Dynadot

discuss What’s the hottest industry in the world right now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Woke Monkey

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
With the Stablecoins Market Cap Increasing by a $100 Million USD every day and Global Stablecoins cross border remittance projected to be worth Trillions is there an industry that can even come close right now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think domain name sales will be steady rather than hot. That may change if home working and self-employment increases.

•••
I think domain name sales will be steady rather than hot. That may change if home working and self-employment increases.

Online education is growing, though most will use platforms that already exist (i.e. google classroom)

•••
Would be great if any claims of being the hottest industry could be backed up by numbers.

So far still nothing coming close to the growth of Stablecoins which currently stands at $100 Million a day and about to enter into a period of hyper growth.

•••
I don't think there is necessarily huge opportunity with stablecoins .. most people got into crypto because of the speculation and potential for big profits .. by very definition stablecoins will not have that. That being said .. there certainly could and probably will be growth in crypto technology itself. As long as crypto is based on tangible assets and are taxed like local currency, then I don't see governments taking too much of a hard stance against them (I was expecting more against assetless based coins like bitcoin).

All that said .. pretty much everything related to the pandemic is hot right now:

Health and remote health
Remote work
Remote education
Teleconferencing

•••
I don't think there is necessarily huge opportunity with stablecoins .. most people got into crypto because of the speculation and potential for big profits .. by very definition stablecoins will not have that. That being said .. there certainly could and probably will be growth in crypto technology itself. As long as crypto is based on tangible assets and are taxed like local currency, then I don't see governments taking too much of a hard stance against them (I was expecting more against assetless based coins like bitcoin).

All that said .. pretty much everything related to the pandemic is hot right now:

Health and remote health
Remote work
Remote education
Teleconferencing

Stablecoins and the payment rails they ride on will replace money, but with bells and whistles (smart contracts).

The potential for them to touch every industry is mind blowing. Applications for Stablecoins are being built at mind bending speed.

•••
there is a no person suggest "domain market"
why?
no future for the domain investing?
You just did, and I agree with you. This is a domain forum, and we better believe the DN industry is the hottest and the best across the world, or what are we doing here?

There is nothing better nor more exciting to invest in, and if we want numbers look at historical references and present daily volume across the board- I'm not going to do your homework for you. Looking at a hot industry, growth should not just be measure by a dollar amount- especially since it can literally boil down to a handful of people controlling our perceptions of what is.

We want to talk about hot industries, talk about niches that are worthwhile naming investments UNDER the umbrella of the domain industry.

•••
Will keep it short and sweet.......

Defi :xf.grin:

•••
If anyone is doubting just how massive Stablecoins are going to be you should read this article.

How programmable digital assets may change monetary policy

A recent Federal Reserve paper by Wong and Maniff contains a discussion of the “programmability” of money — a feature of smart contracts, which are self-executing pieces of code that can automate business processes, and which are associated with a subset of digital assets issued on blockchains. (These are either privately-issued, such as stablecoins designed to track the value of fiat currency, or a central bank digital currency; of critical importance to collateral markets, IOSCO notes that stablecoins can resemble regulated securities.)

The digital asset world has been talking about programmability for years, and mainstream financial players are now connecting the dots about its importance. Why? Because programmable digital assets exhibit high velocity, potentially exceeding that of traditional money in some jurisdictions. Amid the collapse in recent years of the velocity of traditional money, as QE and similar programs have expanded reserves on central banks’ balance sheets that remain mostly dormant, the rise of high-velocity, programmable money could pose important implications for monetary policy.

Programmable instruments, such as cryptocurrency stablecoins, already exist, and since they are issued by non-banks they are not money and cannot offer settlement finality in money. At more than US$1.1tn of on-chain velocity annually (which is verifiable) and over US$12tn of exchange-reported velocity (off-chain crosses not independently verifiable), the volumes are no longer small. Mainstream institutions are taking notice.

Why do these particular digital assets demonstrate significantly higher velocity than traditional bank money? These assets free up capital that would otherwise be trapped in unsettled payments, thereby improving the velocity of users’ capital (and returns on capital) — from traders to investors to corporate treasurers alike. They settle much faster than traditional payment systems — in minutes, not hours or even days — plus they settle on shared infrastructure (a blockchain), thereby eliminating the slow sequential settlement from one institution to the next and reducing counterparty credit risk. They also offer settlement finality, including protections from chargebacks and reversals that traditional payment systems may not provide. Most importantly, they are issued on API-based, smart contract platforms that enable users to build software applications to improve, for example, the payment reconciliation processes.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2020/09/03/1599134259000/How-programmable-digital-assets-may-change-monetary-policy/

Last edited:
•••
So far still nothing coming close to the growth of Stablecoins which currently stands at $100 Million a day

Hi

a $100 mil a day is nothing, compared to the drug money that flows from every major city in USA.

and we haven't even talked about "crime" as an industry.

from the mafia to mortgage fraud, bank fraud, wall st, swindling, pyramid schemes (crypto, ponzi, enron), tax evasion, bribery, theft, btc ransom/hacking, etc, etc

imo...

