Dynadot

discuss What to tell the seller after acquisition?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
After buying a name, I have come across scenarios where when listing the domain names on marketplaces, it says that the domain is already listed by another person. This can be a downside for the buyer in a number of ways:
  1. Unable to list
  2. Losing out on potential offers
  3. Buyers may make an offer to the other listing for the same name
  4. Losing out on potential deals
Are there any best practises after buying a domain name for:
  1. Asking the seller to remove the domain name from the marketplaces
  2. How do I verify if the name is not listed on any marketplace and the seller has removed it?
  3. Any other hygiene factors?
For example, if acquiring from namePros, we can ask the seller to remove the name from the listing, we can remove the name in our bids etc.

Really looking forward to your responses and I will compile a list at the end of this post.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How soon afterwards? I would wait about 24 hours minimum. The person may not have gotten every listing but intends to.

•••
How soon afterwards? I would wait about 24 hours minimum. The person may not have gotten every listing but intends to.
Ya but what all things to consider and close after 24 hours?
I have just listed a couple of them I knew

•••
At that point. Reach out and ask politely they remove any other listings.

•••
Happens a lot, I just send an email to the marketplace asking them to remove it as Im the new owner. Simple

•••
Happens a lot, I just send an email to the marketplace asking them to remove it as Im the new owner. Simple
Still too much work. if we have a bucket list, we just copy paste

•••
It does suck having to take a screenshot of my namecheap page to show I own the domain name for Afternic. Or waiting for Sedo to pick up my txt record not to mention having to add that.

I am thinking of making a template asking the seller to remove my new purchase from any other sales venues they may have had the domain listed. If I were an end user, I wouldn't want people thinking my new business was still for sale either.

•••
I generally list on domains on sedo, afternic and Dan...
I generally request seller to make sure to remove their listings from these platforms...
If I am the seller, I generally remove listings from all these platform as soon as I complete the domain transfer process....

•••
•••
Back