IT.COM

tips What would/does gan9999

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Christian J

Impact
I bought gan9999.com a while back, the 9s I'm familiar with but not sure about gan.

Any ideas? Is it worth my time?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP

Any reason you registered this?? Just seems like some random numbers and letters?

you have to read this forum for a few months before regging any names

Check out namebio.com and DNJournal.com to see what type of names sell.

•••
I did some studying on the number trends and domain had been registered previously. Auction appraisal from GoDaddy said was over 1k, and just decided to go with it. Googling Gan says simple character/line.

Thanks for the resources!

•••
Never believe Godaddy appraisals or any automated appraisals, if you type that in Estibot, it says less than $10 so you can see how these appraisals work

You cant just put 9999 at the end of Gan and expect it to increase the value

Google "gan9999" and you will see it doesn't mean anything

Do a lot of research before registered names. Dont hand register names that are available, they are available for a reason

Look at expiring names and also email existing owners to try and find bargains, they are out there if you look hard enough

•••
Welcome to NP, Christian. Gan is a Chinese Pinyin word which can refer to the Chinese characters 感 (feel), 乾 (dry), 赶 (rush), and many more. Be sure to do your research to make sure your domain will be wanted by someone else.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks much, I got it off expired auctions actually lol. Yeah I worked at GD 6 years should ofnknown their appraisal tool "reboot" still wasn't great. I got a few good names but looks like I need to beef up the rankin/traffic.

Thanks for all the input super appreciated

•••
My advice is try and check for potential end-users before even paying for the name. Its a good strategy to have buyers first so you know you can at least approach someone with the name(s)

Buying names and then waiting for buyers to come to you is the biggest mistake new domainers make when starting out in this industry, if it was that easy, all domainers would be rich and everyone would be doing this. This doesn't work if you dont have premium names.

•••
buy a domain when you know what it can do for a business
and whom to sell it to

•••
if you put it on auction on this forum, nobody will give you 10$
if there was any value,
you will get a lot of queries when you list the domain on the "make offer" section

in this case, nobody will contact you for this domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back