IT.COM

question What will it take for someone to sell domains full time?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Give a reason to your answer

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • It is my personal experience

votes
    0.0%
  • This is just the way the industry works

votes
    100.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

learie

Established Member
Impact
This is a serious challenge for me, though I have gained some knowledge about the domain industry I still cannot say yes! I have found a great way to make money. I found the marketplaces to be so saturated with sellers, that it can be so overwhelming. What is a good price to sell your domain? Though you may have a really great appraisal it still doesn't mean you will get that figure for it. I wonder sometimes if this is a big gamble? There are some unanswered questions that I need to get answers for. I am looking forward to some useful feedback on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"I keep asking myself can I make a living selling domain name only? I have the will so, I just need to find the way. Who is willing to mentor"

I'm wondering if you really do have the will? Usually, I find that people who look for a mentor early on, don't have a go-getter type of work ethic. It's usually wanting somebody to take them by the hand and say do A, B and C and you'll have success. If you could only see my Domain folder and all the text documents and spreadsheets I had when I first started. Folders just for keywords. More than a handful titled Domain Notes, Domain Tips etc. Endless scroll of notes I took, etc. I get tired just looking thru them all, lots of late hours trying to figure it all out.

There are people who do this for a living, so yes it's possible. What's the difference between them and you? Sometimes it's money. Obviously, it helps to have some, because you need to buy domains. Work ethic of course. It takes more than that tho, some people think just working hard will do it. You need to be somewhat smart, be able to grasp things, like the market, possible trends, learning from your mistakes etc. We are competitors.

Having said all that, you really don't need a mentor, because while being competitors, you'll find people willing to help each other out with questions and problems when they arise. So you can always ask questions, after you put in the work and can't figure it out on your own.

•••
I think you need to be creative and imaginative to find and promote names, unless you want to invest and wait. You also need to be thick skinned and motivated to take all the comments from others who don't understand your ideas. :)

•••
Back