Dynadot

advice What's New Trend in Chinese Domain Buyers ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vikas123

Established Member
Impact
Please advice if you are aware, Rumors are they have started investing in NNLL and Chinese number with numeric number , is this true

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mostly numeric domains will drop IMO.

Numeric; 5L, 4L in various extensions, speculative ngTLD purchases... the possibilities are endless.

•••
Chinese are buying BB accepted name :-P , you heard it here

•••
•••
I do not agree that IDNS are wurthless.,
Maybe Chinese ones or Korean ones.
But French, German, Czech, Cyrillic (Russian) ones can be interesting.
For French, German, Spanish, Czech, using their CCTLDS (non-IDN-extention) or GTLDS asextention, and IDN-domain in front of the dot. But the ü, eIDN-domain before the dot of these languages is actually "Latin letters, like, a, b, c, d, e etc...with IDN-letters here and there, like f.i.
é, ç, à can all be registerred and written using the same keyboard, without hassle.
This is not so easy at all with Chinese or Korean IDN.IDN 's.
BUT with Cyrillic domains IDN.IDN domains (so with IDN in front and IDN after the dot) can all be wriktten with a Cyrrillic Keyboard. The Russian Federation IDN-extention has 850.000 !!! registrations (mostly in Russia of course). However it's not one of the NTLDS. They only exist 6 years but keep quite steady. The newTLDs cyrillic-extentions don't get so much registrations (far less, but some IDN-extentions in Cyrillic still have to come out).
The sadthing is that only some registrars deliver the russion federation IDN-extention.

Last edited:
•••
Another thing: What is available to handregister is usually not worth anything. That is why it is available!

You have to ask youself why you are the only person in the person in the world having the idea to register this one.

If you can not come up with a good reason you are probably wasting your money.

I see this advice a lot on this forum, and I think it needs to stop. The problem isn't the fact that it's a hand reg. You could apply this logic to any domain purchase: "Why am I the only one in the world willing to spend $XXX on this domain?" Invariably, the answer is the same with hand reg names as it is with any other purchase: "Because I believe I can make money from it."

The real issue is alluded to in your last sentence: new domainers need to learn why they are buying a domain, and how they are going to make money from it.

Let's stop dissuading people from hand registering names across the board, and instead start helping them understand the process of choosing a good name.

•••
For th
I see this advice a lot on this forum, and I think it needs to stop. The problem isn't the fact that it's a hand reg. You could apply this logic to any domain purchase: "Why am I the only one in the world willing to spend $XXX on this domain?" Invariably, the answer is the same with hand reg names as it is with any other purchase: "Because I believe I can make money from it."

The real issue is alluded to in your last sentence: new domainers need to learn why they are buying a domain, and how they are going to make money from it.

Let's stop dissuading people from hand registering names across the board, and instead start helping them understand the process of choosing a good name.
for this reason created a new post - to help eachother

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
@ambrose.xu So now I will have to find an english guy to buy it :P

•••
@ambrose.xu So now I will have to find an english guy to buy it :P

yes, but ..., as i know, one famous chinese domainer , he owned a lot of china+[industries].com domains, such as ChinaSteel.com ,ChinaPharma.com, chinamedia.com ..... , he like such english domain.

•••
yes, but ..., as i know, one famous chinese domainer , he owned a lot of china+[industries].com domains, such as ChinaSteel.com ,ChinaPharma.com, chinamedia.com ..... , he like such english domain.

Ambrose, I think he means he owns CHINA**.COM with the star symbols which is probably one of the worst IDN I have seen in a long time if that is correct.

Good China+.com ./.cn can be quite valuable. Also some foreign companies setting up in China will use English.com/.cn to market to overseas.

•••
•••
Ambrose, I think he means he owns CHINA**.COM with the star symbols which is probably one of the worst IDN I have seen in a long time if that is correct.

Good China+.com ./.cn can be quite valuable. Also some foreign companies setting up in China will use English.com/.cn to market to overseas.

yes, simple english words are acceptable in China.

•••
•••
爱爱.com , is this worth of something

•••
爱爱.com , is this worth of something

Artificial Intelligence twice AiAi (Pinyin) :-D

One version of To make love, probably get some traffic and may find a buyer.

做爱 (Zuo Ai) preferred I believe.

•••

Wot

do you think these type of pinyn 2 letter have value

•••
Wot

do you think these type of pinyn 2 letter have value

Pinyin most definitely yes but long gone.

IDN (Chinese Characters not much call for them nowadays) I do own 中国XXX.com which gets quite good traffic and actually pays for itself,but that is unusual.

•••
to be honest when I read some ppl comment they said Chinese like domain that have 8 number on it! but now I know the specific reason ;) lol 8 ,

just saying :D

•••

You are 100% correct. People should remember that 123.com etc was once a hand reg. and you don't have to go back to 1996 to see examples. Others such as dudu.com which sold for $1 million. etc. Go with your instincts-everyone reg's some crap but you only need a couple of great ones to know you're on the right path.

•••
'Domains with Chinese characteristics' :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back