IT.COM

advice What you do when you have no sales ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hold buying new domains
Drop average quality domains
Wait for sale

•••
no sales, is not a problem

no sales and no ppc, for a lengthy period, may cause one to ponder a different strategy.

imo....

•••
Lol... same thing everyone else does.. we hit refresh over and over again on all our open tabs of the market places were all our domains are listed... :laugh:

•••
upload_2016-9-1_19-10-11.png

•••
i was doing that few sec back i read ur post lol...

•••
1. Evaluate your current portfolio. Do extensive research on each names potential by using tools such as NameBio and look at related sales.
1a. Decide if you need to adjust your buying strategy.
1b. Decide if you need to adjust your pricing strategy
2. List your domains on as many marketplaces as possible. The more confident you get in your pricing you may want to consider realistic or slightly undervalued BIN prices to encourage impulse buys on domains you want to move.
3. Remember that it takes time to sale domains. A widely quoted figure is a 2% sell through rate in domains (if they are of average quality). That means for every 100 domains in 365 days of listing you can expect to sell 2. Many people have a lower rate, and many people have a much higher sale rate with either higher quality domains or a more aggressive pricing strategy.
4. Use a spread sheet and calculate different scenarios for your sales strategy. This will give you a much better idea of where you need to set your goals.
5. Always research, read articles and this forum, and watch sales reports closely. These will help you find out which domains sell and which ones don't.
6. Decide when a domain is a dud, and be ready to unload it for pennies or drop it and cut your losses. Renewals on unsalable domains can sink your profits.

There is much more advice that this board can give you, but this would be my main points.

•••
•••
You should always have a plan to have income in way or more aspects of domaining. Relying on just one is not always a good idea.

•••
Light candles, grow a beard, sacrifice a fuzzy animal and pray to domain gods

You will make sales with the best of them

•••
Grow my finger nails....

•••
Be patient, wait although it's hard to do some times. Lately names I thought I should have dropped are the ones I'm getting inquiries about and the ones I like the best are few and far between. Go figure. :rolleyes:

•••
Increase the number of drops.

•••
•••
Take my time singing while reviewing my whole portfolio.
Perhaps a little dancing will do... nothing beats an optimistic guy through thick and thin.

•••
Sales numbers is NOT nearly as important as REQUESTS/OFFERS to buy.

If you have a 100 domains and get NO requests to purchase or all purchase offers are like $20 from India, then something is wrong with your portfolio.

So if you tell me you have 10 requests/offers per month, then you asking price is too high.

Sales in general is a numbers game, get in front of enough customers and you will make a sale.

Afternic/Godaddy ACTUALLY gets customers to see your names. Uniregistry/BrandBucket DO NOT get customers to visit your names. Both of those companies use Direct Navigation to do sales. Not enough searching on their home page websites to make it worth while.

DNSales does add credibility with a phone and actual people to talk to and there sales people overall do a nice job! For DNSales/Uniregistry I grade a B- if there commission rate was 12% I would give it a A-

SIDE NOTE: Remember all brokers don't get paid until you agree to sell, SO THERE real job isn't to maximize your sale. There REAL JOB is to talk you in to accepting the offer they have in hand so they make there commission.

Do you buy advertising on Google.com or Ask.com? If your answer is Ask.com, everyone knows why no one is buying your domains :) (NOTE: Attempt at humor)

So using Afternic with BIN pricing and instant transfer gets your domains the most exposure. If you are worried about missing one big sale with BIN pricing ... then why did you ask your question?

Final Thoughts....
Without seeing the portfolio and how bad off (AKA crappy it is) there is no way to give you a exact answer. NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN just factual.

If the domains are like any of the 100 spam emails I see each day in my inbox offering to sell me really crappy domains, you know you answer.

•••
If you don't make sales, it's always your fault. If you have good names, end users will come straight to you. But even when you own good names you have to be patient, especially if you are like me and do inbound only (you wait for buyers to contact you).
It depends on the quality of the portfolio of course, but also how many names you have and how many you've got. Say you own 1000 names, statistically you should have got a few inquiries at least after a year. If you haven't, it is a worrying sign.

Simply put, if you've registered a bunch of names one week ago and haven't got any inquiries it's normal. Because you are not patient enough. But it's hard to find good handregs, so you may still have a quality problem. In fact you could wait for ten years and not make a sale if the names aren't good enough.

Again, you have to be patient for the good names. If you have mediocre names, you drop them.

And of course, you must question your acquisitions. Look at what sells, you'll better understand what to buy.

•••
Sales in general is a numbers game, get in front of enough customers and you will make a sale.

some names just aren't "sellable", no matter how many eyes sea them....

If the domains are like any of the 100 spam emails I see each day in my inbox offering to sell me really crappy domains, you know you answer.

as, verified by your statement above

imo....

•••
@rainapple123 how long have you owned the domains? Where are you domains listed? What is your sales strategy?

There are so many factors that need to be considered not to mention right now is traditionally the slower time of year for sales. Patience is key but a look at your portfolio may answer some key questions.

•••
If your not making sales at all you may want to change the type of domains your buying.

Also it might be time to also concentrate on a new strategy. Selling to endusers isn't the only way to make money in this business. Theres a whole reseller market out there. it doesnt pay as much however, it pays a lot faster then waiting on a enduser sale.

•••
Sit here and try to pawn them all off to you guys in chat on Fridays B-)

•••
•••
wait! but during that time i become more careful while buying

•••
be very careful while buying new domains....
try to find some good leads for previous domains and retry to sell them

•••
When there are no sales, it is better to research and find out where is the loophole, what trend is going on. At times people have reduced prices for reviving the sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back