IT.COM

advice What's the cheapest escrow service to rent domains ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dan is indeed among the best options but 9% is quite expensive.
Any cheaper option ?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am sure if you look good you can find a company that will do it for free. You might lose your name and money, but at least you can sleep good at night temporarily knowing you got yourself a great deal on escrow fees.

After the recent epik masterbucks nightmare, you should choose either dan or escrow.com when applicable and not pay attention to fees.

•••
Dan is indeed among the best options but 9% is quite expensive.
Any cheaper option ?

Thank you.
I'd rather pay a higher fee for a decent level of reassurance that I'm in good hands, than sourcing a cheaper deal, with an uncertain level of reassurance

Last edited:
•••
Epik also supports installments, but they have a 9 to 10% fee. Would also be interested in other alternatives.

•••
Hi

create a lease to own deal, have buyer agree to terms -
and then you can take monthly payments via paypal

imo...

•••
Sedo external escrow fee is 3%

•••
I'm not looking for a free service of course but I was hoping to find something in the middle by excluding Epik after the recent negative experience ... So Dan might be an expensive but very professional option.

Biggie, are you recommending to create a private 'lease to own agreement' signed by both parties where the buyer should pay the needed installments by PayPal by trusting us ?
This option won't work ... An escrow service is needed for his peace of mind and we totally agree on this point but the idea was good.
Oh but the other party was thinking to rent the domain for few months but not necessarily to buy it so we were thinking to a reasonable fee of course ...

Sedo private service is a great cheap option but they don't support domain rentals for what I know.
Am I wrong ?

Ok so Dan is still the best option.
I'll discuss with the other party about them.

•••
•••
It's indeed a possibility yes but the interested company didn't know us enough to agree to sign a private agreement considering the involved rental fee will be high considering we're talking of a premium domain but I'll double check with them to find a solution.
I'm not even sure we'll ever close this deal, we're still negotiating at the moment

•••
Dan is very cheap if you bring your own leads.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Back