Dynadot

discuss What's the chance of him paying for the domain?

NameSilo
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
Hi!

I have someone that looked super serious and we agreed on $1450 for a domain but he didn't pay yet (DAN). it's been 1.5 days. what are the chances that he'll pay? have you ever had a sale where the customer paid after over 2 days?

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

how long have you had the domain, before you got this offer?

if.... it was longer than 2 days, then you need to have patience

there may be issues on their side, that are holding up payment

i'm sure you want the payment to be sent, but don't get frantic, so soon.

Good Luck!

imo….

•••
OMG! A day and a half and not paid yet?!?! Definitely start panicking and maybe even cancel the sale! The nerve of some weekend buyers taking so long to pay!! :xf.rolleyes:

•••
One of my domain sold on dan make offer buyer was busy and he made payment after 3 days

•••
As an aside here, with Epik we do show you the details of who inquired so you can help with getting deals closed. If you are concerned there, perhaps ask DAN if they will release the buyer contact info so you can phone them. Perhaps they did not get the email confirmation or some other procedural issue. Call me old school but I think phone calls from a live, intelligent and articulate person go a long way to closing deals.

•••
OMG! A day and a half and not paid yet?!?! Definitely start panicking and maybe even cancel the sale! The nerve of some weekend buyers taking so long to pay!! :xf.rolleyes:
No need to be so sarcastic. Was just asking a question.
Thankz

•••
I honestly think,
you want to wait another 2 hours

•••
As many here mentioned that many a time buyer may delay the deal due to several issues on their end.

You can even message DAN and request them to follow-up with the buyer over a phone call. They have done that for me multiple times.

•••
Hi

how long have you had the domain, before you got this offer?

if.... it was longer than 2 days, then you need to have patience

there may be issues on their side, that are holding up payment

i'm sure you want the payment to be sent, but don't get frantic, so soon.

Good Luck!

imo….

Thank you, it's just I've never had a buyer taking so long to pay, so I decided to ask here.

•••
Best thing to do is relax. There is a good chance someone bought the name over the weekend and walked into work Monday morning ready to finalize. Although, after spilling coffee on pant legs and covering for two employees who called in sick, finding time to finalize a domain transaction is hard.

Relax and kick back. Enjoy the ride.:xf.smile:

Good luck!

•••
He may be looking for another payment option or prefer other marketplace, but you should wait for a one week before contacting him

•••
He will definitely pay:xf.grin:
he/she is busy, just be ready for the sales

•••
i have one sale(sold a domain name to a swiss company) that took about two months to conclude.
during the time i thought the buyer wasn't gonna pay and i was thinking about giving him ultimatum whether to pay immediately or i'd increase the price. but i didn't and decided to be more patient.

there was about two weeks or maybe more, the buyer went silent but i kept track of our email, it was being read almost every two to three days during the silent period.

however, after ±10 days from my last reply, i made the decision to send an email asking about any updates regarding the transaction(this was my strategy to test the water whether the buyer still interested to proceed or not).

only after 17 days later, he answered back that he was quite busy with work and would proceed with the transaction.
but, thankfully i didn't lose my cool, i just waited and waited and before i've got the payment.

if i were not being patient enough and went for ultimatum, maybe i could have lose the sale at that time.

this is one of the rare cases of potential buyer went silent but the transaction did happen in the end.
many times, the buyer went silent and i never got a single reply back.

Last edited:
•••
Give him a week before you start worrying, but at that point your chances of a deadbeat increase exponentially.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back