Dynadot

question What's the max you have paid for a domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As an investor, I have always tried keeping my acquisition price low. The max amount I have spent on a single name acquisition, as far as I remember is less than $100 (I believe around $90). It never sold.

What's your maximum acquisition price for a single name? Did it sell for a profit?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting. Most investors put less than $100 for names and eye low to mid XXXX for such names.

Another pointless comment showing that you are not a real investor.

The reason investors are willing to pay below xxx for majority of names is precisely because they sell at xxxx$, but with very low sell through. If lowering sale prices to below $500 would yield 50% sales in a year, people would be paying $300 for such names. If they sold at $xxxx at 25%, people would pay up to half of that amount wholesale.

•••
What's your maximum acquisition price for a single name? Did it sell for a profit?

A: What's the most you've spent in a restaurant? Was the steak priced fairly?

I find the above to be just as relevant, IMO

•••
Mine is $101. I liquidated same domain for $250 17 months later.

•••
Low 4 figures. Sold for low 5 figures after a decade. Unreported .biz.

•••
My highest was $700 (concierge.ws ) for a project, ended up dropping it. Got caught up in auction fever.

My average acquisition cost is less than $25 but I will go up to $150 on names I like.

Sold a .org last year for 5k that I bought on a forum for $150 a few years back.

•••
mid 4 figures 8 years ago, never got an offer on that name, was going to use the name for a project

•••
About 1200 bucks but generally I'd spend less that 100 dollars on a name. I still have the name in question but I know I could get my money back at any point by selling back to the trade (which is the only reason I'm happy to spend that amount on a name).

•••
Interesting. Most investors put less than $100 for names and eye low to mid XXXX for such names.

•••
•••
•••
$1.4k for 5 characters .com flipped after 1 week for x3 profit, this was back in 2017.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back