IT.COM

information What's the current state of typo traffic?

NameSilo
Watch
I've been out of the domain game for so long that I can't even remember what domain I sold last.

Back when I was active, I had a bunch of typo domains, especially for regionally popular websites. They never bought in way too much money, but earned enough in parking to pay for their registration fee, and then some.

Think of names like wwwsbi.in (typo of SBI.in, which itself is a typo of SBI.co.in - India's largest bank)

What's the state of such names now? I know that for a lot of people, especially in the developing world, apps have replaced domains as the first point of interaction.

Given this change, are typo domains still bringing in the traffic? What are the legal issues surrounding them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Traffic for typo domains has declined over the years, and has continue to be declining. Good crypto names are still doing well in the market, probably still the hottest niche now.

Like you said, Apps and search engine index has contributed to the decline in type in traffics. LL.com, LLL.com, LLLL.com, N.com, NN.com, NNN.com, and NNNN.com are doing pretty well in the market and will continue to be the champions.

Welcome back to the community. Take your time to see what works now, and follow the trends.

Last edited:
•••
Traffic for typo domains has declined over the year, and continue to be declining. Good crypto names are still doing well in the market, probably still the hottest niche now.

Like you said, Apps and search engine index has contributed to the decline in type in traffics. LL.com, LLL.com, LLLL.com, N.com, NN.com, NNN.com, and NNNN.com are doing pretty well in the market and will continue to be the champions.

Welcome back to the community. Take your time to see what works now, and follow the trends.

Thanks for the welcome back :)

I took the time off to get a Master's degree, learn new skills, and build an agency. I had a great start to domaining until the 2008 crash ruined the market for a few years. I remember individually emailing LLL.com owners and bagging a few deals for $x,xxx.

Also, at one point when the last of the 5N.com domains were about to be registered, I swooped in and registered nearly 200 odd names - I think some of the last freely available 5N names. I dropped them a year later because I didn't realize how big this market would be :)

I'm back on this forum after a long time and I can already see a few familiar names and faces. Feels like home!

•••
I have a couple that work but will be staying away in future.auto correct spoils it.
eg webadvertizing gets a few clicks,

Last edited:
•••
Back