Dynadot

What was your first domain?

NameSilo
Watch

WillW

Upgraded Member
Impact
My renewal is coming up for the first domain I registered and the first of many in my portfolio, and it got me thinking about what other domains were the first for people on here. Whether it be the first domain you hand reg'd or the first domain in your portfolio, I'm interested in hearing what the domain was.

My first domain

BodyMindSeoul / dot / com :stig:
Hand Reg
Registered in 3/2017

I'll refrain from saying the second name I hand reg'd out of respect for myself.​

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Pushmove.com won at auction but owner renewed so lost it.

•••
@AbdulBasit.com - Nice! Have you sold it yet?

I'm pretty sure in 2004 I was using the iMac from Apple. The one that you could choose your own color for the back...

..I had the blue one

•••
•••
Edit: oops.

Last edited:
•••
@AbdulBasit.com - Nice! Have you sold it yet?

I'm pretty sure in 2004 I was using the iMac from Apple. The one that you could choose your own color for the back...

..I had the blue one

My initial purpose buying that domain was for development and I had website for several years until I got into domaining and put that up for sale as well. Not sold yet.

I remember when I used to share 3N .cc domains (available for hand reg) in available .cc domains thread at NamePros. Didn't knew they would hit 4 figs easily. Could have made 6 figures had I bought those shared here:-D

•••
•••
•••
chignecto.ca
Aug 2001
I ran a small business at it, although have sort of wrapped that up, so just have a few things there now but run it continuously now for 16+ years. It is a unique name (a First Nations derived name for the bay that is at the upper end of the Bay of Fundy with the highest tides in the world).

•••
My first domain was a TM violation, bath-and-body-works.com, back in 2000 or so.

First time I had a computer, first year online, first time trying to make a site etc.

My gf at the time was a big Bath and Body Works fan. They did not sell anything online at the time. The only place to buy online was ebay. I think they were doing $4 a new sign up.

Made a 1 page site and had a forum. It ranked #1 on various search engines like HotBot. Got lots of traffic, lots of ebay sign ups. Still had a job at the time so this was all just extra money, my first affiliate income.

The forum was very popular. Had lots of BBW employees posting there, talking about new sales and new scents coming up. The company didn't like that. I also tried to push it and posted up a competitor, bathandbody.com, some more affiliate income.

Lawyer sent me a letter, I gave up the domain, obviously they were 100% in the right.

Year after that, quit the job, went full time in affiliate marketing with a coupon site, my second domain. Got up to #2 for terms like coupon codes, could never beat coupon-codes.net, annoyed the hell out of me.

Last edited:
•••
Tsmartech.com was my first domain which I ✋ registered with $1 coupon in June 2014 (I was newbie that time & even don't know anything about Domaining) I had developed that website & earned my first $50 from a Popads.net but I realized that domain isn't be SEO friendly so redirected all traffic to another ✋ registered domain (Appsapkapp.com) & made lots of $$$ from Adsense before selling it to someone for $550.

•••
@MetBob - I actually know where that is . I went to Nova Scotia a long time ago and saw those high tides. Took the cruise from ME to NS - Don't remember too much about that vacation except for those high tides...and the Canadian bacon, of course.

•••
The forum was very popular. Had lots of BBW employees posting there, talking about new sales and new scents coming up. The company didn't like that. I also tried to push it and posted up a competitor, bathandbody.com, some more affiliate income.

For a second, I thought you meant BBW as in BBW :xf.rolleyes:

My first domain was a TM violation, bath-and-body-works.com, back in 2000 or so.

Yep...I've been there before. Not on my first domain but one of the first I registered. Ended up getting an email from D/L/A Piper shortly afterwards.

I immediately sent them the domain - no questions asked.

Now I double check every domain I have TM wise before purchase or renewal.

•••
•••
Herbal-remedies.net if I remember rightly. Needless to say I dropped it a year later.

•••
Herbal-remedies.net if I remember rightly. Needless to say I dropped it a year later.

I have two .net domains in my portfolio and I'm on the fence about dropping them when renewals come around. Still don't understand why .net domains are more expensive to register than .com's. SMH

•••
Back