time as this is a steady and lengthy process which will work over time, even if you employ the right strategies.

•••
Your design is not the problem.
Your problem is that site is not being seen by its intended audience.

No one searches Bing / Google for "slice it 4 me."
(EMDs CAN help. Search engines LIE about that.)
People search for "slice to html" "slice psd" " psd to html" and stuff like that.

If you're not on page 1 of the search engines for some desired keyword(s), you need to buy advertising.

•••
Ok, so this turned out to be not much of a site appraisal lol.

Anyway, this:

Your design is not the problem.
Your problem is that site is not being seen by its intended audience.

is the best possible advice here.

Your design is average - but before you can even think of whether its affecting conversions, you need to first have enough traffic to the site.

How are you generating leads, if at all?

I think if you are doing the splicing yourself, it's much easier getting projects directly off of Freelancer / oDesk / eLance, instead of trying to get traffic to a site when you have no idea how to go about it.

Sagar

•••
Agreed. Being posted in Reviews / Appraisals and stating:
I cant figure out why this site www.sliceit4.me do not sell.
Had a lot of members trying to solve the wrong problem.
Should probably be in a SEO or Business Development forum.

Looks skiff had the idea of "Build it and they will come."
I wish it was that easy.

•••
Agreed. Being posted in Reviews / Appraisals and stating:

Had a lot of members trying to solve the wrong problem.
Should probably be in a SEO or Business Development forum.

Looks skiff had the idea of "Build it and they will come."
I wish it was that easy.

No, pal. Your conclusion is not true. I ran few campaigns on linkedin, fb and adwords. just no conversion. That's why I asked this question.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Anyway, this:

is the best possible advice here.

Your design is average - but before you can even think of whether its affecting conversions, you need to first have enough traffic to the site.

How are you generating leads, if at all?

I think if you are doing the splicing yourself, it's much easier getting projects directly off of Freelancer / oDesk / eLance, instead of trying to get traffic to a site when you have no idea how to go about it.

Sagar

I have small team in eastern europe. Im generating leads from "offline" - friend/clients so on. But the site not working at all.

Guys, I know the rule "no conversion without traffic". It's ok :)))

•••
Back