Dynadot

What's best Wordpress "domain for sale" plugin or theme?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Luke12

Established Member
Impact
What's the best Wordpress "domain for sale" plugin or theme? Preferably free.
Trying to find the cheapest and quickest way to let people know about domain names for sale on Wordpress sites please!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'll give a tip/hint...

"Plug" the word "plugin" in to the search box up at the top right side of the page and then hit "enter" on your keyboard. You'll likely find what you need pretty quickly -- especially since there has been a couple of relevant threads recently.

Good luck!

•••
Thanks. Checked some of those out but they were expensive or had bugs. Surely there has to be a free plugin that can be used for multiple domains that actually works?

•••
Is it better to do that than just park the pages with ads and for sale sign?

•••
No. Not in my case.
Anyone actually using a totally free Wordpress plugin that is a "domain for sale" contact form or similar plugin?

•••
WP multisite compatibility is a must.

•••
I have used Domena to good effect - sold a number of domains with it: http://themeforest.net/item/domena-20-domain-for-sale-template/1408726

It's not free, but at $34 it provides a clean, responsive landing page that makes it clear the domain is for sale, and where you can manage your own leads with no commission. Doesn't require multisite either (can point domains to the site where theme is hosted).

•••
If you want a simple solutions.. install a clean free theme, install contact 7 plugin n make a contact us page on the Homepage, redirect all the domains to the contact us page with your info, ie. This domain may be for sale etc... if you're not after the stats then it does the trick..

•••
I have used Domena to good effect - sold a number of domains with it: http://themeforest.net/item/domena-20-domain-for-sale-template/1408726

It's not free, but at $34 it provides a clean, responsive landing page that makes it clear the domain is for sale, and where you can manage your own leads with no commission. Doesn't require multisite either (can point domains to the site where theme is hosted).

Nice theme, but it looks like the developer doesn't support it anymore.

•••
Domena says 1000+ domains on one install

How does it work? What is the trick for not adding each domain individually to your server and just using the same nameservers?

•••
It's relatively straight forward, and once setup I never had any issues. I had deluxe hosting with Godaddy whereby the theme was setup on one domain, and then all other domains pointed to the folder of that install (if that makes any sense).

•••
I've recently created a free domain selling wordpress theme if you still need it - http://wpdomain.pro/

•••
OK. Not WP. But has anyone tried FolioTrader - Domain Portfolio Seller Script from Codecanyon? It looks like a very nice clean script. It would be nice to see that operating in real life. Or to hear about any experience with it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back