Dynadot

showcase What was the worst domain you've ever bought

NameSilo
Watch

mrflapjack

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are too many of them, can't decide...

LOL

Last edited:
•••
probably

bad.png

but I love it :)

•••
In my first couple months of domaining I remember I regged BlogBarf.com. I have no idea what I was thinking back then, crazy newbie delusion I guess. It is embarrassing for me to even write it here, but I will be brave. Do I win the prize for worst domain ever?

;)

I had a domaining partner back then, we shared everything 50/50; she regged GoogleMogul.com just because it sounded cool. We weren't that informed about TM dangers yet. Corollary: she sold it within a couple months for $850, it was actually our first sale. Looks like it dropped a few times but each time was snapped up again; is still regged and for sale! Crazy :)

Edit: I just checked, and BlogBarf has still been going strong all these years too! Still alive and regged. Ha ha ha ha haaa.

•••
top100.cheap

It was wrong on so many levels....

•••
Too many and too embarrassing to mention

•••
Probably agricultural.company. I doubt I can ever sell it to someone and it's a premium domain so it cost quite a bit. :D For what it is.

•••
I bought several of the .art domains as domain hacks. they were just terrible.

•••
Yolk.camera among many others.

•••
I regged quick-data.org in 01/02.

Can't believe why.

For a computer startup / school project. The amount of better alternatives were probably humongous.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I bought some .bid domains when they was for 0.66 at namecheap they were bad also high renewal prices

•••
I have so many it is hard to choose!:xf.frown: Probably one of my 3 word in .science extension like:
ICanDo.science
I still kind of like them, but should have been focussed on who would buy/use them, or not! Thanks for great thread, @mrflapjack !

•••
what was worst domain you bought ever
The first one ,which led to the 2nd and so on,with thousands of hours of wasted time,my portfolio is good now and I sell a lot of names on afternic,but I wish I stopped buying at number 10,keep it small, people.

•••
•••
top100.cheap

It was wrong on so many levels....

Although there are many list of top 100 cheap colleges, restaurants, hotels, places to go, hobbies etc. I could see it working, maybe as a development site where you run many sites in parallel through subdomains. If that is your worst ever, congrats! Although the .cheap extension always feels, sort of, err cheap to me , so in that sense I agree!

•••
I have seen worse extensions :)
ex: .mobi , .xyz , .top
i agree with .mobi but xyz have a lot of sales and it's not bad for me

•••
horrid people . com
This was maybe my third domain -- and obviously pre-NP.

•••
imgur.io for 5 year registration (I didn't know what I was doing at the time and was a complete noob :banghead: ) I still have it though :)

•••
Pussies.mobi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Handsome.today is still my worst one. I bought it in 2014 on my first day dealing with new gTLDs.

•••
Dam @Bulloney :xf.smile:

He got me thinking of crap names from his thread! So I have posted my worst 2 below

What was I thinking....:facepalm:

inpe . biz

edgybit . com
Thanks...what were you thinking. Really? What I've learned is that in any given year at least 98% of all domains registered are crappy. Geesh...what's everybody thinking?

•••
•••
Great thread. I made one myself months ago titled "Your Worst Domain?" but my "Your Best Domain?" overshadowed the former. I would say 9/1/1/a/i/d/s/./c/o/m is my worst.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back