Dynadot

question What's up with all the bot traffic on Undeveloped?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

thevictor

Established Member
Impact
I recently started tracking my domain traffic via GA on Undeveloped and noticed that I am getting slammed every day with 300+ visits; all from bots.

Not sure if this has something to do with listing on Undeveloped or is that normal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This issue has been kicked around for a while:

I think they decided to stop allocating resources to filtering bots right from when they introduced GA... Those unbelievable numbers didnt just start yesterday or the day before. People just noticed because it got worse. I had 50 views yesterday and none of those views was tracked by my GA .

Maybe undeveloped should shut down that aspect of there website or start allocating resources to take care of bots.... The latter will be great for them.

TONS of bots on my GA reports. I am not sure if these are counted by Undeveloped but man, there are so many bots scanning and messing up my stats.

Hi guys,

We're aware of this issue. It's caused by a change we implemented two days ago. We're looking for a solution as we speak.

We're getting targetted by some pesky bot networks that keep changing their strategy. Most of them if not all are automated. Sanitizing traffic is a constant cat and mouse game. If we want to win that game we have to assign a dedicated team to it. At the moment that's not plausible, especially because the (negative) impact of this on your sales is zero.

Also, we launched the option to add your own Google Analytics tracker for this reason so you can collect your own traffic stats and implement whatever filters you want.

Kind regards,

Reza

Unfortunately, because we use GA ourselves we can't add another tracker on those pages.

Google analytics does not clear bots . Yesterday for instance, I got 28 views on one of my names via Google analytics, I checked the name @Undeveloped there was no traffic at all for that particular name.

Supposedly, from what others have posted, almost all of their traffic (in their MarketPlace) is bots:

@Undeveloped What are you guys doing to curb bots traffic. Its inevitable but can be controlled. From my experience before switching to bodis, you guys were not doing anything to control bots visit. Can't imagine a situation where 99% of my traffic are bots. It makes no sense. Bodis will do everything possible to filter bot, with that you can accurately predict how your names are behaving. Am hoping to give you guys another chance if that could be checked curbed

Well, thats from your own end but from mine, undeveloped has been counting bots as traffics. I have a domain that recieved 7 bot hits from OVH hosting inc. With the network domain showing ip examples like ip.436. Blah blah. This particular hits were counted as traffic by undeveloped.

Or other domainers:

~99% of their users are just another domainers like you...

Or nonexistent:
With Undeveloped I lose all traffic - it can't be monetized.

I added 345 com domains at Undeveloped about a week back but all without parking and, by your own metrics, I can't see even a single visit on any of the domains which sort of validates what I have stated here earlier.

According to Sirbigman, an SEO marketer, UnDeveloped has almost no organic traffic:

I was referring to undeveloped, sorry.
Show attachment 84647
There you go. That's only organic traffic.

Based on that I have had all of my domains (about 1500) posted at UnDeveloped for 15 months now, and no sales and only one penny ante offer of a hundred euro I think it was, seems to be true. (Versus MANY sales and TONS of offers at the Afternic Sedo DomainAgents DynaDot marketplaces, for the exact same domains during the exact same time period.)

I use my own private landing pages.

Last edited:
•••
Looks that Undeveloped improved their botfiltering...
Now I see ~ realistic stats VS 2018 year...

•••
I personally use UD for the landers as my top purpose. bot me up batman. can just check the return users and non bounces within 2 seconds of GA app check.

•••
Regarding Bodis which was mentioned above...
Their botfiltering is average... many bots (especially from the USA) are not filtered.

•••
@thevictor

Did you sort the problem out? I am having the same problem and just want to know how you got on with the above suggestions.
@MrAcidic I am still getting "some" bot traffic, but not nearly as much as before. Don't think there is a way to stop the bots as of right now so I am just using the filters in GA to help shorten the list.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back