Dynadot

question What would you ask the Domain Industry Leaders and Decision Makers!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
What would you ask the leaders and decision makers in the domain Industry if you had the chance to meet them face to face. You can direct your question to a specific company or CEO or direct them to the domain Industry at large.

Thread Rules: Keep your questions specific to the domain Industry and not any personal matters. Must be professional, respectful, constructive, and not to use this as an opportunity to attack, demean, or ridicule any other person or company. There is zero tolerance for rude or insulting language and behavior or any attempt at using underhanded tactics to attack the competition. Because of the sensitive nature of this thread I invite the Namepros management and mods to keep a close eye on the conversations here for any violations whether direct or in disguise.

Anyone can provide an answer to the questions that fall within their area of authority and expertise even if the questions are addressed to someone else but can not and should not answer on behalf of someone else without their consent and prior authorization. You are welcomed to within reason use some of your company’s projects, goals, and ambitions as reference, but I don’t want this thread to become overwhelmed by promotions and links that would be considered pure advertisement.

I start by asking the following questions directed at the domain Industry at large:

1- Is it okay for Registrars to be in competition with their own customers for their expiring domains and deprive them of adequate opportunity to renew their domains.

2- Why don’t registrars give the full 35 days to registrants to renew their domains without any additional penalties and costs. (like Fabulous.com does for example)

3- Why aren’t there some Unified and Universal rules and policies across all Registrars in regards to the 60 day lock, domain deletion, or redemption and renewal of expired domains.

4- Why is it that I check a domain for availability either on a Registrar’s websites or the Whois and a few days later I see that it is taken and put under domain privacy.

5- Why should Registries be allowed to impose an arbitrary tax on everyone by increasing the registration fees while the total number of registered domains keep increasing (like in the case of .com).

6- Why are people allowed to use their position for personal agendas and profits like it's being done at ICANN with .org

7- What is being done by all the companies that are involved in the domain Industry towards empowering domainers specially in the emerging Economies.

8- What is being done towards protecting the public rights and interests as far as privacy, free speech, and keeping the integrity of their online presence through protecting their rights as registrants and website owners.

9- And finally how and when is everyone going to implement new technologies such as AI to better serve and protect their customers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Question to Afternic/Godaddy CEO: are you going to extend the feature of listing directly from Godaddy account (although still not working for me) to other registrars? In other words, when will I be able to list directly from within my Epik account?

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy, opt out of the forced 60 day lock.

enough is enough
!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy, opt out of the forced 60 day lock.

enough is enough
!

Samer

Samer I understand your frustration, but you and everyone else need to put your posts in the form of a question. Also if we are going to expect any of the CEOs or their representatives to engage the domainers on the NamePros then we need to help create a professional, respectful, and constructive atmosphere here.

IMO

•••
•••
Here are a few questions about the .com price increases:

Why didn't they put a mechanism in place in the original contract to account for the almost doubling of the number of .com registrations in the last few years.

Why didn't they put a mechanism in place in the original contract to account for the better and more advanced technologies such as AI that can help the registry to operate at a fraction of the cost of what it took to do the same job a few years ago.

Why are previous and even present members of ICANN allowed to advocate and lobby for the Registries instead of the Registrants, and why do so many of them even hold positions or own stocks in various Registries.

Why does ICANN refuse to be open about it's operations to the point that even the Stakeholders and Watchdog groups that have been given the authority to oversee the whole Internet naming and addressing system are denied to have access to the information regarding certain programs and decisions that ICANN even went to court to withhold from them.

There has to be more Transparency in how things are being done that are related to the domain Industry.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Also, add forever domain!

Enough of the “rent-payer’s” mentality.
Only one registrar, is fighting for this right.
instead of perpetual ownership; most scared, not least Verisign, and the DropCatchers.

The whole system has resisted this change for far too long at many-a expense for elite few.
These are assets! Let’s treat them like one.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
In lieu of the recent security breaches that have happened with the Registrants data I am interested to know what additional measures are being taken by ICANN to protect the Registrants when it comes to overseeing the security and business practices at the Registrar and Registry levels.

I believe that getting accredited by ICANN should go beyond just the initial tests and evaluations that are done at time of the original accreditations.

ICANN should continue to test, evaluate, and audit the accredited Registrars (and Registries) on a yearly basis by independent third parties in order to insure that the Registrants are safeguarded against any security breaches and improper or unfair business practices.

There should also be some uniform protocols and standards across the board when it comes to how Registrants’ data are being handled and stored.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Is this a rhetorical question thread?

Which registrar is looking at implementing biometric security for their websites?

Last edited:
•••
I am the leader. Clear domaining.com feed of garbage.

•••
Biometrics and all this stuff could be dangerous for general privacy at future. I would ask just the highest level of security. And lower prices.

•••
Back