•••
Hi

a $100 mil a day is nothing, compared to the drug money that flows from every major city in USA.

from the mafia to mortgage fraud, bank fraud, wall st, swindling, pyramid schemes (crypto, ponzi, enron), tax evasion, bribery, theft, btc ransom/hacking, etc, etc

imo...
Organised crime is a Multi Trillion a year global industry - estimated at around 7% - 10% of global GDP (approximately) :xf.smile:

•••
Hi

imo...
Stablecoins have done $88 Billion in the last 24 hours. This will soon be Trillions, daily.

Last edited:
•••
Stablecoins have done $88 Billion in the last 24 hours. This will soon be Trillions, daily.
There both very nice/profitable industries to be involved with if you ask me......

•••
Day trading (regular markets), crypto, solutions for remote work, social media marketing gurus, spiritual gurus are also back in style usually pitching manifestation law of attraction or whatever, its been out of style for a number of years.

•••
You either get behind Stablecoins and the USD or you don’t. Pick a side. I’m done here.

Digital currency and the new cold war

‘Niall Ferguson, who said in The Sunday Times: ‘If America is smart, it will wake up and start competing for dominance in digital payments.’

https://www.omfif.org/2020/09/digital-currency-and-the-new-cold-war/

•••
XR
This might be an unpopular opinion but this is how I think: think about the average Joe. What is his relation to crypto? Speculation. Period. It's really hard to actually communicate the value of cryptos to non-geeks (in terms of decentralization etc.)
Compare that with XR whose entire essence is that of giving a visceral experience for e.g. experiencing the butterflies in your stomach immersed in some adventure sport simply using your vr headset in your room.
Once XR captures the imagination of the public, it will be really hard to get them off that.
Also improvements will occur faster in xr compared to let's say drones or autonomous or space because it completely belongs to the world of "bits" as against "atoms" (Peter Theil uses this dichotomy often to point out that rapid progress is only happening in the former, not the latter). What do you guys think?

•••
Still Jellywrestling just need to mention it.

•••
I don't think the USD is particularly stable at the moment, and this is one reason that I haven't really got involved with Stablecoins. Linking them to Bitcoin or Gold might be a better choice. If this happens, then gold domains could take off.

I picked up ERC20coin.com a while ago, and shortly afterwards, I thought that it was a stupid acquisition. The Etherium blockchain uses tokens and not coins. However stablecoins based on the ERC20 token seem to be called coins, so maybe it isn't so bad after all. It could be used for creating an information site, and these domain names could be where the growth area is, and not with names related to specific stablecoins.

•••
Food delivery! I don't know about other places as I don't travel since February but here in London at the moment I see almost most scooters for delivery than cars... Covid effect of course.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think the USD is particularly stable at the moment, and this is one reason that I haven't really got involved with Stablecoins. Linking them to Bitcoin or Gold might be a better choice. If this happens, then gold domains could take off.

I picked up ERC20coin.com a while ago, and shortly afterwards, I thought that it was a stupid acquisition. The Etherium blockchain uses tokens and not coins. However stablecoins based on the ERC20 token seem to be called coins, so maybe it isn't so bad after all. It could be used for creating an information site, and these domain names could be where the growth area is, and not with names related to specific stablecoins.

Are Gold-Backed Stablecoins The New Cryptocurrency Standard?

https://hackernoon.com/are-gold-backed-stablecoins-the-new-cryptocurrency-standard-yu1v3xwv

•••
Still no contenders apart from ‘Forex‘ and ‘Drugs’ which will both be swiftly put to bed by Libra‘s Global Stablecoins

How China Is Closing In on Its Own Digital Currency

useful in combating money laundering and other illegal activities. Facebook Inc.’s redesigned cryptocurrency project, called Libra, may have sped things up. Assuming it goes ahead, Libra could end up increasing the dollar’s dominance -- and weakening China’s capital controls.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-08/how-china-is-closing-in-on-its-own-digital-currency-quicktake

•••
dGen forecasts that:

* the Greenback & stablecoins will survive

* 3-5 nations globally will replace their currency with CBDC by 2030

* Smaller nations will consider switching to the Digital Dollar

https://www.dgen.org/cbdc-geopolitics

•••
Online business

working from home

Last edited:
•••
I've been out of work for years

•••
Massive news for Libra’s Global Stablecoin and the like.

Speech by Christine Lagarde, President of the ECB

Payments in a digital world

“two major trends are shaping the global payments landscape:
  1. changing consumer preferences
  2. competition to dominate payments on a global scale.
More than a quarter of the world’s population are active users of Facebook, which could give its Libra project a global footprint from the outset. And it is not unlikely that other large technology firms enter the playing field, too.

This has great potential to drive competition, improve payment solutions and support financial inclusion. But it could also magnify a host of issues, ranging from abuse of market power to ownership of critical data. It could also make it more difficult to combat illicit activities and ensure operational resilience.”

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/key/date/2020/html/ecb.sp200910~31e6ae9835.en.html

Last edited:
•••
Remote Everything, Digital Transformation

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back