Dynadot

domain What will be the cost of my Domain webnewssocial.com ?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shri04

Impact
I'm going to sell this domain (webnewssocial.com) for $900. Will it value for money or I have to increase/decrease price ? Please, Guide me.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm going to sell this domain (webnewssocial.com) for $900. Will it value for money or I have to increase/decrease price ? Please, Guide me.
Low xx will be max

imo

•••
what should be the ideal price? can you help me please.

Last edited:
•••
When going for a brandable domain, there are a few rules you should consider for the SLD:
  • 10 characters or fewer.
  • 3 syllables or fewer.
  • It has to be legible and memorable.
Keep in mind that what you're doing is looking for a domain people want. Everyone can hand-register domains for free (technically for the registration fee), so you need to be offering something really special for someone to spend extra on it, and go through with the transaction process.

•••

.Always try to get a shorter domain name as possible.
.1 or 2 words are the names that are in demand mostly or stylish easy to remember made up names.
Yours is 3 words which mostly people avoid.
.You may get 3 digit value or even 4, if the end users really wants to use only this domain name and ready to spend for it. Otherwise,
. You can try selling in 2 digits but still it would be harder to find a buyer, even if you sell it for $10.
. Because if I have the option to buy this for $10 or register myself a new domain, I would prefer to spend sometime in finding a name that would easily get some demand and register myself the domain spending that $10.
. But that is my opinion. If someone likes this domain name they would buy it for a good price if they need that name to develop some relevant content on it.

The reason for such a long answer instead of a single answer of the value of the domain is because, no one can tell what is the price value for a domain. We can only say what is the price we would be ready to spend on it or feel its worth as per our opinion or a range in case the name is premium.

Last edited:
•••
When going for a brandable domain, there are a few rules you should consider for the SLD:
  • 10 characters or fewer.
  • 3 syllables or fewer.
  • It has to be legible and memorable.
Keep in mind that what you're doing is looking for a domain people want. Everyone can hand-register domains for free (technically for the registration fee), so you need to be offering something really special for someone to spend extra on it, and go through with the transaction process.
Solid criteria for brandables.

Reg fee for this particular name.

•••
Who will want this confusing awkward name and why? It doesn’t make any sense. Reg fee.

Stick to two words and make sure the words are in correct order and make sense. You can’t just slap any English words together.

•••
.Always try to get a shorter domain name as possible.
.1 or 2 words are the names that are in demand mostly or stylish easy to remember made up names.
Yours is 3 words which mostly people avoid.
.You may get 3 digit value or even 4, if the end users really wants to use only this domain name and ready to spend for it. Otherwise,
. You can try selling in 2 digits but still it would be harder to find a buyer, even if you sell it for $10.
. Because if I have the option to buy this for $10 or register myself a new domain, I would prefer to spend sometime in finding a name that would easily get some demand and register myself the domain spending that $10.
. But that is my opinion. If someone likes this domain name they would buy it for a good price if they need that name to develop some relevant content on it.

The reason for such a long answer instead of a single answer of the value of the domain is because, no one can tell what is the price value for a domain. We can only say what is the price we would be ready to spend on it or feel its worth as per our opinion or a range in case the name is premium.
I think what we are going for on this thread, more than anything, is to help people stop from buying names that make no sense and clearly will not go over with the public. Aftermarket domain names clearly can have such a wide range of prices but the primary idea here is to let people know what doesn't work.

The actual numeric appraisals are only a very rough, rough (rough!) estimation of a domain based on first impressions of the appraisers. Everyone who is using this thread should know that as a kind of disclaimer.

It is totally the prerogative of the asker to continue to think their name is still worth $5000 when I see only $5 of value in it.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
I think what we are going for on this thread, more than anything, is to help people stop from buying names that make no sense and clearly will not go over with the public. Aftermarket domain names clearly can have such a wide range of prices but the primary idea here is to let people know what doesn't work.
The problem is that people find get-rich-quick videos on Youtube/Tiktok explaining how you can make a fortune off domains, pointing out that jet.com sold for $3.3 billion and that domains sell for tens of thousands every day, and that it's an easy "side-hustle". All you have to do is register domains with high appraisal values according to GoDaddy's Appraiser, list it for sale, and then wait for a bit.

Of course it's a complete scam because the function of GoDaddy's appraisal service is to condition people to register domains.

But it gives these "financial gurus" on Youtube clicks, so they keep on doing it.

Last edited:
•••
We cant stop people from registering names. This name was registered long before he became a member.
3 words make no sense
I asked siri, if I say hey siri “ namepros.com “
my lady friend opens up this site.
Your name she is still on it.
Doesnt pass my siri test
Value $1.29

Last edited:
•••
The problem is that people find get-rich-quick videos on Youtube/Tiktok explaining how you can make a fortune off domains, pointing out that jet.com sold for $3.3 billion and that domains sell for tens of thousands every day, and that it's an easy "side-hustle". All you have to do is register domains with high appraisal values according to GoDaddy's Appraiser, list it for sale, and then wait for a bit.

Of course it's a complete scam because the function of GoDaddy's appraisal service is to condition people to register domains.

But it gives these "financial gurus" on Youtube clicks, so they keep on doing it.
Yep. Bang on. First function is to get you to register from them ie making themselves money first. Other than that, they are just supplying some data about similar keyword sales which you can get at Namebio anyway. That's about it. For all intents and purposes, pretty useless.

I have found the so-called financial guru thing on YouTube to be totally out of hand. 1% MAYBE have some value but more or less they are plying everyone with scraps ie even IF they were successful at their method, they are only leaving you with the cookie crumbs, after the fact.

And you are correct - indulging in these "gurus" only feeds their clicks which translates into ad revenue. Basically you are getting nothing for your time. It's really a one-way street.

Last edited:
•••
IMO, Sell it for whatever you can get.

It's lengthy. Buyers pay money for short names.

It's not unique neither it's meaningful. Buyer can easily get alternative name for $10 or less.

moreover, you can acquire better names at $20 or less at NPs itself and at expireddomains.net or at marketplace auctions.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back