IT.COM

Whats important when looking for a Host?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Please vote and post your opinions :D

I always figured that customer service was most important but then there are other important things too :o

Ohh and price is important too :hehe:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Server Uptime / Server Speed / Customer Service are the most important IMO :)

•••
Price is really important when begin a new business!

•••
Price is not really important when looking for a host unless your on a really tight budget.

What really matters is the speed, uptime and overall customer service.

•••
IMO, uptime,speed and customer service..

•••
Customer service, uptime/speed. Even if you're not going to use the customer service, you need to know that they'll be there for you if and when needed IMO.

•••
To pick what is most important it depends on your situation and personal needs. For instance if you are looking to run a small personal website, on a tight budget, then price is likely to be most important. If you are a business then the importance of server uptime and speed may come before price, even if you are still on a tight budget. The same can be said for all the other elements, it really depends on you.

Speaking from being in the hosting business myself (not just the service we try to offer our clients, but also the service we expect ourselves from data centres), ultimately it should be a combination of all those elements.

•••
Gotta say reliability on this one - No point having a site if it keeps going offline.

•••
IMO, a combination of price, customer service and server specs. I would never buy on just one criteria.

•••
Relaiablity..speed...price...and storage :p

•••
I will definitely consider all those options bfore buying

•••
Well it will be Server Uptime Then Testimonials ,Customer Sevice and Price .....

•••
If you buy on any single of the listed options you're making a mistake. It's important when choosing a host that you consider all factors. You should have the service you need but at the same time you should also be paying a fair amount for the services you want. You can easily pay too much for hosting just as easily as you can be suckered into a company with horrible support.

Price would be the least important IMHO. If you try to compete on price alone as a company you will lose. The same goes for if you're looking for the cheapest provider around. Odds are in the end you will also lose.

•••
Server Uptime is most important

the site MUST be up

•••
I would consider all of the listed options while looking for a host.

•••
CrazyTech said:
Price would be the least important IMHO. If you try to compete on price alone as a company you will lose. The same goes for if you're looking for the cheapest provider around. Odds are in the end you will also lose.

I couldn't disagree more. The hosts which do well have to compete on price in todays competetive hosting environment. How many hosts do you know who charge $25 for 1GB b/w?

•••
Zeeble said:
I couldn't disagree more. The hosts which do well have to compete on price in todays competetive hosting environment. How many hosts do you know who charge $25 for 1GB b/w?

I agree with CrazyTech you need to balance all the factors. Price,Service,etc...
If you only target on price yes you will get more customers but the profit margin will be small therefore limiting your growth. You need to have funds for servers,advertising,support,etc... The way to charge a higher price and avoid competing with the million dollar companies is to target your local market who is willing to pay 1.50-3.00 a GB if not more and provide good support which a lot of the larger companies don't care about. Do you wan't 100 customers making you $100 profit or 25 customers making you $100 profit? I'll take the 25 customers as you make the same profit with less support needed.

•••
u need to find a reliable server.....& dont forget to make a backup of thing on ur site.....come in handy anytime

•••
IMO reliability and customer service are very important when looking for a host.

•••
Customer Service is the biggest factory. PN all the way :tu:

•••
There should be an equilibrium between all those factors :)

•••
actually all are important but i gave my vote to 'server uptime' since i figured that if the host has good server uptime then customer service wouldn't be as important any more. lol.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back