Dynadot

Whats the consequences for instant transfer upon sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I haven't signed up for instant transfer of my names for sale with my registrar because I am leary of someone using a bogus credit card for purchase, is there any safeguards to this I usually wait to transfer for a while till
cc clears, although I would imagine the auction sites and registrars who use this pre-qualify buyers, has anyone had this issue when selling domains yet, thank God all my buyers have been legit to date
Thanks
Joe T

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The AfternicDLS Fast Transfer system has safeguards in place that ensure you'll either get paid, or get the domain back if there's been a chargeback/fraudulent transaction. If you are talking about a COA after payment outside of a marketplace, then I think escrow should be the way to go since you have no good way as an individual to make sure a payment is good due to long chargeback times.

•••
I usually wait to transfer for a while till cc clears
This wouldn't help you because chargebacks can be filed 30-90 days after the transaction, depending on the credit card company. 30 days is the shortest I've ever heard of.

I would imagine the auction sites and registrars who use this pre-qualify buyers
They don't pre-qualify them at all, but I'm guessing they'd bite the bullet by covering the cost if this happened and you made a (public) announcement about it.

It's not guaranteed though. It's always wise to use an escrow company.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back