IT.COM

question What Value OZK Domain Sold For?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We bank at a bank here in NW Arkansas that used to be Bank of the Ozarks. They've just recently rebranded as Bank OZK and their website is OZK.com. I'm dying to know what they paid for that 3 letter name. Has anyone in here seen it sold anytime in the last year? It could have been a private transaction, but maybe not? If anyone knows, let me know, will ya?

Dustie

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guessing around 150-200k Namebio shows no record.

•••
•••
•••
Guessing around 150-200k Namebio shows no record.

The " z " kills it and whoever owned it probably let it go at a reasonable price because finding end users for an oddball acronym like that would be tough.

As long as the bank made no announcement of the name change prior to acquiring the domain I think odds are they picked it up quite reasonably.

•••
•••
Thanks guys...some good thoughts. Living in the Ozarks, OZK appeals to me, but i do image to most it would be a bit odd. Briguy... I took a good look at the pdf report you found (didn't read the full 165 pages though) and throughout they were still calling themselves The Bank of the Ozarks and even found a page which said that was their official name.

I am guessing that it was in 2018 that the change took place. Guess that report is not out yet... I'll be watching for it. Thanks!

•••
I have no idea what they paid but it's on sale at afternic for $99,000

•••
Perhaps this is one of the 80% domain sales that are never reported. Great name. And the fact that it's sold to a bank should make it go higher.

It's a giveaway if it goes for anything less than $500,000

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back