Dynadot

question What's registrar has the cheapest option to register .ca domains for non-residents?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I've registered with Marcaria before some .ca domains. I'm looking for a cheaper option. especially ones that have registered agent for .ca domains for registrants not living in Canada. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Be careful. CIRA does not allow the use of trustee services.

Any company offering it is breaking registry rules. They do proactively enforce their policy unlike other registries.

•••
Fkn Canadians, like we're all born with a prick up our ass. We should let loose a little. The canna outlet rules are a perfect example, of how NOT to do business.

Ok, carry on. Steam released.

•••
Be careful. CIRA does not allow the use of trustee services.

Any company offering it is breaking registry rules. They do proactively enforce their policy unlike other registries.

Thanks!

•••
So I've registered with Marcaria before some .ca domains. I'm looking for a cheaper option. especially ones that have registered agent for .ca domains for registrants not living in Canada. Thanks.
how was your experience getting .ca from outside? Any trustee service out there? ty

•••
Afaik there is an active aftermarket for .ca domains. Indeed, trustee services are at least not welcomed. However, one can always incorporate a business in Canada (I've seen such services online, almost instant, and you will have a company named like "12345 Ontario LLC" as the result. Since the company would not be actively trading, as it would in fact be just IP holding company, related accounting should be easy.

I'm not a lawyer or accountant, so the above is not a legal advice.

Another issue to be checked: CA-based endusers would expect to pay for their purchases in Canadian Dollars using local payment methods. So, non-CA based domain seller should better provide this in one way or another...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back