NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

SELMimo

Established Member
Impact
Hello Guys,

I hope you are well and you were able to catch some great domains lately !

I'd like to share with you something. In just one month, I handregged more than 40 domains :oops: I think it's a lot for a newbie like me.
I made certainly many bad choices but this is the way I think. I will share with you my today handregged domains .
You tell me please if I'm on the right track or I'm too far away. I will appreciate your feedback and if you can give some ideas about pricing this domains that would be generous of you. Thanks in advance :)

JobStill (.) com
TeraTra (.) de (my first (de) I found that teratrade (.) com was taken I ended up with this one.
Majuscular (.com)
Vocabular (.) org

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP

A few pointers for you.

Having a quick look through the names, I cant see much value.

It looks like you have fallen into the reg frenzy trap that most new domainers fall into. Buying 40 names in your first month is far too many, especially without any sales. Dont buy 40, 50 or 100 names thinking you will sell them all, it wont happen, buy 1-5 names and try and sell them, if you cant sell them, dont buy more, research and learn what you are doing wrong. Just remember if you sold a domain now for $500, you havent made a profit if you add up what you have spent and your renewal costs.

Buy a couple of decent names and then try and sell them for decent profit to end-users. If you do manage to sell them, reinvest that money into more names. If you dont have a good understanding of what makes a name valuable and how to find end-users, you will end up with a lot of names that wont sell. I would spend a few months reading this forum before buying any names. Check out Namebio.com and DNJournal.com to see what type of names sell.

My advice is not to hand-register names, but if you are going to, check and make sure you have a whole list of potential buyers before buying a name, its not use having a name with no buyers? Biggest mistake domainers make is thinking the buyers will come to them after buying an average domain. This wont happen unless you have really good names.

Some important things to remember
Don't hand register any names, email owners of decent names and find a bargain. These names are available for a reason.
Don't buy names and then just park them or put up a landing page waiting for a buyer.
Email potential buyer individually and ask if they are interested.
Its always better to spend $100, $200 or $500 on 1 or 2 names that will at least sell, rather than 50 or 100 average names that will end up expiring. Quality of Quantity
Focus on a niche you are familiar with
Focus on a laguage you are familiar with, translating english words directly to german words doesnt always work. Don't buy .DE names unless you understand the German domain market. Stick to .COM when to start out.
Focus on getting the best .COM names in a niche, even if you have to pay a bit more.
Shorter is better in domains, most of the time anyway
Dont mix numbers and letters
Stay away from hyphens
Stay away from company names/Trademarks

Any offers you get on these, sell them and learn more about the industry and then reinvest.

Hope that helps
Good Luck

Last edited:
•••
Not seeing any value here IMO

•••
Welcome to NP

A few pointers for you.

It looks like you have fallen into the reg frenzy trap that most new domainers fall into. Buying 40 names in your first month is far too many, especially without any sales. Dont buy 40, 50 or 100 names thinking you will sell them all, it wont happen, buy 1-5 names and try and sell them, if you cant sell them, dont buy more, research and learn what you are doing wrong. Just remember if you sold a domain now for $500, you havent made a profit if you add up what you have spent and your renewal costs.

Buy a couple of decent names and then try and sell them for decent profit to end-users. If you do manage to sell them, reinvest that money into more names. If you dont have a good understanding of what makes a name valuable and how to find end-users, you will end up with a lot of names that wont sell. I would spend a few months reading this forum before buying any names. Check our Namebio.com and DNJournal.com to see what type of names sell.

My advice is not to hand-register names, but if you are going to, check and make sure you have a whole list of potential buyers before buying a name, its not use having a name with no buyers? Biggest mistake domainers make is thinking the buyers will come to them after buying an average domain. This wont happen unless you have really good names.

Don't hand register any names, email owners of decent names and find a bargain. These names are available for a reason.
Don't buy names and then just park them or put up a landing page waiting for a buyer.
Its always better to spend $100, $200 or $500 on 1 or 2 names that will at least sell, rather than 50 or 100 average names that will end up expiring. Quality of Quantity
Focus on a laguage you are familiar with, translating english words directly to german words doesnt always work. Don't buy .DE names unless you understand the German domain market. Stick to .COM when to start out.
Focus on getting the best .COM names in a niche, even if you have to pay a bit more.
Stay away from hyphens

Any offers you get on these, sell them and learn more about the industry and then reinvest.

Hope that helps
Good Luck
What a great advice. Thanks a lot for your reply. You're right I should stop buying even though I check on namebio before I buy but I think I still don't have enough experience so the best thing is to invest my time to learn. Thank you again for your time I really appreciate it.

•••
Welcome to NP

A few pointers for you.

Buy a couple of decent names and then try and sell them for decent profit to end-users. If you do manage to sell them, reinvest that money into more names. If you dont have a good understanding of what makes a name valuable and how to find end-users, you will end up with a lot of names that wont sell. I would spend a few months reading this forum before buying any names. Check our Namebio.com and DNJournal.com to see what type of names sell.

Stay away from hyphens

Hope that helps
Good Luck
🏆

•••
Stop registering and read and learn. Good Luck. We all go a little crazy in the beginning but we also always recommend others don’t. Hindsight.

•••
Stop registering and read and learn. Good Luck. We all go a little crazy in the beginning but we also always recommend others don’t. Hindsight.
That's right. Do you have an idea what I should learn first?
Thanks in advance

•••
•••
That's right. Do you have an idea what I should learn first?
Thanks in advance
Go to the beginner section. You will find a collection of topics specifically for domain beginners.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back